“Not far from airport, clean, inexpensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8296 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Econo Lodge) (Florida Mall)   |
Ranked #189 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Gainesville, FL
“Not far from airport, clean, inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Staff very friendly. I checked in late, was traveling alone, and staff recommended a quiet, safe restaurant I could walk to. Clean and comfortable room with refrigerator, microwave, iron, and ironing board. Hotel does not offer breakfast, but there are many fast food places up and down S. Orange Blossom Tr. WiFi service works well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn for your recent stay in Orlando. We have read your comments about our hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them as our guests satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guest experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon.

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed it with my family i need it a lot of things like towels, hair dryer and a iron, front desk was told about it but never bother to give us what we need it, we told them a lot of times about our needs but nothing was done, also we went to the pool and we found some people drinking beer and arguing each other, I was very disappointed about it because I had my wife and my teen daughters with me. Also I notice some people hanging out outside smoking every day like they live there and it looks like section 8 housing.
Never stay here again and never recommended to my family and friends. Thanks

• Stayed June 2013
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction, thank you for sparing your time to respond to Tripadvisor and bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely hope that because of the issues you addressed we will have no further cause for any complaint in our service and hope that future guest will be satisfied with the corrective action taken by us. Your comments will help us serve you and our guest better in the future.
We apologize for the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry.
Hilliard
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Truly the most disgusting room I've ever stayed in. If we hadn't been exhausted and in need of a cheap room at the last minute, we certainly would have left.

We walked in to find the sheets, towels, bedspreads and bathmat stained and tattered, including cigarette burns. But, they looked and smelled laundered so I assumed that they were just old. In the morning, however, the pillow my 5 year old had been using had flipped over to reveal blood stains. DISGUSTING. I'm in long-term care field and knew that was a dead giveaway for bed bugs. I was still hoping that maybe bed bugs weren't in our room and just a pillow from elsewhere. Wrong.

After writing to the Red Roof corporate, my email was forwarded to the GM Jennifer who replied with confirmation that bed bugs were found in our room adn that they were going to clean the room and lock it up for 6 weeks. That that is by far the minimum response a place can use when guests, maids, maintenance, etc are constantly tracking the buggers in and out of rooms.

After checking reviews here and on Yelp, I saw that others experienced bed bugs there as well. My fault for not checking in advance.

This has to be one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. Thank goodness we haven't had any indication of bed bugs at home.

Room Tip: Try the back away from the pool and the very busy road.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
On behalf of the Red Roof Inn Orlando Fl. Mall, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay on April 2013.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, we have enclosed an invitation in this letter offering a free night with us at this locations.

We are currently under new management, but unfortunately we understand that there may have been problems before our take over.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Good location, situated close to i drive/universal.

First room was damp so moved swiftly.

Shaun behind reception absolutely a credit to the hotel, real gentleman - nothing too much trouble!

Helped two English travellers get around Orlando brilliantly!

• Stayed June 2013
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Orlando. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon.
Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

When I arrived I was greeted with big smiles and courteous service. I was comfortable and at ease with the surrounding area even though I had heard I would be in a bad area. I was reassured that I would be safe. When I entered my room, it was very clean. The wooden floors gave the room a more classier look along with the flat screen TV's. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were clean and crisp. Both of the gentlemen at the front desk, James and Jon were very helpful with places to eat and attractions. Whomever trained them in customer service did a great job. They both deserve recognition for their great customer service and helpful information of the area. This hotel has come a long way from where they used to be. Keep up the great work and improvement on this property.

Room Tip: Room 135 was a great room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your valuable response, I would like to extend our most heartfelt appreciation,It reminded us to give our best in everything we do when it comes to customer service for our guest. We hope that when in Orlando you will make us your home.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed one night but James & Jon were both great. They helped me with a taxi & provided me with great places to eat dinner. If you want good service stay at this hotel. The price was very reasonable. The room had wood floors & also a flat screen .

• Stayed April 2013
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We are happy we can accommodate you for one night; however, we would like to be able to be your home away from home. Guest feedback is always welcome feel free to contact me directly, so we can further discuss your stay. Thank you.

Phone: 407-240-0570 ext. 312
Email: i0766@redroof.com
Maesteg, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We arrived in Orlando early evening and just needed somewhere to stay before heading for the coast. Room was clean, tidy and a decent size. We had 2 double beds which was nice to spread out after a long flight. Did notice that there was a pool which we didn't use as we only went there to sleep but seemed ok for a dip. Would stay again but probably for no longer that an overnight stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you, as complete satisfaction is our goal at Red Roof Inn Orlando Florida Mall. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall? Share your experiences!