“Good hotel close to airport” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #127 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, WA
“Good hotel close to airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

I stayed 1 night at the Holiday Inn Select near the Orlando Airport. The hotel and room were very nice. The people at the front desk were very friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. I had breakfast and lunch at the restaurant, which was also good. The pool area is very nice - larger than most hotels in this category, plenty of seating, nice landscaping. It's a very nice property. I didn't feel like I was near the airport at all. The only problem I had was contacting the hotel for the shuttle - the Holiday Inn Select is one of the only airport hotels not on the kiosk phone at the airport. Other than that, everything was great. The shuttle drivers to and from the airport were excellent - both very nice and friendly.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn near Orlando airport. I was only there for one night, as I was going on a cruise the next day. The hotel was clean, service was excellent and the location is close to airport, Also within walking distance are several restaurants ranging from fast food to fine dining. However I do not think I would want to spend any more time there as it is far away from all the florida attractions, but for one night it was great.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

I was transiting through MCO on Jan. 26th so I had to stay near the airport since I had a flight out at 6:30am the next morning, so I was only there for less than 8 hours.

First of all, the shuttle driver who picked me up was so friendly! He was there about 10 minutes after I called from baggage claim. Check-in was easy and quick. I was given a breakfast voucher for being a Priority Club Platinum member and was upgraded to the executive floor. Too bad my flight was too early so I couldn't use my breakfast voucher. The room was very clean and tastefully decorated. It was pretty updated, better than many Holiday Inns, and HI Selects. I was starving, and it was past 10pm...luckily the bar served food until 11pm. The lady at the bar, I think her name was Lena, was super friendly! The food was good, the service was great.

I slept for a few hours, and got up for the shuttle to the airport. The shuttle was reliable and on-time. The shuttle driver in the morning was also wonderful! I received some of the best service at this hotel. I travel 100% so have stayed in many hotels. While I check Tripadvisor frequently, this was the first time I felt compelled to leave a review. Excellent hotel, I will definitely stay there again if I need to be near MCO!

• Liked — Great customer service!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

I went to Orlando again becuase my girl friend had to fly back to Hong Kong yesterday. We ended up staying in this hotel AGAIN just because we had so much fun staying here 2 weeks ago. This time was even better because it was very quiet (off season I guess). Once again, I had no problem staying in this hotel, and had a super time. The front desk lady (I think her name is Angie) was so kind to us. I'll def. book this hotel again in the future. Thanks a lot guys!!! A+++ :)

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HISOIA, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2009
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to being your host for your future visits.

HK Lee
Revenue Manager
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

I booked a room at this hotel Dec. 26 online and got the reservation immediately.

When I arrived at the hotel around 6 pm at Dec. 26 and I was requested a credit card for payment of the room. I drew the attention to the receptionist that I had already paid for the room online and he then assured me that the credit card was only if we made additional purchases during our stay at the hotel.

I got room no 329 and stayed for one night and left in the morning of Dec 27 in the firm believe that everything was all right.

That was until I got the transcript from my Visa credit card.

I could see that they had withdrawn $110.74 which I had expected but then I could see that they also had withdrawn $92.71 for a service that I never asked for and have never received.

• Liked — THE BEDS
  • Disliked — THE CREDIT CARD SCAM
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
HISOIA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2009
The guest's issue was resolved immediately after the holidays. A post was made inadvertantly during third shift and a credit was made back to the guest's credit card. With the credit, several emails were sent to the guest to apologize for the error and the inconvenience it caused.

A response was received from the guest that he had been satisfied with the accomodation and follow-through to his issue.

P. Favier C.H.A.
Adelaide
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2008

Staff were rude. we were directed onto the shuttle bus for the holiday inn express instead. They both leave from the same lane in Orlando airport. Holiday Inn Express were happy for their shuttle driver to take us to the select but it was 1.30am and he'd already left. The Select were not willing to collect us with their shuttle which was still running.
The room was outdated and worthy of 2 stars at best.
The rude and apathetic staff and ugly rooms combined are enough for me to recommend you stay somewhere else.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rude staff who just don't care
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
On behalf of everyone at the hotel, I apologize for your all that you went through during your stay.

While our shuttle driver does leave at 1:30AM, our hotel guarantees a 24 hour shuttle service by reimbursing cab fares. Between the time of 1:30AM and 4:00AM, please let the manager on duty know that you'll be taking a cab to the hotel. The manager will, then, know to expect you and be happy to reimburse the fare.

All third shift staff was also notified of the review so that such behavior is not repeated. I understand that, after such a late arrival, a warm welcome makes a world of difference for our guests.

Please give us a call; a chance to show you that customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Thank you for your review.

HK Lee
Revenue Manager
Charleston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

Located on TG Lee Blvd in Orlando, by the Int'l Airport...

Went to hotel for a work event while working for Intercontinental Hotels Group. Met the staff and management.

While I was only able to stay one night, the hotel was very pleasant, very clean and inviting. The pool and exercise room were nicer than a lot of hotels I have been to, especially since this hotel is mostly for business and not primarily a pleasure hotel....

If I go back to Orlando Intl airport, I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport? Share your experiences!