“very nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8296 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Econo Lodge) (Florida Mall)   |
Ranked #210 of 329 hotels in Orlando
“very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked a king bed non smoking I was upgraded by James into a Jacuzzi suite room 134 to me the room was great had a big tub and the wood floors was a great idea so much cleaner then carpet. The flat screen tv's are nice as well for the price you can't beat it. James at the front desk is very helpful his customer service level is out of this world. keep up the good work

• Stayed April 2013
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We here at Red Roof Inn Orlando South appreciate your review. James is great in accommodating all of our Guest and is praised for his hard work and dedication. Hope to see you, your next visit to Orlando.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I traveled to orlando in april to visit some family. Look at the reviews online they were mixed so I decided to give it a shot.
When I arrived at the property there was a very helpful gentleman working. He me find a great meal for dinner and also a great place to go bowling. Downtown disney is the place to go.
I had an issue with my a/c James came very quickly and fixed the problem. There was no billing issue like other hotels so overall it was great.
At check out the guy was very nice I believe his name was Jon both of these guys made my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us at Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We take pride in knowing all of our staff are trained in accommodating all Guest; also, trained to assist Guest with any issues in a timely and efficient manner. We have recently went under new ownership, and management, and are proud to see our hard work is paying off.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Red Roof Inn Orlando South May 2, 2013 and May 3, 2013, met James Ortiz, who was extremely polite and extremely professional, it was raining "cats and dogs" he made sure we were safe and sound in our room, room 119, also he was helping the staff making sure the rain didn't cause anyone to slip on the sidewalk, "great job James", he came down a couple of times to check on us and make sure there wasn't anything we needed, hard to find concerned people like James these days, many thanks, we've stayed at over one hundred + motels and hotels during our travels, "james Ortiz" was outstanding, again, many thanks

Bob and Janet Molter
Holbrook, NY

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and was shared with James and all of our staff. James as well as all of our employees here at Red Roof Inn take great pride ensuring all Guest are safe. Hope you always consider Red Roof Inn Orlando South as your home away from home, while in Orlando.
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed from July until October. Nice large rooms, had laminate floors. New 32" LG TVs, and renovations.

The bad; excessive traffic afternoon and housekeeping didn't clean well.
The location across from the mall is difficult to drive anywhere in the afternoon, although pizza hut is walkable to. Housekeeping is rare, they had a high turnover rate for housekeeper, but management will take care of it if asked.

The good; Sleep well, secured area, decent rates and no billing issues.
The rooms are surprisingly quiet, only ones that have any environment noise are near the pool. For Orlando, it is far superior to other locations where the hood is an encroachment. The controlled entry is a great peace of mind. The rates are average, but the benefits are worth it. Did not have any billing issues. Internet works well, only had to call support one time but is capable of streaming amazon movies on PS3, hard pressed to find better bandwidth.

If staying for a time or on a vacation budget, this is the place.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, pool side rooms have noise from people or music playing. Back rooms are absolute...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words on our new rooms. We are under new management, and we have taken the time with each employee to ensure great customer service to our guest.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Recently refurbished rooms make this motel quite comfortable. It's good value for money and the location is right across the road from the Florida Mall. Bathroom areas have new granite bench tops... Very nice. It's not a high quality reno but quite presentable. Previous comments correct re male receptionist with bad attitude. Male receptionist had the hide to chastise me verbally for going behind the deserted counter when all i wanted was to knock the door behind in the hope of checking in after a 5 minute wait. Naturally he got told. Reception was deserted every time we went there but on two occasions receptionist appeared from outside and was helpful. No problems with noise. A few undesirable types in the vicinity, but at the price a pretty good deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response, please let me say that I am very upset about the issue with our employee. I would like to talk to you more about the employee that you had an issue with. please call me @ 407 247 0570 and as the new GM here I will correct this issue.
Schweiz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

we have chosen this hotel because of the good notes on tripadvisor. At least the rooms are very modern and nice (with wood floor). But this is it.
The hotel is near to the main road and as it seems the meeting point of all criminals. the first night we heard at 5am 6 gunshots close to our room followed by squealing tires. we were scared.
the second night we moved our second bed in front of the door, so that this protect the door a little bit more. the third night again people yelling outside in the middle of the night "...go and call the police.."
Man, we are happy to leave.

Room Tip: Take a room with high number, this means you have the room more in the back and not so close to the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I apologize that you felt unsafe during your stay with us. I completely understand how it felt to hear the gunshots and tire squeals. While my words will may not ease your mind, I want you to know that this is not a regular occurance, and we are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our guests.

If you would like to discuss the incident further you may call me at 407-240-0570.
San Juan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My stay was just for 1 night this past April 27 and it was great!! Needed a place affordable to have some rest and I cannot complain. The hotel is clean, is cozy, and the service is really great!! Best budget hotel I've been to and will definitely stay again when in Orlando!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I have shared your review with the entire staff. Thank you for allowing us to accomodate you during your trip to Orlando. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall? Share your experiences!