“World's Worst Internet Connection” 1 of 5 stars

50% off every 2nd Night
Ranked #97 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Washington
“World's Worst Internet Connection”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I build networks all over the world and I stay in many hotels and have used many hotel wired and wireless networks and have tested both wireless and wired connections.

This Hotel, Caribe Royale has by far the worst network of any hotel I've ever stayed in both wired and wireless connections are "Dirt Poor". They "Content Filter" everything to the point where you can barely go anywhere without getting "Banned" for 5 minutes. It's like having your Grandmother standing over your back, watching everything you do.

If you go to ANY point to point site like Netflix or Hulu or Torrenting or Gaming sites they will actually lock you out of the internet for 5 minutes. It's totally ridiculous...

It's so bad that I've actually heard people refer to it as the "Nazi Internet Connection"

lol no joke it's that bad.

Room Tip: If you need Internet to communicate this is NOT YOUR PLACE!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CaribeMktg, Public Relations Manager at Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your internet access challenges. However, the hotel does not filter which sites a guest can access. We only provide a connection through which access can be obtained. Connections that use software such as BitTorrent and uTorrent are quarantined for a short period of time, as they are in strict violation of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act regarding illegal downloads of intellectual property (feel free to Google it for more information). We regret that this may have been an inconvenience to you, however as a company we do our best to ensure that no illegal activity takes place at our hotel, even at an inconvenience to our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Arabic first
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

A trade group to which I belong has scheduled its annual conference and trade show at the Caribe Royale several times. The facility, conveniently located in Orlando, has quite a large convention facility that is well appointed inside and out.

The guest rooms are very comfortable suites, with a door separating an outer room with desk, sofa, chair, coffee table and entertainment center from the bathroom and spacious bedroom. The bedroom also has a flat screen tv and two comfy queen beds.

One quibble with the room is the entrance door - so heavy and with such a forceful automatic closer that I worry for families with small children who could get squashed in the doorway.

There are three towers and several villas containing guest rooms; having stayed in both, I can say that the rooms are quite comfortable and well-appointed.

The main lobby houses several bars, coffee shops and restaurants, and in the interior courtyard a large and luxurious pool. There is also a fitness center well equipped with everything a traveler could expect in equipment and facilities.

The cost of the room, compared to other similarly appointed rooms in other cities, is quite affordable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CaribeMktg, Public Relations Manager at Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. As an attendee of a conference, you experience our property somewhat differently than a leisure traveler, and we appreciate your perspective. It sounds like you enjoyed the comfort, layout and amenities in our suites and villas. We're also pleased to hear that our recreational amenities such as our pool, fitness center and restaurants, also appealed to you. We appreciate your business and hope to host you again soon!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had a great stay. I managed to lose my wedding ring while sleeping. No, I'm serious. I couldn't find it when I woke up. Tossed the room (I can't believe I wrote "tossed my room" like a police thriller). Called housekeeping, they cleaned the room AND found my ring! Simply amazing.

The staff is great, the rooms are a good size. Really positive experience, and thanks to housekeeping, my marriage survived!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for writing this review! We often have guests who misplace items but this particular item is priceless and we are so glad our housekeeping staff could help locate it for you. We take a lot of pride in our team, many have been with us since the hotel opened, and we know it is easy to misplace valuables during trips. Thank you for letting us know how we did! It was a pleasure having you as our guest.
park city utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed here many times, but just stayed here and I have to say...it's getting better! They seem to cater to the business events crowd. I wouldn't eat the food here, and the bar is nothing to write home about...but as a value it's great! The rooms are large, clean, comfy etc. The gym is nice as well. Service ( as far as I can tell) is great...

Caribou, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We loved the Caribe Royale and would definitely stay there again in the future. Our room was in tower 3 with a view facing the pool, and right down the hall from the laundry facility. The resort was very family-friendly; however, I was not impressed at the $10 per day wi-fi fee or the $5 basketball rental for the on-site basketball court. I think these perks should have been included in the price of our room. The pool and hot tubs were great, as were the multiple restaurants and cafes. The free shuttle service to Disney was also convenient. We decided to take 2 full days to sit by the pool, as my children found friends to swim with upon arrival. This made a potentially hectic vacation much more relaxed!

Room Tip: For families planning on doing laundry while on vacation, please note that the laundry rooms are loc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing and sharing your experience with other travelers. We're glad we could help you out during a difficult time. Being gone for four weeks must have been tough for your family, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope we have a chance to host you again in the future.
va beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We planned a last minute trip to Orlando during Spring break 2012. The resort where we were going to stay was already booked so we chose Caribe Royale. Our suite was nice and clean w/ a pullout couch, fridge and small office area in an adjacent room. i thought our bathroom was pretty nice. No real wow factor here, but it was definitely a good 2nd choice. There were 2 hottubs, a pool and small game room for the kids on the hotel premises. During our 1st night's stay, the Caribe played a kid movie w/ popcorn poolside. I would stay here again- if my 1st choice was unavail. However, there was really nothing special about our room or the hotel, although it was conveniently located across the street from a few restaurants, an outlet next door and minutes away from Gatorland. I should add the Royale Caribe did pass my test (and I'm pretty picky) as far as cleanliness, attractiveness w/ nice pool area for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CaribeMktg, Public Relations Manager at Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for the review! We appreciate your honest remarks and are glad you appreciated our cleanliness, attractiveness, and our pool area. We're also glad you appreciated our convenient location and thought your bathroom was nice. If you happen to venture to Orlando again, we cross our fingers that your 1st choice in hotels is once again sold out! That way we can host you again.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here recently for 7 days. 4 days were for a work conference and 3 were personal days. The place is a decent value for the area with nice places to eat (and pretty good house wine for $7), tennis court, very nice pool area and attentive staff. The shuttle service to Disney and the free parking are also great. Loved the all-suites experience and loved the fridge and microwave in the room. I have traveled a lot and would recommend this place.

Tips for management:

1) Improve the coffee experience at Java cafe. The coffee is a little overpriced and it's pretty mediocre. I recommend free refills or switching to a premium brew with a larger pour option. Throughout my week there I experienced and witnessed several awkward conversations regarding this. It's annoying having to buy 2-3 coffees at $2.50 a pop; staff and guests seemed to get annoyed.
2) There is a 7-11, a CVS, a pizza place, a Chinese place and a Mexican place across the street - embrace this, it is an advantage. To get to these stores you literally have to play frogger across 6 lanes of high speed traffic. There is a light - work with the city and /or that strip mall to get a cross walk put in.

See ya again in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CaribeMktg, Public Relations Manager at Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for the very balanced review and for the helpful tips. We really enjoy hearing suggestions from our guests and will make sure these are passed along to our general manager.

Been to Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!