“great for family vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   8451 Palm Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32836-6414 (Formerly Celebrity Resorts)   |
Ranked #140 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Appleton, Wisconsin
“great for family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great price for a suite with full kitchen and laundry in the room. Very comfortable and great location - nothing in Orlando area is more than 20 minutes away.

Couple of suggestions, if stocking the kitchen, there are two grociery stores nearby, skip them and head left to walmart (about 10 minutes) for better prices and selection.

For the Legacy - having stayed in suites frequently, it would be nice if you stocked salt/pepper/sweetner in the kitchen, wasn't expecting those to not be there and didn't notice until making breakfast the first morning.

Front desk staff friendly and helpful, nice pool area, lots of room for family. Only awkward part is access to the bathroom is through the master - if you are sleeping in the LR you have to go through the bedroom to use the bath.

Other than that, we loved it and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in back side - very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hi Betsy,

Thank you for this five-star review! We could not be happier to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in Lake Buena Vista.

We will absolutely keep in mind the comments you made regarding kitchen supplies - thank you for this positive feedback.

We hope you'll keep us in mind when planning your future vacations.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bavaria, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A lot of the other reviews of this place are invalid. These are resort rental apartment-type units. They don't come by to clean your room every day, but if you need anything re-stocked, just dial the front desk and they bring it free of charge. If you want housekeeping, they will do it for a small fee. You'd pay $200 a night anywhere else just to get the bedroom and whirlpool bathroom part of this room, let alone the furnished living room, full size glass top kitchen table, and full kitchen with fridge, stove, and dishwasher. It has a washer and dryer hidden near the entry too! (I had the suite, not the mini-suite). This was all for $88 or so per night! I'm sure it varies a little bit with the season, but still beats everything else. It is right next to Disney, Sea World, and Discovery Cove! No breakfast included, but you can make your own or go to IHOP. I'm a rewards member of many hotel chains but they were not worth it compared to this. Will stay here again definitely.

Room Tip: This is not a hotel... these are more like apartments with outside entry doors, so there is no eleva...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hi Dennis,

We cannot thank you enough for this wonderful review! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Lake Buena Vista. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave these details so that potential guests of ours may be well informed.

Our units are indeed spacious, and we find that many groups, especially families, really appreciate this over traditional hotel rooms. Our convenient location is also another main selling point. We're close by to all of the great attractions Orlando has to offer.

We'd love if you kept us in mind for your next vacation. We'd love to have you stay with us again!

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This place was awesome. We enjoyed this place more than the parks. I have been to many resorts but this one made my family's trip highly enjoyable. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The amenities were better than those offer in the Disney resort. My kids wanted to spend more time there than at the parks

• Stayed May 2013
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this 5 star review! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave these comments of your stay with us here in Lake Buena Vista. We aim to ensure every guest a positive experience. We love to hear that our staff provided you with great service; as a family-friendly resort this is a main focus of ours.

We really appreciate reviews like this, and we want you to know how much they mean to us! Please keep us in mind when planning your future vacations.

Wam regards,
Davenport, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The staff has excellent customer service. I called the day before to see if I could get an early check in on the date of arrival. On the day of arrival, they told me that check in was at 4pm, however housekeeping checked my room to see if it was ready for check in. I was able to check in early. We stayed 3 nights at the Legacy Vacation Resort in Lake Buena Vista being we were going to Disney and we was celebrating a high school graduation. It was very close to Disney and the shops. The room size that I had accommodated 10 guest comfortable. We have a 2 bedroom with a living room and den. It was lovely in the inside. The area was very peaceful and quiet. The pool was very nice. The full kitchen was nice as well. We really did not hear our neighbors be side us. I will be staying at this resort again. My daughter that graduated from high school plans to come back to this resort when she has graduated from college. However, we plan to use this resort for vacation and family coming from out of town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff of this property were absolutely superb! On a trip to a different city a few months ago I had an experience that left me very anxious about traveling again. I called ahead to Legacy and expressed my concerns. When we arrived, I asked for some help making sure that my room was safe for my family, and not only were they totally prepared to assist me (immediately, I might add), but the housekeeping and maintenance managers had already checked my room for me. They had even determined that a different suite would better accommodate my family and had changed our reservation. They simply could not have been any more professional. I previously worked at one of the Deluxe Disney Hotels, and I can assure you that the folks there would not have done as much to assuage my fears as the staff at Legacy.

As for the property itself, we found it to be more than adequate. We had a one-bedroom, and the common room area was HUGE! The kitchen had a nice big peninsula area with bar seats (not high up, though). My four year-old thought that was really fantastic. The pool was a good size, nothing fancy, but because this is a smaller property we had it to ourselves every single evening. My family decided that we would rather have a simple pool all to ourselves than a big pool with 1000 of our closest friends. The master bedroom was more than ample. I will say that the shower situation in the master bathroom was unusual to say the least. But when I went to bathe my preschoolers, the big tub (with a seat in it), turned out to be very convenient.

I have stayed at many different condo properties in the Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee areas (approximately 15 different locations), and the constant is always the checkout procedures. We always have to leave the place "just so." When I asked the front desk about checkout procedures I was told that housekeeping takes care of all of it. That was the icing on the cake for me!

I can't say enough about this property. From now on this is the only time-share exchange location I will use in this area. We absolutely loved it! OH! And the location is so good that we were able to walk (twice) to the Orlando Ale House (one of our favorites)!

Room Tip: We were in 802B, and the parking there shares an entrance with the Marriott Courtyard next door. It...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Becky,

We cannot thank you enough for all of the wonderful comments you had to share about your stay with us here in Kissimmee! We love to hear from our guests, and appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. As a family-friendly resort, offering top-quality customer service is our highest priority. We're so glad our staff was able to offer you and your family the assistance you required.

We are in the process of updating and renovating many of our units and will take into consideration the comments you made regarding the bathroom in your unit.

We sincerely hope you'll be able to visit us again - we'd love to have you! Thanks again for leaving this review, it's greatly appreciated.

Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very well located. You are a few minutes away from tons of restaurants (Lake Buena Vista Cross Roads) and the gates that lead you to Downtown Disney. There is a Wal-Mart 15 minutes away and a Walgreens less than 10 minutes away.
We stayed at a one bedroom suite. The kitchen was well equipped (dishwasher, microwave, full fridge) and it basically had had everything we looked for. The suite was quite spacious there was even a full dinning room table. There is a washer and drier in the room which I find very useful.

The living room also had a good size with a plasma TV and DVD player.

The bedroom had a good size. A few opportunity areas here: There was not a lot of closet space and the bed itself was not great. Something that bothered us a bit is that the curtains let in a lot of light. My husband literally taped the curtains to the wall so we could have more privacy and prevent the sun from waking us up in the morning.

As far as entertainment on site, there is a small pool and a tennis court. Nothing that really attracted us to spend the day at the hotel.

Bottom line is if you are looking for a clean, spacious and safe suite to stay in Lake Buena Vista this place is a good option with good value.

• Stayed May 2013
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Lili,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review of your stay with us here at Lake Buena Vista.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. Our guests certainly do enjoy our spacious units compared to a traditional hotel room - we're glad this was the case with yourself.

We will take all of the positive criticism you offered into consideration as we continue to update our resort.

Please keep us in mind for your next vacation! Hope to see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Legacy Resort. We were surprised by the size of the room and it was great to have a kitchen to prepare breakfast and a few lunches. They did explain to us on check in that there was no daily maid service but were quick to respond when we requested additional towels. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants, shopping and Disney. Our room was clean but could probably use an update in the bathroom as the bathtub is a bit dated. The only downfall was the adjoining doors as you can clearly hear your neighbors. On our first night we were awoken twice in the early hours of the morning. I was actually startled as I thought the people had entered our room so got out of bed to check. The second time that night was due to our neighbors "ENJOYING" themselves so if you have children you may not want to have them hear this or have to explain it the next morning. Fortunately on our second and third night we had new neighbors with young children as well so it was quiet at 10 pm. It is really too bad that the resort does not fix this problem as it would be a great place to stay otherwise. The staff was very friendly and always waving and saying hello whenever they saw us. The grounds were well kept and the pool was very nice. Also convenient was that we had laundry in our room and there is free laundry available also beside the office. Not too bad overall and we may consider staying again if we travel with family that can take the adjoining room beside us.

Room Tip: Choose the back building furthest from the office to avoid any traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Legacy Vacation Club during your recent vacation in Orlando. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review.

We are glad you enjoyed your spacious accommodations - many of our guests certainly prefer them to traditional hotel rooms. Our location is certainly convenient and we're happy to read this was to your liking.

Thank you for pointing out the trouble you experienced with noise from the unit next door. This is something we have been reminded of several times, and it is certainly on our list of issues to address. We'll keep in mind your comments as we continue to improve our resort.

We hope you'll be able to stay with us again in the future!

Best regards,
Legacy Vacation Club

Been to Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!