“If there could be a 0 star review, this would be it.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8296 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Econo Lodge) (Florida Mall)   |
Ranked #189 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Hilliard
“If there could be a 0 star review, this would be it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Truly the most disgusting room I've ever stayed in. If we hadn't been exhausted and in need of a cheap room at the last minute, we certainly would have left.

We walked in to find the sheets, towels, bedspreads and bathmat stained and tattered, including cigarette burns. But, they looked and smelled laundered so I assumed that they were just old. In the morning, however, the pillow my 5 year old had been using had flipped over to reveal blood stains. DISGUSTING. I'm in long-term care field and knew that was a dead giveaway for bed bugs. I was still hoping that maybe bed bugs weren't in our room and just a pillow from elsewhere. Wrong.

After writing to the Red Roof corporate, my email was forwarded to the GM Jennifer who replied with confirmation that bed bugs were found in our room adn that they were going to clean the room and lock it up for 6 weeks. That that is by far the minimum response a place can use when guests, maids, maintenance, etc are constantly tracking the buggers in and out of rooms.

After checking reviews here and on Yelp, I saw that others experienced bed bugs there as well. My fault for not checking in advance.

This has to be one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. Thank goodness we haven't had any indication of bed bugs at home.

Room Tip: Try the back away from the pool and the very busy road.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
On behalf of the Red Roof Inn Orlando Fl. Mall, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay on April 2013.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, we have enclosed an invitation in this letter offering a free night with us at this locations.

We are currently under new management, but unfortunately we understand that there may have been problems before our take over.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Good location, situated close to i drive/universal.

First room was damp so moved swiftly.

Shaun behind reception absolutely a credit to the hotel, real gentleman - nothing too much trouble!

Helped two English travellers get around Orlando brilliantly!

• Stayed June 2013
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Orlando. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon.
Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

When I arrived I was greeted with big smiles and courteous service. I was comfortable and at ease with the surrounding area even though I had heard I would be in a bad area. I was reassured that I would be safe. When I entered my room, it was very clean. The wooden floors gave the room a more classier look along with the flat screen TV's. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were clean and crisp. Both of the gentlemen at the front desk, James and Jon were very helpful with places to eat and attractions. Whomever trained them in customer service did a great job. They both deserve recognition for their great customer service and helpful information of the area. This hotel has come a long way from where they used to be. Keep up the great work and improvement on this property.

Room Tip: Room 135 was a great room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your valuable response, I would like to extend our most heartfelt appreciation,It reminded us to give our best in everything we do when it comes to customer service for our guest. We hope that when in Orlando you will make us your home.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed one night but James & Jon were both great. They helped me with a taxi & provided me with great places to eat dinner. If you want good service stay at this hotel. The price was very reasonable. The room had wood floors & also a flat screen .

• Stayed April 2013
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We are happy we can accommodate you for one night; however, we would like to be able to be your home away from home. Guest feedback is always welcome feel free to contact me directly, so we can further discuss your stay. Thank you.

Phone: 407-240-0570 ext. 312
Email: i0766@redroof.com
Maesteg, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We arrived in Orlando early evening and just needed somewhere to stay before heading for the coast. Room was clean, tidy and a decent size. We had 2 double beds which was nice to spread out after a long flight. Did notice that there was a pool which we didn't use as we only went there to sleep but seemed ok for a dip. Would stay again but probably for no longer that an overnight stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you, as complete satisfaction is our goal at Red Roof Inn Orlando Florida Mall. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked a king bed non smoking I was upgraded by James into a Jacuzzi suite room 134 to me the room was great had a big tub and the wood floors was a great idea so much cleaner then carpet. The flat screen tv's are nice as well for the price you can't beat it. James at the front desk is very helpful his customer service level is out of this world. keep up the good work

• Stayed April 2013
We here at Red Roof Inn Orlando South appreciate your review. James is great in accommodating all of our Guest and is praised for his hard work and dedication. Hope to see you, your next visit to Orlando.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I traveled to orlando in april to visit some family. Look at the reviews online they were mixed so I decided to give it a shot.
When I arrived at the property there was a very helpful gentleman working. He me find a great meal for dinner and also a great place to go bowling. Downtown disney is the place to go.
I had an issue with my a/c James came very quickly and fixed the problem. There was no billing issue like other hotels so overall it was great.
At check out the guy was very nice I believe his name was Jon both of these guys made my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us at Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We take pride in knowing all of our staff are trained in accommodating all Guest; also, trained to assist Guest with any issues in a timely and efficient manner. We have recently went under new ownership, and management, and are proud to see our hard work is paying off.

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall? Share your experiences!