“Second time a charm??” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2000 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #165 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Davie, Florida
“Second time a charm??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is the second time we stayed at this Hotel (4 nights) and I must say this is much better than the first time.

If you watch the commercials of Best Westerns the room/beds they advertise is not true for this particular hotel. (Best Western Lake Buena Vista). They have no flat screen TVs or desks in their rooms which I found that very odd since the commercial is one of the reason why we decided again to stay at this Best Western.

They positive is the mattress they have which are a plush queen size. The downsize is if you book a room with a screen door the door needs to be oiled so it can open. The Hotel overlooks the basic maintenance on their rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
RevDirector, Manager at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We are pleased to announce that we are currently installing 37" Flat Panel LCD TV's in all of our guest rooms. This project should be completed by the end of May. Since all Best Western hotels are independently owned and operated, the guest room amenities vary by property. We do offer desks in our king and preferred deluxe rooms, but our standard rooms have an activity table with two chairs instead of a work desk. We have an extensive preventive maintenance plan in place at the hotel, but we apologize for the problem that you had with your balcony door. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

1,445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
fairfield nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed at the Best Western with my family on a trip to Disney. The hotel is located close to the parks. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. I do have to agree with some other reviews that the hotel does need some updating. We didn't use the pool or the restaurant but they looked very nice. They also have a nice lounge. Staff was friendly and helpful. The maid service was excellent.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

After my 5 nights stay at the Holiday Inn Buena Vista that is across the road from this hotel, the experience was not entirely satisfying.

Check-in formalities were not smooth.

Room was fairly clean and decent.

B'fast service at the restaurant was fairly good with good & friendly service from the staff there.

Overall experience - ok.

And for all that overall experience the tariff was a tad higher than what it should have been. At a relative scale, i got better experience at the Holiday Inn Buena Vista that is located just across the road from this property.

Would i want to go back there - not really.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Tampa, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Beware... Not like it is shown in the pictures. Rooms smell old and like cigarrettes. This hotel needs to be closed and renovated from scratch.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I recently stayed here for two nights with my parents to visit Disney World. We were looking for a last minute (booked about two weeks before) deal and this is what we got. We were primarily looking for a place to just sleep in and not really looking for any other things to do. What we found was an average hotel, just what we paid for.
Here are the positives:
-True Queen sized beds and very comfortable! They also included four comfortable pillows. Everyone in my party slept well because of the comfortable beds!
-We had a room with an outside counter which was good for all of our “stuff” as well as a full sink in the bathroom.
-Coffee maker
-Decent bar area. We did go down here one night after a long day in the parks for a drink or two and met some wonderful fellow travelers
-They have a free computer to print bordering passes
Negatives:
-Resort Fees: They say it was for the “Free” Disney transportation that we did not use and the free newspaper that you had to go to the lobby to get…a rip off as is all resort fees IMO.
-Business Center was not free! While the prices were reasonable $.25 a minute, in this day and age, this service should be free.
-While it had a pool, it was a little worn around the edges. The provided pool towels were the thinnest towels I’ve seen at a resort and you needed three (they were tiny) to cover the pool chairs. I didn’t go swimming b/c ½ hour after being outside, we got those famous Florida thunderstorms.
-Check-In: While the front desk was friendly, we waited a good twenty plus minutes to check in. Also, I had left my phone charger at my parents and they did not have any available. I know that most hotels now-a-days do have some for travelers to use.
- Wear and Tear: things were a little worn, cracked tiles in shower, stained rugs and curtains. It could use a good overhaul.
- No refrigerator. Luckily, we did not travel from far and had coolers but this would be nice to have. Also, they need to update their televisions.
- We could hear the elevator from our room (on the 18th floor around corner from elevator) and also some street noise (I-4 is across the street) I suggest you bring ear plugs! (Glad I had some!)
-Maid came to clean our room at 3:30, right after we had returned from our day in a park. We just took clean towels and sent her on her way.

I cannot comment on the restaurant or the quick serve Pizza Hut on premise (which seemed to be open only at night) because I did not use them. Nor did I use the shuttle service provided to Disney but that is nice for people who would put it to use. The resort is also in walking distance to Downtown Disney which is a plus. I typically do not stay in “budget” hotels but my mom had booked this. It worked for what we needed so if you are traveling to Disney and don’t want to spend a fortune on a hotel room, this is a viable option.

Land O Lakes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was the best hotel I ever stayed at while visiting Disney World. Check-in and check-out was fast and painless. The hotel was immaculate and the room was very comfortable. The view from the 17th floor was unbelievable. The pool area was great and the lounge area as well. The food was great too. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The hotel was so close to Disney World and Universal Studios as well as other locations. I would definitely stay there again. Again, great hotel and I was completely satisfied with my decision in booking there.

D. Fedele

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view ask for 14th floor or higher facing the view towards disney.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
St Augustine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was my first time at the best western I got a great deal online and couldn't resist even though some of the reviews were not so good. I can see where people think the property is dated but for the price we paid this was something we could deal with. Staff was friendly room was ok nothing over the top but nice. ate breakfast in the restuarnt which was good not to bad somethin like 10 dollars a person for all you can eat buffet. pool was cold but when we told the front desk they had the heat turned on so it was nice the 2nd day. Transportation was so convienant every 30 min right out in front no driving and dealing with traffic. Also very close (walking distance) to downtown disney. would say 2 thumbs up from myself and my children.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!