It's more like a former three-star trying desperate not to slip, and not quite succeeding. Stayed three nights in March 2013, paid 355 through Hotwire's take-a-chance deal which showed Disney's Caribbean Resort as an example of the type available in the category, and lemme tell you, the BW's nothing like the Caribbean Resort. Positives: location on the resort row leading to Downtown Disney, which makes it 'on property.' Staff VERY welcoming and pleasant and helpful. Basic cleanliness good. Free Wi-fi good enough to stream movies. Free parking. Negatives: very dated, signs of wear (cracks in bathroom tiles, slow elevators, etc.). "Resort fee" of $11 tacked on. You'll pay extra for a king bed, fridge, or microwave. No charge for a rollaway but the mattress is so thin you can see the hard springs through it -- no one but an exhausted toddler could sleep on it. The regular beds in the room are quite comfortable.
I came home after a day in the parks and my room hadn't been cleaned, despite a "Please Clean Room" sign. The manager said that the staff couldn't read the sign. After I asked whether they could be trained to identify the blue side from the white side, he admitted "I got no excuse" and gave me a $20 credit on my bill. !!
We didn't have as good an experience with the park shuttle as other reviewers. Longer waits, less dependable times than others have reported. $13 breakfast buffet that's just okay, a tiny Pizza Hut concession with breakfast sandwiches, pastries, coffee, beverages, and some lunch/dinner offerings. They have an expensive room service menu, but on two different nights we could not get through to them despite trying for two hours. There's are restaurants and a Goodings grocery store about a 15-minute walk away, but they also have their prices jacked up.
After all charges, I paid about 133 a night. For spring break time, short notice, this is not bad for on-property, but a friend got the same rate booking directly with them that I got through Hotwire, which I don't think I'll ever use again. I'd rather book farther ahead and off-season and stay in one of the lower-end Disney resorts for a newer property with more features, even if it would be about 50 more.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Hotel
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista
- Best Western Orlando
- Orlando Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Downtown Disney®, this Lake Buena Vista hotel is the ideal place to stay for an affordable Disneyworld® vacation. Our hotel near Disneyworld® offers guaranteed admission and continuous complimentary shuttle transportation to all four Walt Disneyworld® theme parks!After a day of non-stop fun and excitement, guests can retire to one of 325 generously-appointed guest rooms each featuring furnished private balconies. Additional business and leisure amenities in each room include 37-inch LG LCD flat panel TV's with cable access, an alarm clock radio with iPod compatibility and complimentary wireless Internet access. Our Lake Buena Vista Resort offers fun for the whole family with an outdoor heated swimming pool, a video game room, fitness center, a cocktail lounge with pool side seating and an on-site restaurant. Business guests staying at the BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel will also appreciate our hotel's business services, meeting facilities and close proximity to local corporations, including Johnson & Johnson, IBM, KPMG and Accenture, in addition to easy access to the Orlando Convention Center. This 100% non-smoking Lake Buena Vista hotel is also situated in the heart of local events like the Disney® Marathon, the Epcot® Food & Wine Festival and the Epcot® Flower & Garden Festival. While you're here, don't forget to visit the ESPN® Wide World of Sports Complex, Downtown Disney® West Side, Downtown Disney® Market Place and Pleasure Island. Just minutes from the BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, guests will find themselves in the heart of the area's best attractions, including Animal Kingdom®, SeaWorld® Orlando, the Orlando Orange County Convention Center, Discovery Cove Orlando, Universal Studios®, Legoland® Florida and Busch Gardens®.For the ultimate family-friendly Downtown Disney® hotel experience, book a stay today and save with the BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Budget Places, Otel, Hotwire, Venere, Best Western, EasyToBook, Olotels, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.