“Great when it's for Disney...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2000 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #159 of 328 hotels in Orlando
“Great when it's for Disney...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

It was a nice week, breakfast could be better.
I think that if it s for Disney , it s perfect...
Bath has to be changed quickly.
And to be honest for the same price I have seen much better in quality (the room was quite dirty).
But if I had to come to Disney world another time I think we will come to this hotel again...just to take them another chance

• Stayed June 2012
RevDirector, Manager at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello KrimoTi,
Thank you for your review. Feed back from our guests is very important to us and your review will be shared with our team. Guest room cleanliness is a top priority but it seems we fell short of our expectations during your visit. If you return to the area and give us another chance, I am certain you will have a much better experience.

1,490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Decent place, a little old and needs some updating but as long as you can get the king suite,we have free upgrades as a Gold BW member (corner room) it's big and view of Epcot fireworks every night was great. I wish it had a free breakfast but it did have free internet and parking. It seems like you give up something staying in this area. We never drove to the parks but took the shuttle, that saved $15 a day so that was breakfast. We really appreciated the shuttle service. I think we'd stay there again unless a better price came up someplace else in the area.

Room Tip: If you want to guarantee a corner room, they said you should make reservations directly with the hot...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hello Betty58503,
Thank you for being a Best Western Rewards Gold Member and for choosing our hotel when you visited the Orlando area. We agree that our corner king rooms overlooking Disney are very spacious and offer spectacular views of the nightly Epcot Center fireworks. Our continuous transportation to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks is second to none and it is great to hear that you took advantage of it during your visit. We hope to see you back again really soon!!
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I got a Groupon deal for this hotel. For me the location was perfect. It was a 5 minute walk to downtown Disney, where I could also pick up the bus to the parks. As I was doing both, I was very happy with the location.

The hotel was showing a little age, but overall was in decent condition. For the Groupon price, it was a heck of a deal. The rooms were huge and the views were great. The age showed in the rooms with the older looking comforter and curtains. It wasn't to the point of being dirty though. The only cleanliness issue was the bathroom. A vent above the shower had mold/dust all over it and the ceiling appeared to have been repaired as it was showing gaps and a lot of rust which had been half painted over. The sink and shower also had an issue where the water constantly changed from hot to cold on their own. That can be anywhere from uncomfiortable to painfull. In the end, I was maybe 85% satisfied with the room itself. For the price I paid I can't complain.

I did use the fitness room which looked (and smelled) like it was new. I don't know if it was or not. It's small but I had no issue getting the machine I wanted when I was there. The room was very clean and organized. I did not make use of the dining venue at the hotel.

Due to location, I would stay here again but would probably want a different room. If I got a Groupon deal as before, I'd take whatever room I could get. I have no major complaints about my stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Hello lancerevo13,
Thank you for your review and for your support of our hotel. I have to agree with you that our hotels location is very convenient and that our hotel offers a great value for the money. We are always making improvements to the property and will be replacing the comforters and drapes in all of our rooms in 2013. I will share your review with our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams as it seems we had some room for improvement in both areas during your stay. Please keep us in mind for future visits to the Orlando area.
Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my first stay at the BWLBV of many stays in the WDW property area. Check in was a breeze even though I arrived at midnight. Parking was hassle free, no key cards or gates to navigate.
I did not use any of the hotel's amenities or dining/lounge options.
The room was just off the elevator, but surprisingly quiet. It was not cramped, the beds were comfortable and it was very clean. No frills here such as a room safe, extra toiletries (aside from soap and shampoo) and no refrigerator or hair dryer. Had this been a longer stay than just a weekend, I would have been put out without a refrigerator.
This is a very nice option for someone traveling alone or perhaps a young couple that want to stay "near the magic" on a budget. It is conveniently located to Downtown Disney, and within walking distance to "off property" dining options. The staff were warm and welcoming, as was the decor being new and fresh.
The television line up was limited, and not all channels were clear. Had a brief problem with internet access which was quickly corrected with a call to their IT department. Door lock systems were changed out while I was out of the room one day and no notice was given so I was a little confused until I found a note attached to a door down the hall explaining to pick up new magnetic keys at the front desk.
Two small convenience stores in the lobby, one with Disney branded items, the other with general sundries, liquor, luggage, tourist junk and a mish mash of everything else they could cram into the small space. It was obviously independently owned as it looked attached like a scab to the rest of the property. I didn't go in, but looked and smelled rather shabby. There is a Target and Walmart minutes up the street for supplies!

Room Tip: I booked through Allegiant Air Vacations and my room was on the 5th floor facing the parking lot. I...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RevDirector, Owner at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello hurster97,
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Lake Buena Vista and for your review. We are proud to be one of the only hotels in the Downtown Disney area that doesn't charge for parking or have any parking gates to navigate through. We're glad that you enjoyed this convenience as well as the comfort of your guest room as this is very important to us. As you mentioned, we have just recently upgraded all of our electronic door locks on our guest rooms. These new locks are state of the art and will provide additonal safety and security for our guests in the coming years. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

good location close to Downtown Disney. clean rooms, nice view, friendly staff. Jessica went above and beyond to help me fix a mistake I made when making my reservations. decent complimentary breakfast with a nice upgrade option. only complaint would be that the air conditioning was a little noisy.

• Stayed December 2012
Plymouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Best Western LBV is one of several hotels located on hotel blvd near Downtown Disney. It is a 10 minute walk away from the entrance of the Marketplace at Downtown Disney. On the other end of the blvd minutes away, you will find Crossroads shopping plaza. It has many shops and restaurants that may attract the ones who are looking for a break from Disney prices.
Although we didn’t drive down, self parking is complimentary or 8-10 dollars a night for valet. The parking lot seemed very secure and well lit.
The lobby is very comfortable and inviting. It was very welcoming when we walked through the doors after a long day at the parks. There you will find a Disney concierge, a Disney store, a convenience store and of course, the front desk.
There are many great choices for a bite to eat or a place for refreshments at the hotel. The Parakeet Café was great for grabbing a coffee for the early trips to the park. The café also had pre-made breakfast sandwiches that were fine for something quick. Trader’s Island Grill is the hotel’s full-service restaurant. We ate here twice for the breakfast buffet. The food was fine, but inexpensive. Omelet station is a nice feature. Flamingo Cove Lounge was something we utilized more frequently due to its late hours. We were able to come home late and sit and grab a pizza and some beverages before calling it a night. We also took it up the room once to enjoy it there. We did not use room service, but the prices did not seem bad at all for the extra charge. The convenience store in the lobby is another choice to grabs drinks and snacks as well as any other necessities you may not have packed or find that you need. There are vending machines on each of the floors as well as ice machines.
If you have checked the website of the hotel, you know most of the amenities the hotel has to offer. They aren’t the strong points of the hotel but they are there. The pool is a pool. They don’t have a Jacuzzi which even in Florida should be available. It was pretty chilly during the time we were there so we didn’t swim. One of the best things the hotel offers is the ability to do laundry any time you need to and you don’t have to travel far to do it. There are coin operated machines on several of the floors. I believe it was about 6.00 to wash and dry one load. There is not a change machine so be sure to get some from the convenience store beforehand. They do have detergent available next to the machines in case you don’t have any. I like buying the travel size tide detergent pouches if I plan to do laundry while on vacation. The hotel does have more to offer but those were the ones important to mention.
We booked the standard “Deluxe” room which was not a Disney view. We did have a decent view of looking down Hotel Boulevard. The room had two very comfortable queen beds. The room was very spacious and is laid out very well. The bathroom was good size and the shower-tub was fine. I have included photo of the bathroom. There was very little noise except when someone slammed their door. Actually, it was hard not to let it slam because it is so heavy. The air-conditioning in the room works great and provides enough noise to help us fall asleep at night. The balcony was a huge selling point for us. It was very nice to sit with a cup of coffee before heading out for the day. The TV did not have many channels, but its okay, since we were on vacation. Housekeeping did a great job and we never had an issue with poor linens or sketchy blankets or anything of the sort. I have included a photo of the room, the balcony and the view.
From the front desk, the servers in the restaurant, to the housekeepers, to the valet, to maintenance, everyone was great. They welcomed us with a smile and always asked how our day was going. It’s nice to see people who enjoy their job, or at least do a very good job at acting like they do. I have nothing bad to say about the staff at the Best Western.
I know how important it is to learn as much as you can about all the details to help plan your trip to Disney. Here are some that will help you make the best of your Disney vacation if you decide to choose the Best Western.
• The hotel has a daily resort fee that was close to $12 dollars a night. The website says $9.99/night so be sure to call ahead and ask what they are currently charging to help you with the planning of your vacation budget.
• Like all Downtown Disney hotels, they include a coupon book with the room. Be sure to check it out and utilize it. There are some great deals in there.
• The Disney Park Bus Schedule
o Best Western is on the Bus B route. There are only 2 other hotels that use the same bus so works out very nice when you stay at the Best Western. First to get picked up and first to get dropped off. The buses start an hour before park opening and buses go to two parks. So make sure you read the display to see where it is going.
o Bus travel times give or take a few minutes:
 Epcot- 15 min
 Hollywood Studios- 20-30
 The Transportation and Ticket Center- 20 minutes
 Animal Kingdom-20-30 minutes.
 The Downtown Disney bus runs every day after 6pm until 3 AM I believe. IM not sure how long it takes but there is only one bus for all the downtown Disney hotels.
 It only takes 10 minutes to walk from the Best Western to Downtown Disney.
• Feel free to ask me any questions about anything I mentioned above or anything else you may want to know.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Courtice ONTARIO CANADA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We arrived late and also agree that this hotel is not well lit. Lobby is nice, but rooms are in need of repair. Ceilings were stained, the air conditioning was very loud. Hot hot showers, hard to regulate.The best asset of this hotel is the location- within walking distance to Disney Downtown, which is a great surprise on foot or buy car. Breakfast is not worth the coupon they present you. We also agree that guest services should not trying to disguise a time share on you by offering you money to "attend" a resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the ice machine and noise. We were on the 17th floor and our air condit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!