“WHERE IS THE STATE HEALTH INSPECTOR?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8296 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Econo Lodge) (Florida Mall)   |
Ranked #210 of 329 hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“WHERE IS THE STATE HEALTH INSPECTOR?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

When we arrived to this hotel (Motel) there were people outside looked like they were having some sort of party. At the check in desk the clerk was ok until he started telling me about his boyfriend, Who trains the employees here? Secondly when I asked about my special accommodations he told me that they do not honor those. I said you have to be kidding me!!! I explained I had a medical condition and they he wanted to help me out. Ok so go to the room after the experience at check in. We dropped off our things and left. When we returned later on that evening, there were no parking spots available. We went to the front desk person, which you could not get in the lobby, you had to ring a bell and wait for whoever was running the desk to come out this back room. The clerk told us there were no more spaces available except 1 where the car had been double parked. We were then aggravated at this moment. The next morning we noticed that there seemed to be people that lived here, couldnt believe my eyes. In our room we had the jacuzzi tub, which looked like it needed to be condemmed. No one help us out with our complaints when they were acknowledge. Never returning her again.

Room Tip: Just stay away
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Christina,

I would like to apologize for the experience you had during your stay with us. I have reviewed the surveillance of your check-in experience and apologize if our Front Desk Guest Service Representative made you feel uncomfortable at all. James strives to provide outstanding customer service, and felt the converstation would make you feel more at home. He also apologizes for anything that was said that made you feel uncomfortable.

We strive to meet every request our guests have and I apologize if we were unable to meet all of your requests. Our lobby does close between the hours of 10 PM and 6 AM, but someone will always be present at the front desk to assist all of our guests.

I would greatly appreciate speaking to you personally. If you would like to speak to me regarding your stay please call me at 407-240-0570.

Thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fostoria, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed there in February - I was REALLY impressed with the awesome service that Keira presented us with at the front desk. Good Job Keira!! Next time in the area - no doubt we will stay at Red Roof in Orlando South!! Thank you!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Vito,

Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I will definitely praise Keira for providing you with outstanding service. We hope to see you on your next trip to the Orlando area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for one week we didn't even had breakfast by the way is kind of poor lobby too small. We left early in the morning came late at night. So we were there only to sleep. We went to the lobby only two times to use computer. So we found a place acrosss the street monthly since we are here only for a month because of my husband job less expensive cleaner also. So we wanted to use the computer to check address so the guy at front desk told us we couldn't used it since we weren't guest anymore, asking room number. While he was outside smoking with sombody in a car. Give me a break! I'm not trash I'm a lady you could have been much nicer!

• Stayed March 2013
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

OK for one night stay, close to the airport and on limited budget.
Room was clean, furnishing and linen looked OK, front door not so much. Security latch was missing (Room 125), room didn't have a fridge or microwave. Bathroom seemed OK, although we didn't have enough towels available.
Outside area was well maintained and clean, Staff is very polite and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. Thank you for your kind words regarding our service and cleanliness. We are going through a rennovation process this summer which will include minor repairs in all rooms and brand new furniture. Someone is at the front desk 24 hours a day, and we are always happy to bring extra towels or any other amenity that you might need during your stay. We have extra irons, ironing boards, soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, and shaving cream available at no charge for all of our guests.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Orlando, and we cannot wait to accomodate our guests with our new furniture package.
Irish Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof for one night only as we arrived late from a flight and didn't want to take the long drive to our Sth Florida destination. We booked through the Red Roof web site in advance. Checking in was quick & efficient, the girl on the reception was helpful and courteous. Got a ground floor room which was clean and well laid out. Coffee & Tea making facilities, Fridge. Wifi worked some of the time, at least long enough to do some e-mails.
This property is well located for those who like to walk to do some shopping. The Florida Mall is just a stone's throw away. I would have nothing negative to say about our stay at the Red Roof Inn and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I have shared the review with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Orlando.
Port Saint Lucie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We paid about $70 including tax for a Saturday night stay. Compared to the cost of other hotels throughout the area that I investigated, I believe this is an excellent deal. This became particularly clear upon opening the door to our room: it was spotless, neatly made beds, nice, big flat screen TV, a microwave and mini-fridge, new lightening fixtures, and, probably my favorite: no carpet! So the nastiness of cheap hotel carpets makes you wish you’d skipped a meal to get a nicer room. But our room had what I think was wood-laminate flooring. Brilliant! The beds were fine for our contingent.

The hotel is centrally located and literally adjacent to a nice Barnes and Noble (and Best Buy). The nearest Star Bucks in the area, FYI, is in the B&N, which was a plus. The check in/out staff was very nice and helpful; they have a computer in the lobby, and you can print up directions etc.

Drawbacks? There is no breakfast; but considering the money we saved, compared to many other hotels, it was a good deal. My main complaint about the place is that there were a few noisy “guests.” But for the price and its location, particularly proximity to the Orlando Science Center—about 15 minutes, I think it’s hard to beat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with other travellers. We have worked hard to upgrade many things throughout the hotel. Again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando.
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Was alittle unsatisfied that there wasn't a continental breakfast,and Sunday at 10:30,no coffee in thermos'. Stayed from Friday to Sunday and booked room through Red Roof website for Redicard members. Other inns of comparible size always had the continental breakfast,and coffee available 24hrs. Moving on, booking room very easy,check-in was 3pm? Sorry, but not use to check in later than 1pm at other Red Roof Inns I've stayed at before. Desk personnel were super,and had problem with very slow draining of shower/jacuzzi water after shower. Notified front desk,but not looked at until I asked housekeeping person to follow up. She did and problem corrected later. She also informed me no maintenance people available on that Saturday.(This Daytona 500 weekend?)Room was very nice,ammenities very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. While we do not offer breakfast, we do offer coffee 24 hours a day. I will speak with the staff members regarding keeping the coffee full and fresh. I apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay, and will work hard to ensure that they do not occur again.

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall? Share your experiences!