“Value for the good rate.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall

You added Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8296 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Econo Lodge) (Florida Mall)   |
Ranked #156 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Irish Midlands
“Value for the good rate.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof for one night only as we arrived late from a flight and didn't want to take the long drive to our Sth Florida destination. We booked through the Red Roof web site in advance. Checking in was quick & efficient, the girl on the reception was helpful and courteous. Got a ground floor room which was clean and well laid out. Coffee & Tea making facilities, Fridge. Wifi worked some of the time, at least long enough to do some e-mails.
This property is well located for those who like to walk to do some shopping. The Florida Mall is just a stone's throw away. I would have nothing negative to say about our stay at the Red Roof Inn and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I have shared the review with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Orlando.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Port Saint Lucie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We paid about $70 including tax for a Saturday night stay. Compared to the cost of other hotels throughout the area that I investigated, I believe this is an excellent deal. This became particularly clear upon opening the door to our room: it was spotless, neatly made beds, nice, big flat screen TV, a microwave and mini-fridge, new lightening fixtures, and, probably my favorite: no carpet! So the nastiness of cheap hotel carpets makes you wish you’d skipped a meal to get a nicer room. But our room had what I think was wood-laminate flooring. Brilliant! The beds were fine for our contingent.

The hotel is centrally located and literally adjacent to a nice Barnes and Noble (and Best Buy). The nearest Star Bucks in the area, FYI, is in the B&N, which was a plus. The check in/out staff was very nice and helpful; they have a computer in the lobby, and you can print up directions etc.

Drawbacks? There is no breakfast; but considering the money we saved, compared to many other hotels, it was a good deal. My main complaint about the place is that there were a few noisy “guests.” But for the price and its location, particularly proximity to the Orlando Science Center—about 15 minutes, I think it’s hard to beat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with other travellers. We have worked hard to upgrade many things throughout the hotel. Again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando.
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Was alittle unsatisfied that there wasn't a continental breakfast,and Sunday at 10:30,no coffee in thermos'. Stayed from Friday to Sunday and booked room through Red Roof website for Redicard members. Other inns of comparible size always had the continental breakfast,and coffee available 24hrs. Moving on, booking room very easy,check-in was 3pm? Sorry, but not use to check in later than 1pm at other Red Roof Inns I've stayed at before. Desk personnel were super,and had problem with very slow draining of shower/jacuzzi water after shower. Notified front desk,but not looked at until I asked housekeeping person to follow up. She did and problem corrected later. She also informed me no maintenance people available on that Saturday.(This Daytona 500 weekend?)Room was very nice,ammenities very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. While we do not offer breakfast, we do offer coffee 24 hours a day. I will speak with the staff members regarding keeping the coffee full and fresh. I apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay, and will work hard to ensure that they do not occur again.
Marlborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked this hotel because our plane was getting in very late and it was close to the airport. It was a one night stay booked through tingo.com. Even thought I my rate was very inexpensive, the room was nice, updated and clean with all the equipment there...coffee maker, blow dryer etc. It exceeded my expectations for this short stay. It is not a 5 star hotel but perfectly adequate for this type of stay plus it was located to lots of conveniences...drug store, supermarket, restaurants and mall.

Room Tip: The first floor was easy to unload our suitcases. We parked right in front of our door. Especially...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We appreciate your comments and the time you took to share your comments with other travellers. I will share your comments with the staff, and hope that we can accomodate you on your next visit to Orlando.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had some issues as an airline employee with finding a hotel so our company booked us here. We were shocked to find there was no shuttle but our arrival made it worth it. Came in after 1am and Jenifer was fast and friendly with our check-in. She helped us find late night food, an iron and made the work day's frustration disappear.

The rooms were clean and cozy. As a flight attendant who stays in hotels all year, we tend to become hotel snobs, and this was a very nice Red Roof Inn. Coffee was ready for our early departure and we didn't have any issues with our stay.

Room Tip: If you reserve more than one room request them close together ahead of time, this place gets filled...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments on the staff and the property. We have all worked hard to update the property, and provide the best customer service in Orlando. We understand that not everyone is in Orlando on vacation, and want to be able to accomodate every guest's needs and greet them with a smile.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked one night. Because of flight delays, didn't arrive until 2am. Still a few parking spots available. Checked in without issue.

Was pleased with all the new items in my room: laminate floor, flat TV, stone vanity, new side tables. No issues with the King bed. Wifi worked fine. My room included fridge & microwave. A jacuzzi was in the bathroom (only showered, didn't try filling the salmon-coloured tub). Vanity sink next to the bathroom.

There seemed to be a constant slight hum from outside - perhaps a fluorescent light. However, putting the fan on covered it up.

There are numerous hotels nearby. I'm glad I tried this one. If you opt not to use the safe, be sure to tell them at checkout so they can credit back your account. There was coffee, but no breakfast provided.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hats off to front desk staffer, James, for helping me. I booked the Florida Mall location through Priceline and got a great deal except....I had only smoking rooms available for me and my kids and we don't smoke. James also went to bat for me with PriceLine and got my money refunded in full.

James helped me to rebook at the Convention Center location and although not through PriceLine, got a very fair price for short notice and had a great stay in a non smoking, clean, room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall? Share your experiences!