“Red Roof Inn Orlando South” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8296 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Econo Lodge) (Florida Mall)   |
Ranked #210 of 329 hotels in Orlando
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Red Roof Inn Orlando South”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I travel with my two girls two or three times a year. I often stay in Red Roof. We flew into Orlando and arrived at the Red Roof at 4 AM There were no parkiing spot for the car.The parking lot was so small that you had to back out. You couldn't even turn around.
The beds were made but the sheets of both beds had the million fine wrinkles that meant that they had been used by the previous people. The funishings were close to fleabag level. Amenities were lacking. There was no Kleenex. The toilet paper was of the sandpaper variety and so it went with all the things that the hotel supplied. We were to exhausted at 4 AM to complain ane it was plain that there were no other free rooms in the small hotel
I felt soiled by staying at that hotel.
I notified Red Roof several times and they ignored me.
I have never complained about a hotel before.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MrTimothyMeansRRIFOD, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear guest,

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have spoken to the staff and believe you stayed with us during a city-wide special event hosted downtown. Regardless, I sincerely apologize for the parking challenges and room not being ready. We pride ourselves on clean rooms, good service at a great value.

I hope that you will give us another try in the future. If you want to call me directly next time you are in town I can be reached at 407-240-0570 and ask for

GM, Homer

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Yomitan-son, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm gonna be brutally fair without too much negative bias: the place was a mess - transient population living there and trashed moldy, dirty rooms. Hardwood floors were slightly sticky as were the main light switch. ALL the light shades were stained! The room smelled of mildew and mold was growing behind toilet and parts of the bathtub near the floor. The beds were fine, clean sheets and covers, no mold or mildew smell. The front desk staff, Jon, was attentive but he late staff could not change our room when we decided too late in the evening to switch rooms. The last-straw was a roach sighting on the floor early in the morning. Still slightly traumatized by the whole experience. I think many of these motels along Orange Blossom Trail Rd are filled with people who are struggling to get by. Might be acceptable if you can tolerate this kind of thing for a night before your early flight out of MCO, but for all the good reviews I read on TA.com, this was a horrible experience and a let down since most of the reviews seemed to indicate that this place was acceptable. Avoid rooms towards the rear during summer if you must book here, bullfrogs are as LOUD as car-alarms in pond behind the motel!

• Stayed August 2013
MrTimothyMeansRRIFOD, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are working very hard to improve all areas of the operation. Please know that we have shared your comments with the staff and are making the necessary corrections to improve the guest’s overall experience. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to prove our sincerity.

Homer
Brooksville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed here before it was a Red Roof, and it was OK. Now that it is a R.R. I know I'll be back. The new "Renovated" concept RR has come out with is great.

After reading a few negative (very few) reviews I called the Inn direct. The person I spoke with was Sean. If he is any example of the new attitudes of the staff at this Inn, well, they must be doing something right.

My 2 main questions were "Do you have ADA rooms?" No. and "Are ALL the rooms renovated?" Yes.

Hint: Book thru the Red Roof website...$15 less than price quoted by Sean for mid-Aug., when I'll probably be there.

P.S.-The 5 rating I gave was based solely on my conversation with Sean.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Dale,

RRI “shouts out hello Dale”! Thank you for your kind words. You are correct. We have installed all new flooring, new paint, new bed sets, bedding, improved WIFI & flat screen TV’s. I hope that you will be back soon to checkout our new flat screen TV’s.

See you soon.

Homer
Sarasota County Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this motel while traveling on business as an inexpensive option. The room I stayed in had a comfortable king bed, fridge, microwave, a Jacuzzi tub. The room was huge and right off the small pool they have. If you need an overnight option,,,for the money...this motel is worth it. I wouldn't plan on spending my vacation there as it is NOT luxurious but is clean and convenient. The staff was superb and extremely professional during my check in and out.

Room Tip: Get the upgraded KING room with the Jacuzzi...it is huge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent visit to The Red Roof Inn Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We are happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest. We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I arrived at 1:30am and requested a room close to the front. They were accommodating and extremely helpful. They are under new management and I can tell. They are trying their best to offer great service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you found our staff to be accommodating and extremely helpful; this is what we strive for with each and every guest. We hope to see you next time you are in the Orlando area.
Gainesville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Staff very friendly. I checked in late, was traveling alone, and staff recommended a quiet, safe restaurant I could walk to. Clean and comfortable room with refrigerator, microwave, iron, and ironing board. Hotel does not offer breakfast, but there are many fast food places up and down S. Orange Blossom Tr. WiFi service works well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn for your recent stay in Orlando. We have read your comments about our hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them as our guests satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guest experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed it with my family i need it a lot of things like towels, hair dryer and a iron, front desk was told about it but never bother to give us what we need it, we told them a lot of times about our needs but nothing was done, also we went to the pool and we found some people drinking beer and arguing each other, I was very disappointed about it because I had my wife and my teen daughters with me. Also I notice some people hanging out outside smoking every day like they live there and it looks like section 8 housing.
Never stay here again and never recommended to my family and friends. Thanks

• Stayed June 2013
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction, thank you for sparing your time to respond to Tripadvisor and bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely hope that because of the issues you addressed we will have no further cause for any complaint in our service and hope that future guest will be satisfied with the corrective action taken by us. Your comments will help us serve you and our guest better in the future.
We apologize for the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry.

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall? Share your experiences!