“family friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   8451 Palm Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32836-6414 (Formerly Celebrity Resorts)   |
Ranked #184 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“family friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This property is a very clean place. The staff was very helpful. The grounds had 4 pools and seemed to have alot of activities available. Location was very easy to get too and not far from Disney World. We were able to get a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen and laundry.

Room Tip: pool view was great
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to vacation at Legacy Vacation Club at our Lake Buena Vista location and for the positive feedback! Our goal is to ensure that each and every guest has a positive vacation experience and we couldn’t be happier that you enjoyed your vacation with us. We would love to be your resort of choice in the future and we appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

We look forward to your next visit to the Orlando area!

Legacy Vacation Club Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I travelled here in June of this year, accommodation itself was good, only downside was that one bedroom had all the air conditioning units right outside the window which was quite noisy, the pool also needed to be cleaned which my kids asked numerous times, the wee one got to the stage he was taking his net to de-bug the pool! The big issue was that money went missing from our room, more disappointing was that when i enquired who had access to the key cards etc i got no answer, i was told this would be investigated but noone did and we were leaving the net morning and i got blanked by management. I even emailed her several times on my return to the uk and got nothing, not even a reply when you go to the "contact us" section on legacys own website. That ruined the last part of out holiday which otherwise had been great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We have been on a one month vacation across the US with two kids and have been in hotels with two double beds or pull out sofas in the same room as the kids so this was a great surprise. We had a room which was in fact suite A and suite B. We had the main room with kitchen, dish washer, washing machine, dryer, large hot tub, family living room and table and large king size bed. Next door was the kids suite which could be it's own suite for one or two people but as this had a connecting door it become a second wing where they had there own beds, toilet, shower and lounge which they called the kids games room with it's own TV. So it was nice to have a little space from each other. The facilities and staff were excellent. The choice to be made is do you want to save time and stay at a Disney resort or save money and be further out and take more time to get to the Disney worlds. The Disney worlds are so spread out you have to use transport anyway so we found it easy to use the local bus service which goes to the Disney transportation area where you link up to Disney bus services to eac park and monorail services. The bus stop is right outside the hotel. There is also a shopping centre and restaurants across the road. We found it a convenient and nice place to stay

Room Tip: If you are with kids ask for connecting suites,
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Loved the Mini Suite my husband and I stayed at. The suite had a separate bedroom with a TV and a living area with a TV, couch and a table and two chairs with a mini kitchenette which included a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, sink and all the kitchen gadgets needed including plates and silverware. I liked having the separate areas....kinda felt like being in a smaller apartment. Better than the average hotel room. Got a great fall travel rate!

The vacation club is near all the major parks and lots of shopping and restaurants. We went to Walmart which was only about 10 minutes away to grab some supplies and groceries. The staff was friendly and helpful. Keep in mind the desk closes at 11 p.m. so if you are checking in late to make special arrangements.

It is not a large property which we personally liked. More intimate. The property does have a small business center and pool. However, you can go to the sister property in Kissimmee which has more amenities, including a fun zone, pools, fitness center, etc. All you have to do is bring your room key and the property is not far away....about 15 minutes.

The only con about the room is the bathtub/shower. You have to climb a step and then take another big step to get into the shower/tub. It is a whirlpool tub which is a nice touch but it is very high up. At 5'3" I had a hard time getting in and out. Children and people with a disability or other physical issues would have a hard time getting out. My husband showered before me so the tub was slippery and I had to use the hand bar to get in and out so I did not fall.

Also to keep in mind it is a vacation club so you do not get daily cleaning service. You have to pay for it. They will bring fresh towels, linens, and shampoo, etc. for free. We only stayed over the weekend so there was no need for this, but if we had stayed a week it would have been worth at least once. Especially if we had stayed in a 1 or 2 bedroom suite. Another issue is there is a door that is locked that leads to the larger suite next to us. It might be easy to hear other guests in the room next to you, but would a great bonus for larger groups to have adjoining rooms and a lot more space....a mini suite with a 1 bedroom suite.

We would stay here again!! If we ever stayed longer than a weekend we would get a 1 bedroom suite.

Room Tip: If you do not want to haul luggage, kids, etc. to the second floor, ask for a 1st story room. There...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
medford, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I stayed with my husband and my two kids from 08/25 to 08/31/2011. That was such an amazing place . My one bedroom apartment was very cozy, no noise, clean and spacious. I will come over and over again and strongly recommend it for your first choice to visit Mickey.
The front desk was so helpful and friendly. I arrived by 1:00 Am and found somebody waiting with my keys at the door areas.
I found everything in the kitchen , I could cook for my family. I saved a lot of money at that great location. I even washed my clothes before leaving , so ,I didn't have to carry home any dirty stuffs. The stop bus was just second from the hotel.
I want to thank the staff for their professionalism.
Keep up your outstanding business. It is worth the money...

Room Tip: My one bedroom apartment was big enough for a family of four. Large king size bedroom, one queen sof...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Did a timeshare exchange and was very pleasantly surprised with the unit. It was 3 bedroom, 2 baths both with jacuzzi, full kitchen and 1/2 kitchen, living room, dining area. We had 2 temp controls for either the master or guest side of the unit. Grounds were nicely landscaped. Unit was clean with all amenities as expected. Very jazzy miirrored master bedroom with walk in jacuzzi. Centrally located (almost across the street from Disney World entrance). My only disappointment was the pool. It was rather small but since it wasn't crowded there were really no problems. It was clean and well maintained. If you have an opportunity you will not be disappointed. There are no eating establishments on premises though.

Room Tip: If you need a soft pillow you need to bring your own.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was a last minute vacation (to see Mickey) and didn't expect much. But it was clean, roomy, and had a super master bedroom! The 2nd bath was big enough for the two teenagers and the two under-10's. (One drawback was the pull-out couch/bed in the third bedroom. The young kids were fine on it, but if an adult had to sleep there, they would not be happy.) The kitchen had all the amenities and was big which was nice with the large living room. TV's in all 3 bedrooms and new towels and linens everyday if we asked. The pool was nice -- but not great and the hot tub was was more like a warm tub, lol, but served its purpose. The "playground" was quite small, but we didn't have time to even think about using it.

Overall, I would definitely go back and suggest others to go as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!