Best Western LBV is one of several hotels located on hotel blvd near Downtown Disney. It is a 10 minute walk away from the entrance of the Marketplace at Downtown Disney. On the other end of the blvd minutes away, you will find Crossroads shopping plaza. It has many shops and restaurants that may attract the ones who are looking for a break from Disney prices.
Although we didn’t drive down, self parking is complimentary or 8-10 dollars a night for valet. The parking lot seemed very secure and well lit.
The lobby is very comfortable and inviting. It was very welcoming when we walked through the doors after a long day at the parks. There you will find a Disney concierge, a Disney store, a convenience store and of course, the front desk.
There are many great choices for a bite to eat or a place for refreshments at the hotel. The Parakeet Café was great for grabbing a coffee for the early trips to the park. The café also had pre-made breakfast sandwiches that were fine for something quick. Trader’s Island Grill is the hotel’s full-service restaurant. We ate here twice for the breakfast buffet. The food was fine, but inexpensive. Omelet station is a nice feature. Flamingo Cove Lounge was something we utilized more frequently due to its late hours. We were able to come home late and sit and grab a pizza and some beverages before calling it a night. We also took it up the room once to enjoy it there. We did not use room service, but the prices did not seem bad at all for the extra charge. The convenience store in the lobby is another choice to grabs drinks and snacks as well as any other necessities you may not have packed or find that you need. There are vending machines on each of the floors as well as ice machines.
If you have checked the website of the hotel, you know most of the amenities the hotel has to offer. They aren’t the strong points of the hotel but they are there. The pool is a pool. They don’t have a Jacuzzi which even in Florida should be available. It was pretty chilly during the time we were there so we didn’t swim. One of the best things the hotel offers is the ability to do laundry any time you need to and you don’t have to travel far to do it. There are coin operated machines on several of the floors. I believe it was about 6.00 to wash and dry one load. There is not a change machine so be sure to get some from the convenience store beforehand. They do have detergent available next to the machines in case you don’t have any. I like buying the travel size tide detergent pouches if I plan to do laundry while on vacation. The hotel does have more to offer but those were the ones important to mention.
We booked the standard “Deluxe” room which was not a Disney view. We did have a decent view of looking down Hotel Boulevard. The room had two very comfortable queen beds. The room was very spacious and is laid out very well. The bathroom was good size and the shower-tub was fine. I have included photo of the bathroom. There was very little noise except when someone slammed their door. Actually, it was hard not to let it slam because it is so heavy. The air-conditioning in the room works great and provides enough noise to help us fall asleep at night. The balcony was a huge selling point for us. It was very nice to sit with a cup of coffee before heading out for the day. The TV did not have many channels, but its okay, since we were on vacation. Housekeeping did a great job and we never had an issue with poor linens or sketchy blankets or anything of the sort. I have included a photo of the room, the balcony and the view.
From the front desk, the servers in the restaurant, to the housekeepers, to the valet, to maintenance, everyone was great. They welcomed us with a smile and always asked how our day was going. It’s nice to see people who enjoy their job, or at least do a very good job at acting like they do. I have nothing bad to say about the staff at the Best Western.
I know how important it is to learn as much as you can about all the details to help plan your trip to Disney. Here are some that will help you make the best of your Disney vacation if you decide to choose the Best Western.
• The hotel has a daily resort fee that was close to $12 dollars a night. The website says $9.99/night so be sure to call ahead and ask what they are currently charging to help you with the planning of your vacation budget.
• Like all Downtown Disney hotels, they include a coupon book with the room. Be sure to check it out and utilize it. There are some great deals in there.
• The Disney Park Bus Schedule
o Best Western is on the Bus B route. There are only 2 other hotels that use the same bus so works out very nice when you stay at the Best Western. First to get picked up and first to get dropped off. The buses start an hour before park opening and buses go to two parks. So make sure you read the display to see where it is going.
o Bus travel times give or take a few minutes:
Epcot- 15 min
Hollywood Studios- 20-30
The Transportation and Ticket Center- 20 minutes
Animal Kingdom-20-30 minutes.
The Downtown Disney bus runs every day after 6pm until 3 AM I believe. IM not sure how long it takes but there is only one bus for all the downtown Disney hotels.
It only takes 10 minutes to walk from the Best Western to Downtown Disney.
• Feel free to ask me any questions about anything I mentioned above or anything else you may want to know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Downtown Disney®, this Lake Buena Vista hotel is the ideal place to stay for an affordable Disneyworld® vacation. Our hotel near Disneyworld® offers guaranteed admission and continuous complimentary shuttle transportation to all four Walt Disneyworld® theme parks!After a day of non-stop fun and excitement, guests can retire to one of 325 generously-appointed guest rooms each featuring furnished private balconies. Additional business and leisure amenities in each room include 37-inch LG LCD flat panel TV's with cable access, an alarm clock radio with iPod compatibility and complimentary wireless Internet access. Our Lake Buena Vista Resort offers fun for the whole family with an outdoor heated swimming pool, a video game room, fitness center, a cocktail lounge with pool side seating and an on-site restaurant. Business guests staying at the BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel will also appreciate our hotel's business services, meeting facilities and close proximity to local corporations, including Johnson & Johnson, IBM, KPMG and Accenture, in addition to easy access to the Orlando Convention Center. This 100% non-smoking Lake Buena Vista hotel is also situated in the heart of local events like the Disney® Marathon, the Epcot® Food & Wine Festival and the Epcot® Flower & Garden Festival. While you're here, don't forget to visit the ESPN® Wide World of Sports Complex, Downtown Disney® West Side, Downtown Disney® Market Place and Pleasure Island. Just minutes from the BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, guests will find themselves in the heart of the area's best attractions, including Animal Kingdom®, SeaWorld® Orlando, the Orlando Orange County Convention Center, Discovery Cove Orlando, Universal Studios®, Legoland® Florida and Busch Gardens®.For the ultimate family-friendly Downtown Disney® hotel experience, book a stay today and save with the BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Best Western Orlando
- Orlando Best Western