“Good Hotel, But not 5 Star!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2000 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #163 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Savannah, Georgia
“Good Hotel, But not 5 Star!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our stay was 12-18 to 12-22-2012.. Took my family here for a Christmas Vacation. Good Hotel, excellent Location (10 minute walk from Downtown Disney) Awesome View. Fabulous Rate ($99 per night thru AAA) Clean upkept and very modern rooms. Very Friendly and Helpful Staff. Nothing bad to say about this hotel, however there are a few issues I had that I feel are worth mentioning. Issue #1: There are only 4 very old and very slow elevators to serve all 14 crowded floors. Further, there no service elevators for housekeeping staff or their enormous housekeeping carts.This means you will have a 5 to 20 wait before you find an elevator uncrowded enough for you to squeeze into when you get ready leave the hotel. Issue#2: Overly crowded Complimentary Shuttle to the theme parks... If you think you had a long crowded experience on the hotel's elevators, Just wait. You ain't seen nothin' yet.. The complimentary shuttle serves not only the Best Western, but also the Wyndam and the Buena Vista Palace. They advertise a shuttle to and from the theme parks every 20 to 30 minutes.... Yeah right?.?....Anyway, when a bus does finally arrive be prepared to stand up on it for 30 minutes minimum in route to your destination. I'm not sure of how many Safety regulations they are violating but before the bus moves they fill all the bus seats and cram the aisle of the bus from front to back. Issue #3: Standing in long lines waiting on an elevator gives you the opportunity to talk to other guests. Several other guests spoke of no heat and being cold. I guess in Florida this isn't a big issue however, when we arrived on 12-19 and the next day 12-20 the high was 77 degrees. On our final day 12-21 a cold front moved in and the temperature dropped to 37. I guess you can say a heated hotel room is important...Even in Florida...

Room Tip: Pick a room on a higher floor with a view of Downtown Disney and the Theme Parks
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

1,467 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during a pass through to southern Florida the weekend before Thanksgiving. We stayed two nights on Saturday and Sunday. The location is walking distance to Downtown Disney. The parking was adequate though we had to valet Saturday because there were no open spots in the lot. The staff member who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. She presented us with out pass keys and a coupon for a free gift (I will get to that).

the room was clean, large and had a great view of the lake, Downtown Disney and Epcot off in the distance. We didn't stay much in the room. the only issue we had was that the heater was very loud (it was chilly on this weekend at night).

The WiFi was good. No issues there. We didn't try any restaurants since we always try new restaurants at Disney when we come down.

The Free gift it turns out is a timeshare-trap. We went to the nice girl at the front desk who pointed us to another desk with another nice girl who proceeded to wow us with all kinds of discounts. She offered a free breakfast, discount Disney tickets and two free nights at Wyndham. The catch, of course, was that we had to go offsite to another location. Your typical timeshare-trap. Since we were only going be there one full day we declined all the discounts and went on our merry way. I just wished the bait and switch was advertised so I wouldn't have wasted the nice young girls time with her hard sell.

Aside from that the hotel was a great Disney resort alternative. Its approximation to Downtown Disney made it easy for us to bus over to our favorite Disney resorts for meals and made shopping great.

We will definitely stay here again for short trips to Disney. We will just by-pass the free gift vacation club.

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing the lake. It is a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

It was a nice week, breakfast could be better.
I think that if it s for Disney , it s perfect...
Bath has to be changed quickly.
And to be honest for the same price I have seen much better in quality (the room was quite dirty).
But if I had to come to Disney world another time I think we will come to this hotel again...just to take them another chance

• Stayed June 2012
RevDirector, Manager at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello KrimoTi,
Thank you for your review. Feed back from our guests is very important to us and your review will be shared with our team. Guest room cleanliness is a top priority but it seems we fell short of our expectations during your visit. If you return to the area and give us another chance, I am certain you will have a much better experience.
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Decent place, a little old and needs some updating but as long as you can get the king suite,we have free upgrades as a Gold BW member (corner room) it's big and view of Epcot fireworks every night was great. I wish it had a free breakfast but it did have free internet and parking. It seems like you give up something staying in this area. We never drove to the parks but took the shuttle, that saved $15 a day so that was breakfast. We really appreciated the shuttle service. I think we'd stay there again unless a better price came up someplace else in the area.

Room Tip: If you want to guarantee a corner room, they said you should make reservations directly with the hot...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hello Betty58503,
Thank you for being a Best Western Rewards Gold Member and for choosing our hotel when you visited the Orlando area. We agree that our corner king rooms overlooking Disney are very spacious and offer spectacular views of the nightly Epcot Center fireworks. Our continuous transportation to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks is second to none and it is great to hear that you took advantage of it during your visit. We hope to see you back again really soon!!
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I got a Groupon deal for this hotel. For me the location was perfect. It was a 5 minute walk to downtown Disney, where I could also pick up the bus to the parks. As I was doing both, I was very happy with the location.

The hotel was showing a little age, but overall was in decent condition. For the Groupon price, it was a heck of a deal. The rooms were huge and the views were great. The age showed in the rooms with the older looking comforter and curtains. It wasn't to the point of being dirty though. The only cleanliness issue was the bathroom. A vent above the shower had mold/dust all over it and the ceiling appeared to have been repaired as it was showing gaps and a lot of rust which had been half painted over. The sink and shower also had an issue where the water constantly changed from hot to cold on their own. That can be anywhere from uncomfiortable to painfull. In the end, I was maybe 85% satisfied with the room itself. For the price I paid I can't complain.

I did use the fitness room which looked (and smelled) like it was new. I don't know if it was or not. It's small but I had no issue getting the machine I wanted when I was there. The room was very clean and organized. I did not make use of the dining venue at the hotel.

Due to location, I would stay here again but would probably want a different room. If I got a Groupon deal as before, I'd take whatever room I could get. I have no major complaints about my stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Hello lancerevo13,
Thank you for your review and for your support of our hotel. I have to agree with you that our hotels location is very convenient and that our hotel offers a great value for the money. We are always making improvements to the property and will be replacing the comforters and drapes in all of our rooms in 2013. I will share your review with our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams as it seems we had some room for improvement in both areas during your stay. Please keep us in mind for future visits to the Orlando area.
Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my first stay at the BWLBV of many stays in the WDW property area. Check in was a breeze even though I arrived at midnight. Parking was hassle free, no key cards or gates to navigate.
I did not use any of the hotel's amenities or dining/lounge options.
The room was just off the elevator, but surprisingly quiet. It was not cramped, the beds were comfortable and it was very clean. No frills here such as a room safe, extra toiletries (aside from soap and shampoo) and no refrigerator or hair dryer. Had this been a longer stay than just a weekend, I would have been put out without a refrigerator.
This is a very nice option for someone traveling alone or perhaps a young couple that want to stay "near the magic" on a budget. It is conveniently located to Downtown Disney, and within walking distance to "off property" dining options. The staff were warm and welcoming, as was the decor being new and fresh.
The television line up was limited, and not all channels were clear. Had a brief problem with internet access which was quickly corrected with a call to their IT department. Door lock systems were changed out while I was out of the room one day and no notice was given so I was a little confused until I found a note attached to a door down the hall explaining to pick up new magnetic keys at the front desk.
Two small convenience stores in the lobby, one with Disney branded items, the other with general sundries, liquor, luggage, tourist junk and a mish mash of everything else they could cram into the small space. It was obviously independently owned as it looked attached like a scab to the rest of the property. I didn't go in, but looked and smelled rather shabby. There is a Target and Walmart minutes up the street for supplies!

Room Tip: I booked through Allegiant Air Vacations and my room was on the 5th floor facing the parking lot. I...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RevDirector, Owner at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello hurster97,
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Lake Buena Vista and for your review. We are proud to be one of the only hotels in the Downtown Disney area that doesn't charge for parking or have any parking gates to navigate through. We're glad that you enjoyed this convenience as well as the comfort of your guest room as this is very important to us. As you mentioned, we have just recently upgraded all of our electronic door locks on our guest rooms. These new locks are state of the art and will provide additonal safety and security for our guests in the coming years. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

good location close to Downtown Disney. clean rooms, nice view, friendly staff. Jessica went above and beyond to help me fix a mistake I made when making my reservations. decent complimentary breakfast with a nice upgrade option. only complaint would be that the air conditioning was a little noisy.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!