I have mixed reviews about this hotel. It definitely has its good and bad sides. Don't forget to read my biggest issues with this hotel at the end of my review.
The room rates are very reasonable which is why we chose this hotel among many others in the area. Also, the location of this hotel is probably the best compared to the other hotels as well. Only a 8 minute walk to Downtown Disney and 4 minute walk to Crossroads shopping center. With the Crossroads shopping center being so close, we were able to save a lot of money on cabs and food because we didn't have to eat the expensive hotel food. The Crossroads shopping center has a grocery store and numerous restaurant choices ranging from fast food to fancy sit downs.
As you walk into the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort it seems really nice. The lobby is new and clean and the customer service is really helpful. Ken, who is the manager, checked me in and he was really great. While I was walking to my room I notice the halls looked newly renovated as well. But, once I open the door to my room my hopes were shot down. It seems as if the hotel is making strides to renovated the building but I guess the rooms are last on the list.
The rooms are as plane as can be. Barely a hint of any kind of decor can be found in the room. I cant complain too much though, because the room was clean and very large.
The only major issues I had with my room was the poor paint job and the inconsistent water temperature in the shower. Oh, and a $10 per day charge if you want a refrigerator sent to your room.
** MAJOR ISSUES I ENCOUNTERED: I was amazed that a hotel could have the word "resort" in their name and not have a jacuzzi. Also, the hotel makes you pay a resort fee of $10 per day. For what? The Gym is miniature with poor ventilation, no jacuzzi, no refrigerator, no safe, and they want me to pay a $10 resort fee on top of it? I personally feel that if you are allowed to put the word "resort" in your name, you need to live up to that. In my opinion, this is not a bad place, but it's definitely NOT a resort.
I would recommend this place for people who are on a strict budget. It's actually a good hotel at a very good value. You cant be too picky to enjoy this place though. Those of you who are looking for more class and relaxation should look elsewhere. I would stay here again but not my first choice. I told you I had mixed reviews.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Hotel
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista
- Best Western Orlando
- Orlando Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Downtown Disney®, this Lake Buena Vista hotel is the ideal place to stay for an affordable Disneyworld® vacation. Our hotel near Disneyworld® offers guaranteed admission and continuous complimentary shuttle transportation to all four Walt Disneyworld® theme parks!After a day of non-stop fun and excitement, guests can retire to one of 325 generously-appointed guest rooms each featuring furnished private balconies. Additional business and leisure amenities in each room include 37-inch LG LCD flat panel TV's with cable access, an alarm clock radio with iPod compatibility and complimentary wireless Internet access. Our Lake Buena Vista Resort offers fun for the whole family with an outdoor heated swimming pool, a video game room, fitness center, a cocktail lounge with pool side seating and an on-site restaurant. Business guests staying at the BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel will also appreciate our hotel's business services, meeting facilities and close proximity to local corporations, including Johnson & Johnson, IBM, KPMG and Accenture, in addition to easy access to the Orlando Convention Center. This 100% non-smoking Lake Buena Vista hotel is also situated in the heart of local events like the Disney® Marathon, the Epcot® Food & Wine Festival and the Epcot® Flower & Garden Festival. While you're here, don't forget to visit the ESPN® Wide World of Sports Complex, Downtown Disney® West Side, Downtown Disney® Market Place and Pleasure Island. Just minutes from the BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, guests will find themselves in the heart of the area's best attractions, including Animal Kingdom®, SeaWorld® Orlando, the Orlando Orange County Convention Center, Discovery Cove Orlando, Universal Studios®, Legoland® Florida and Busch Gardens®.For the ultimate family-friendly Downtown Disney® hotel experience, book a stay today and save with the BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Best Western, HostelBookers, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.