“Great location!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   8451 Palm Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32836-6414 (Formerly Celebrity Resorts)   |
Ranked #191 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Halifax, NS
“Great location!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here for a week in April - Had the large unit with full kitchen, laundry, king bedroom, two double bedroom and den with pull out couch. LOVED the size of it! It was nice to park in front of your door (especially coming home with sleeping children after the parks), having the laundry and full kitchen was a huge plus in saving money, the kids slept so much better in their own rooms as opposed to one large hotel room, the pool was clean and never too busy, hot tub was very hot (sometimes they are just warm), front desk supplied tennis equipment, just over a mile to Downtown Disney - close to I-4 on/off ramps, Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, etc. right there around the corner! Would recommend it for sure, would return for sure, actually can't wait to go back!!! The hotel itself is older and likely a 3 star but the amenities make it for sure!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to hear that you had a great time here with us at Legacy Vacation Club in Lake Buena Vista!

Several of the amenities that you pointed out are what make us stand our amongst the numerous hotels in the Orlando area. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the spacious accommodations - this is always a favorite with families that visit our resort.

Our location is indeed convenient and we're glad this was a selling point for you.

We hope you'll be able to visit us again in the future.

Warm regards,
Legacy Vacation Club

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I recently stayed with my family of 7 over spring break, the room was a great size, nice, and very clean. However the plumbing was not strong and barely flushed. On the third day of our stay the pipe broke in the building that we had, I know the resort had no control over this, however it really inconvenienced our day. Only a couple of us could shower before there was no water. We called for status on the repair, and after four calls to the front desk I finally asked if we could just have access to a different building to use the bathroom. They did give us access to the other room. Overall the stay was nice and enjoyable, the pool was relaxing and the location was very convient for what we were in Orlando. I would most likely give it another chance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Hilary,

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for any of the inconveniences which occurred during your stay. We are terribly sorry if these affected your stay at all.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review, and are pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. We love to hear that you enjoyed the pool and our convenient location.

Again, please accept our apologies and we do hope you'll keep us in mind when planning your next vacation.

Warm regards,
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Happy ending. two stays at this resort. I run a business and learned that you can not get it right every time. My gauge of success, is how you deal with the short commings and how you make it right. Expecations were not met the first time. My concerns were met head on, and they worked hard to correct and make it right. Happy endings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hi Frank,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this message! We apologize for any inconveniences you may have initially experienced with us. However, it's wonderful to hear that your "concerns were met head on" and that these issues were resolved.

Here at Legacy Vacation Club we pride ourselves on our customer service. We want to provide families memorable vacation experiences and are able to do so with the help of our friendly and attentive staff.

We hope you'll keep us in mind when planning your next vacation.

Best,

Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just returned from a 6 night stay at the Legacy Resort. There are positives and negatives to share. Before deciding on this accommodation, realize it is a resort location NOT a hotel. So there is not daily room service/cleaning. This is okay with me as I'm fine with reusing towels, not having bed changed every night etc. There is an additional charge if you want to have cleaning done during your stay.

Positives:
Room was clean and everything was in working order.
Location was ideal -- just a mile away from Downtown Disney where you can park for free and jump on the Disney buses and get anywhere.
Price was right. Didn't have a discount hotel feel.
Facility itself is nice and access is easy

Negatives:
Almost no customer service. I asked three times for additional washcloths and never received them. My room key quit working and when I went to the desk to have it fixed was not offered an apology or any concern that I'd been inconvenienced (I was hauling groceries, and other gear at the time, so it really was a hassle)
The door that connects to the adjoining room permits ANY noise to carry over. I woke up one morning to the sound of my neighbors having breakfast. After that I closed the bedroom door the next night it was okay but if I'd had noisly neighbors, it would have been miserable. This was in one of the small units, so perhaps other units don't have this problem.

I might consider this accommodation again because of the price, but I'd look for othe value properties as well. They did nothing to build any customer loyalty. This was quite a comparison to the Disney parks where the guest is Queen.

Room Tip: For more privacy, ask for a room that doesn't have an inter-room connection to another unit. If...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights in February 2013. First, when you check in they really try to hard sell the timeshare breakfast. I found that very annoying, if I say no the first time, then stop trying. Next, we stayed in a Junior suite and let me explain you can hear every word, every movement of your neighbors, it sounds like they are in your room. If you have a large group with adjoining rooms it wouldn't be an issue, but with strangers it is a major negative. The suite was mostly clean, but not updated. Because of he noise we would not stay here again or recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie C, Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding our vacation ownership options.

We do offer timeshare products to those who are interested in taking a tour and hearing about the benefits of vacation ownership. However, our team members who are offering these benefits and services should have communicated this to you without pressure. I apologize for the delivery and perception received during your check in experience with our sales team.

In regards to the noise levels with adjoining units, unfortunately some units generates a higher level of noise than others, and unfortunately this is not an easy fix. All we can do is contact the appropriate unit and ask that at a certain time in the evening they exercise quiet time and be considerate of those guests in adjacent units. Again, I apologize for the noise and we would have certainly addressed this while you were staying with us.

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay. We look forward to hearing from you.

Legacy Vacation Club Management
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked this place for a "Chick Trip" reunion with two high school friends after a conference at Disneyworld. We used this venue as a base for trips to Winter Park, Mt. Dora and other non-Disney destinations. We were pleasantly surprised as to how nice the unit was and how convenient it was to be near the highway (I-4). The unit was nicely appointed and the we appreciated having a kitchen and a washer/dryer. The staff was accommodating and friendly. NEGATIVES: the configuration of the jacuzzitub/shower was awkward and could be dangerous for people with mobility problems; there were insufficient towel racks in the bathroom; the sofa bed was seriously uncomfortable for more than a child and (the worst) the noise from children crying in the adjoining unit was sometimes disruptive to our sleep. However, the price was right for our purposes. I would return to this property if I were in a party of two so no one would have to use the sofa-bed. The other problems where things that I could live with--but no more nights on the sofa bed with a crying baby next door!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your stay at Legacy Vacation Resort in Lake Buena Vista. Thank you for the kind words regarding your accommodations.

We take great pride in our customer service and are thrilled our staff provided you with friendly service during you stay.

Please accept our apologies regarding any noise that may have come from adjoining rooms. Our resorts are very family-friendly, therefore we have many children staying with us. We do hope this was not too much of an inconvenience for you and your friends.

Again, your review is greatly appreciated and we do hope to see you again.

Warm Regards,
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks, self catering, in April 2012 with 6 adults and 2 children. This was my first time in Florida and first trip to the states (apart from New York on way between flights).

We stayed in a ground floor apartment which was supposed to sleep up to 10 people but some of which were sofa beds-although this wasn't really an issue. The apartment was spacious and very clean, A nice sofa and two arm chairs and a wall fitted tv, Kitchen had well maintained appliances, lots of cupboard space and all necessary utensils.

Bedrooms were well furnished (table and chair, beds, sink) and ours had its own fridge!
The apartment had 2 bathrooms one with a jacuzzi, both large and very nice.

The hotel had a mid sized pool and use of another pool at the hotel opposite, use of computers with internet connection are free,which is good for keeping in touch with family and friends back home. There is also a BBQ area near the pool area and you can get BBQ utensils to use from reception.

The hotel is in a good location and very close to all the main attractions that we wanted to visit such as Universal studios etc.

Really enjoyed our trip here and would like to visit again one day (when I can afford it again)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting Legacy Vacation Club in Orlando, Florida as your vacation destination. We appreciate the positive feedback! Our goal is to ensure that each and every guest has a positive vacation experience and we couldn’t be happier that you enjoyed your experience. We will share this with the entire team at Legacy Vacation Club. We look forward to your return to the Orlando area and thank you again for the wonderful feedback

Legacy Vacation Club Management

Been to Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!