“Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #145 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
hampshire,england
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

Spent first week of a 2 week stay in Florida at this hotel and was pleased we chose it.We have previously stayed in the neighbouring Grosvenor (Awful) and the Holiday Inn (formerly Courtyard)which wasn't great either.
We had a room at the end of a corridor(i.e.quiet) on a high floor and overlooking the lake,woods and of course Disney,so we were very lucky!
We had a king size bed but the linen was old and tatty and the pillows were great big lumps that took a few nights to get used to.We loved the fact it had a balcony and sat out there for breakfast and early evening drinks a couple of times and it was also nice to be able to let fresh air in!Would have liked it if a fridge was included but they did let us rent one which was $10 a day.Expensive we thought but I guess they want you to buy their food and drinks.
The standard of cleanliness was ok and we had no problems.
Didnt eat at the hotel so cant comment.The bar looked nice...small and friendly.The reception staff weren't particularly friendly although check in and out were speedy.
The main reason we like to stay in Hotel Plaza Boulevard is the fact that you can walk to Downtown Disney in one direction and The Crossroads in the other, for evening meals.It means you can have a drink and not drive and is a very safe area with sidewalks,controlled crossings etc.

• Liked — The location and the views
  • Disliked — The bed linen
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Fayetteville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

I spent five nights at this hotel and enjoyed my stay. I booked through priceline and I'm glad I did. In my opinion this is not a 3.5 star hotel. I would give it 2.5 stars. The price I paid through priceline for this hotel was worth it but don't book throught the hotels website. The rooms are overpriced. Upon arrival I was offered an upgrade for an extra $10 a night. With the upgrade I paid $86 a night but for the same room if I had booked on the hotels website I would have paid $137 a night. Do your research. With the upgrade I had an amazing view of Downtown Disney. I could see the Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks show every night. The walk to Downtown Disney takes about 10-12 minutes. Its a nice walk that is shaded by trees. The bus service to the parks was good with more comfortable seating then Disney buses but the drop off point at the parks is not as close as with the Disney buses. The Magic Kingdom drop off was the furthest. Leave the parks early to avoid the massive bus crowds at park close. I enjoyed the lounge and the pool but didn't care for the full service restaurant. The dinner en trees are too spicy. The cuisine is Caribbean style. I tried the restaurant twice but ended up eating my meals somewhere else. There are plenty of choices for lunch/dinner at Downtown Disney and off property which is also a short walk from the hotel in the opposite direction of Downtown Disney. They serve Pizza Hut pizza and that was good. I don't eat breakfast so I did not try the breakfast buffet. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. My room was clean upon arrival and was maintained that way each day. If you want to stay in a Downtown Disney hotel this is a good choice for the budget minded visitor though you can stay at a hotel/motel cheaper off property. If money is no object then try the Hilton or Buena Vista Palace in Downtown Disney. Great accommodation's and they are located across the street from Downtown Disney. I have stayed at both these hotels and highly recommend them. All in all I had a good stay at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort and probably will stay there again.

Stayed May 2007
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

I have to say that after reading some reviews I'd say my experience was better than expected. The hotel was clean. BUT, things I didn't like:

1. Breakfast buffet was nasty. I think there might have been a hair in food.
2. Ate pizza hut pizza first night at bar Medium pizza, a beer and a softdrink= $30.
3. Couldn't regulate temperature in room. Either too much air or no air
4. Pillows GIANT.

However, the shuttles were about what I expected. Not Disney, but not bad. Certainly saved a bundle. Definitely look into getting a disney view room... we didn't have one but that would have been very cool.

Also, I ran the Disney marathon and had no trouble getting from the hotel to the start... We could have left the hotel at 5 and been more than fine.

• Liked — forgot to mention that the staff was great. I left a number of things in room and housekeeping took care of me
  • Disliked — couldn't control room temp. food overpriced and nasty. Extra fees..
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

We stayed in this hotel on Apr. 14 - Apr. 21, 2007. We stayed at this property two times a few years ago, and had a positive experience, but it seems the place has taken a slump downwards. Here are things that made us angry and unhappy:
1) Rude and irritable front desk person, who, during our check-in, instead of explaining why they can't enter our Best Western Gold Crown # in the system (turned out, it was because we didn't book through the BW site directly), practically started yelling at us.
2) Maid service forgetting to lock the room door. We came back to our room in the middle of the day to find out we didn't need our keycard to enter the room! When we called the front desk, they got rude and defensive and tried to accuse us of not locking the door properly when we were leaving. It didn't matter to them when we said that maid service has been in our room after we left, they just continued to be defensive. They also refused to allow us to talk to a manager about this incident.
3) Corridors, rooms in bad need of makeover, especially bathroom (plus there were mildew, loose tiles, loose faucet, dirty mirror in the bathroom).

This "resort" felt more like an underrun 2-star hotel. We aren't coming back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed April 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

Stayed at best western from the 3rd to 10th of april and had a wonderful time, being that it was easter the hotel was busy but that didn't stop us from recieveing great service and being seen quickly at check in.
The rooms were good size, beds were comfy, I wasn't fussed about the decor as other people may have pointed out the room was clean with fresh towels and that was good for me, I spent my days out in disney not in my room, and I didn't notice any moth ball smells as others have pointed out I was just happy to be in orlando.
The buffet breakfast was good although I wasn't keen on the beans but it really did give us a good start to the day which is definately needed when walking around those parks all day. The waitresses were very friendly and all the staff in the hotel, didn't get to use all amenities such as gym or games room but they looked fine. I would definately stay again was in a vey good location and the complimentry bus to the disney parks was fine, the plus was that this hotel is the first for the bus to pick up guests so was guaranteed a seat!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2007

Spring Break week, 4 am, because of some unusual cirumstances which I won't get into I was desperately driving around Orlando and Kissimmee basically looking for anyone that would take us (me, my girlfriend, and my two boys, ages, 8 and 12). Everyone was sold out.

I'll keep it short but the night front desk person went out of her way to not only give me a room for a night, but also to keep me at this property for the week. She did some maneuvering and not only let me keep my room, when they had no openings but also arranged for me to upgrade to a suite a day later.

The move to the other room was flawless. I simply left my bags in the room, went to a park, at around 3 came back and my room was ready and the bags were in my new room. There was a remote missing which I got right away from a maintance g uy standing right outside my room. I should also mention that on the first night the security guy brought us up linens for the pull out couch right away.

No service complaintes at all. Front desk staff exceptionally friendly and helpful as I already mentioned. During the day, at check in time, and check out time, it can be a little challenging because they only have 2 front desk people working, but it moves fast.

We only ate breakfast here, which was adequate but economically priced. It's fine to get your day started. I'm not a picky eater, and the buffet was good enough for us...eggs, waffles, pancakes and that kind of stuff. I think its only like $9 for the whole thing.

Yes this place needs a little upgrading. Rooms are a little on the older side, it's kind of worn, but under the circumstances like I said, I really didn't care. For $199 a night for a regular room, and $299 night for a one bedroom suite I think it's priced pretty dam well for what you get.

Like I said there is a restaurant, a small game room, a little like Pizza Hut cafe, and a well stocked store. The Fitness Room has equipment from like 1898, but it was a tradeoff I could live with.

This is definitely not a 5-star resort, but for people that want a decent place to stay, close to everything, it's cheap enough where I wouldn't care. If your looking for top-notch amentities then don't stay here, but I am telling you it's very comfortable with a good location and very nice staff.

I had my own car so I can't say much about the shuttles to the park or airport.

It's an official Disney hotel as are all the hotels on Hotel Plaza but it's not on property, so it's a short drive to everything, the parks, Paradise Island, downtown Disney, etc.

We had fun, and for the money, and location, and service would probably most definitely stay here again.

• Liked — location, price, and service
  • Disliked — needs a little upgrading
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Livonia, Mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2007

Recently stayed there for 2 nights, a Friday and Saturday. Having stayed at a few other BW hotels in the last few months, we were expecting something than just window dressing. From the parking lot the grounds are very attractive and the public space is indeed spectacular. That's where it ended. Checked in at 9:30am, no rooms available, but we could pre-register and have our bags taken to the room when it became available. Fine, no problem. Then we were told about the $6.95+ tx "resort fee". Best Western' s website refers to the "complimentary" shuttle to all the parks. There is a sign next to the front desk that states the resort fee covers the wi-fi and shuttle transportation amongst other charges. I guess that complementary now has a service charge. There was only one agent at the Front Desk to handle checkouts and there were more than a couple of people in line. Caught the shuttle to the Magic Kingdom and spent the day there. Returned to the hotel about 10:30 pm. Discovered that one of the elevators should have been put out of order, most of the buttons were broken out and the floor indicator display had a white piece of plastic screwed over it. When we reached the room it had an over powering smell of moth balls. This seemed to be a common occurance, as we spoke to other guests who said the same thing. In the cabinet below the TV, we found the remnants of a party from prior guests. The wi-fi did not work and the Front Desk's response was "there isn't anyone on duty to fix it". The towels in the bathroom were average in size, but the holes in them gave the impression that they had seen better days. There was a card in the room that stated if you wanted fresh towels, just leave the dirty ones on the floor. Which we did. Either we got the same towels back, or the fresh towels also had large holes. In the morning discovered cigarette butts on the balcony, (this was suppose to be a non-smoking room) and the railing was in need of scraping and painting. The safe in the room was also broken. Went to check out the pool, but found it too chilly to use (heated?), my partner stumbled over several loose paving bricks that were part of the pool area renovations and the seem to be on going, but not roped off. Breakfast on Saturday morning was very good, although the price of $8.99 for adults is a bit steep. The waitress was very friendly, the only employee that we found to be so. We were not given the option of paying cash charging breakfast on a credit card, it was just added to the room bill. Saturday night security had an outpost set up in the elevator lobby when we returned from Epcot. And still no wi-fi. Just glad that the weather was nice so that we could sleep with the doorwall open as not to be overcome from the fumes of the mothballs. Check out on Sunday, no much better than check in. Two agents at the desk, only one actually working, the other appeared (and sounded) like she was on a personal telephone call. There were four people in front of me waiting to check out while she continued her call. By the way, the wi-fi was working on Sunday morning. Told agent at check out of the complaints and was not even offered a small compensation. All in all, not a terrible hotel, but there are probably better places to stay. Also, found it odd that a Best Western hotel would have a Marriott Vacation Club (ie timeshare) sales desk in the lobby.

• Liked — The grounds and public areas were very attactive, and location to Disney Resort
  • Disliked — The guest rooms, and staff
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!