“Want to rate this 4 stars: Great Value, Brutal Smoke Smell” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #128 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Want to rate this 4 stars: Great Value, Brutal Smoke Smell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

For the cost this hotel was nicer than I expected. The bed was really comfortable and the pool area very well landscaped. All the people who worked there, especially the shuttle guys were great. However, we found some hairs in the bathroom (eeewww) and although the room was non-smoking it had a brutal stale cigarette smoke smell. For a quick one night after a late arrival flight and before heading to Orlando, this hotel met our needs...just wish the room had a deep clean!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Warren, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

This Holiday Inn is very old. The property has obviously had some updates through the years but definately hasn't kept up with the times. It is by no means a dump but is definately a throwback to the Holiday Inn properties you remember back in the 1990's.

Check is was fast and friendly. The lobby area is quite large with the bar / restaurant in the center of it. The area is a bit dark and dated but was clean. The elevators interiors have been updated but their age shows in the jerky motions and general slowness they provide. The hallways were clean but had older carpeting and wallpaper.

The room was also very average. The bed was comfortable with decent bedding. The carpet and furniture were quite old and beaten up but again, clean. The TV was also something of a relic as well although it did work well and a wide assortment of cable stations were provided. The bathroom was in rough shape. There were rust spots on the bottom of the tub. The tile was ancient with old drill holes patched very shabbily and a handicap grab bar that was loose to the touch.

The "high-speed" internet at this property was anything but high speed. It worked at a barely acceptable speed (still slow) during the day but as the night progressed it continued to get slower and slower until it was taking 5 to 10 minutes to load a simple webpage. The connection to the router remained at five bars the entire time so the problem wasn't a weak signal but a lack of bandwith. This is unacceptable at ANY hotel of ANY star level.

The pool and spa area was also a mixed bag. The pool was large and clean with a huge sitting area around the outside of it. The lounge chairs provided were in good repair. There were also plenty of pool towels available. The hottub / spa was very hot but the jets didn't work very well and at night the area around the spa was lit up like an operating room with harsh flourescent bulbs that made it less than enjoyable.

Like i mentioned above this place isn't a dump. But if you go in expecting the comfort / travel experience you'd get at a newer style Holiday Inn you, like me, will more than likely be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Newfoundland, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We booked through Hotwire, the hotel was ok, rooms were clean, the bathroom ceiling needed some repair. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. It was in a great location being a 2-3 minute drive from the airport. The pool was very clean, the tennis and basketball court was nice as well. Check in and out was quick and efficient. The AC was a little to loud and being on the first floor we heard traffic noise. I would stay again for a one night stay mainly because it was clean and close tot the airport.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

I stayed 1 night at the Holiday Inn Select near the Orlando Airport. The hotel and room were very nice. The people at the front desk were very friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. I had breakfast and lunch at the restaurant, which was also good. The pool area is very nice - larger than most hotels in this category, plenty of seating, nice landscaping. It's a very nice property. I didn't feel like I was near the airport at all. The only problem I had was contacting the hotel for the shuttle - the Holiday Inn Select is one of the only airport hotels not on the kiosk phone at the airport. Other than that, everything was great. The shuttle drivers to and from the airport were excellent - both very nice and friendly.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn near Orlando airport. I was only there for one night, as I was going on a cruise the next day. The hotel was clean, service was excellent and the location is close to airport, Also within walking distance are several restaurants ranging from fast food to fine dining. However I do not think I would want to spend any more time there as it is far away from all the florida attractions, but for one night it was great.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

I was transiting through MCO on Jan. 26th so I had to stay near the airport since I had a flight out at 6:30am the next morning, so I was only there for less than 8 hours.

First of all, the shuttle driver who picked me up was so friendly! He was there about 10 minutes after I called from baggage claim. Check-in was easy and quick. I was given a breakfast voucher for being a Priority Club Platinum member and was upgraded to the executive floor. Too bad my flight was too early so I couldn't use my breakfast voucher. The room was very clean and tastefully decorated. It was pretty updated, better than many Holiday Inns, and HI Selects. I was starving, and it was past 10pm...luckily the bar served food until 11pm. The lady at the bar, I think her name was Lena, was super friendly! The food was good, the service was great.

I slept for a few hours, and got up for the shuttle to the airport. The shuttle was reliable and on-time. The shuttle driver in the morning was also wonderful! I received some of the best service at this hotel. I travel 100% so have stayed in many hotels. While I check Tripadvisor frequently, this was the first time I felt compelled to leave a review. Excellent hotel, I will definitely stay there again if I need to be near MCO!

• Liked — Great customer service!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

I went to Orlando again becuase my girl friend had to fly back to Hong Kong yesterday. We ended up staying in this hotel AGAIN just because we had so much fun staying here 2 weeks ago. This time was even better because it was very quiet (off season I guess). Once again, I had no problem staying in this hotel, and had a super time. The front desk lady (I think her name is Angie) was so kind to us. I'll def. book this hotel again in the future. Thanks a lot guys!!! A+++ :)

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HISOIA, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2009
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to being your host for your future visits.

HK Lee
Revenue Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport? Share your experiences!