“happy beginning, sad ending” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall

You added Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8296 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Econo Lodge) (Florida Mall)   |
Ranked #186 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Detroit
“happy beginning, sad ending”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

we found a great deal on this hotel but once there we had a problem opening the door with their keys. it turned out the door wasn't working. after getting the door card reactivated and trying again we were upgraded to a jacuzzi room for the trouble. it was right by the pool and jacuzzi was wonderful, our 3 nights there were fabulous!!!

we decided to stay there one more night and made an agreement to stay in the same room with the original price we paid for the basic room. now once we come back to the room at 2 or so in the morning, the door didn't open because someone else was there. we found out that the room was not reserved for us for another night, tired and ready to crash we agreed on their basic room on the left side of the pool 2nd floor. upon entering, i headed to turn the lights on and right away spotted a running cockroach behind one bed. when i turned around to tell my bf, i spotted another one on the ceiling wall going towards the door. sadly, our good experience turned really bad. we escaped the room right away in hopes to find some other reasonably priced hotel near by and we did, luckily we got a spot at Quality Inn for the same price.

This bitter sweet night made us go to bed at 4am and miss most of our St Augustine attractions the next day. We were not happy but made the best of the little time we had left.

Unless you want to bring those buggers home, i do not recommend this hotel! it was friendly, costumer service oriented but smelled damp and got roach problem!

ps: there were druggies and homeless people hanging out around and breakfast, was just a few things, no juices, or eggs, bacon. just pancakes, coffee, muffins and bagels, which didn't taste all that good.

Room Tip: inspect the place before you actually sleep there!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I would like to apologize for the sad ending to your trip to the Orlando area. We have addressed the issue, and have changed pest control companies. Please know that we pride ourselves on our service and our cleanliness, and that we are working hard to ensure that this does not happen again. We have a 100% Hassle Free Guarantee that we stand behind for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding your stay at 407-240-0570. I am always happy to assist every guest that stays with us or that may be thinking about staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Rooms are well kept. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Orlando Ale House is across the street with good food and spirits. Quiet and clean. I would highly recommend this motel to any traveler. Had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012
miami, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I called this property to get some information on rates. I spoke with Jay & from the reservation experience it made me & my wife want to come visit this location. When we arrived at the property we got to meet Jay he welcomed us with a smile & made us feel at home. The room was very nice with wood flooring. The employees at this hotel provide five star customer service and go above & beyond to make their guest happy. During our stay April cleaned our room. We came back to a fresh clean smelling room. I've stayed at hotels that consider their self five star property's that don't provide this kind of service. We will definitely return. Thank you for the pleasant stay!!!89i

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

On the first few nights we stayed here I thought this place was ok...When we arrived our key card didn't work a couple times so they transferred us without the extra charge to the jacuzzi room at #134. Ok...

We asked to stay a 4th night and the hotel manager told us she would keep us at the same rate for a 4th night in the same room. Ok...

We get back later that evening and our room was given to another guest...The night manager on duty sends us to room #225 towards the end of the complex. Ok...

We arrive in the room, turn on the lights, and guess what we find...One cockroach crawling behind the mattress and another crawling over the top of the window curtains. We left and will never come back again. YOU GETS WHAT YOU PAY FOR!! And not like I really care but we heard fights at 2am and Orlando's drug attics/homeless making the parking lot there new home.

Save yourself the hassle and book a $500 a night Disney resort (yeah right!) if you're one of the 1% who stole this country's wealth. To keep yourself in check financially, don't eat out that much or buy tons of useless Made In China t-shirts and coffee mugs and at least book a room that hovers around $100 a night. I learned my lesson well!

Room Tip: Try room #134 but if the buggers in room #225 mate like (this is not a politically correct statement...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I would like to apologize for the problems you experienced during the extra night of your stay. We have addressed the issue with the pests, and have changed pest control companies. Please know that we pride ourselves on our service and our cleanliness, and that we are working hard to ensure that this does not happen again. We have a 100% Hassle Free Guarantee that we stand behind for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding your stay at 407-240-0570. I am always happy to assist every guest that stays with us or that may be considering choosing our hotel as their home away from home.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The employees were very friendly. Like the fact that they are in the middle of everything. Good service, nice breakfast. Love that the Florida Mall was so near. My family and i spend 4 days in Orlando Area. Went to Disney and walk around. We are planning to return next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Red Roof Inn Orlando South was a truly an unexpected pleasant experience. While traveling on business in Central and Southeast Florida, I stayed at the Red Roof Inn because of its proximity to the Airport and its accessibility to downtown Orlando and I4. For my wife it was being across the street from Florida Mall. During my 3 week business travel my wife and took-off to Fort Lauderdale and stayed at the Beach Resort Hotel right on the beach for 2 weekends at a $120 per night and I must confess that the service we received at the Red Roof was far superior than the Beach Resort and for a fraction of the price. On my next visit to Orlando I would definitely stay again at the Red Roof and certainly recommend my friends, business associates and anyone else to check the out. You will be just as pleasantly surprised.
Thank you Jennifer. You were absolutely a pro in your manager capacity. Your ability and willingness to go the extra mile is beyond what any of your guests can expect. Thank you Janis and James. Your ongoing prompt and courteous service and flexibility is none other than excellent. To all the other staff who's names we did not get, the same goes to you all.
All of your attitudes show how much you care. I certainly will come back to stay under your Red Roof anytime I visit Orlando. Keep up the good work and all the best! Thank you from Emile and Malca

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you Emile and Malca for your very kind words! We enjoyed your company, and cannot wait to see you again on your next visit to the area. We enjoy meeting all of our guests and we are happy that you saw our service as being excellent. Again, thank you!
Carrollton, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

After we chose Orlando over Chattanooga for our family vacation, we came across Red Roof Inn on line. I called and booked our hotel rooms. The rooms were at a great price and location. JAMES answered all of my questions. We had a 10 hour drive and after driving to Orlando and to Red Roof Inn, I finally met James. Without him telling me who he was, I promptly recognized him by his charming voice and his professional look. James checked us in fast and he was so wonderful and made us feel right at home. The rooms were really nice and the beds were great. I didn't have an iron in the room but Sheree took it upon herself to find me one. The room had a microwave and fridge and was located near several shopping centers, grocery stores and restaurants. And not to mention, close to the theme parks and other attractions.
Thanks to the Superior staff( James, Jennifer and Sheree and housekeeping ladies) and reasonable/clean rooms we had a great trip and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. Our team has worked very hard to provide excellent accomodations to our guests, and your feedback motivates us to continue to work hard. We look forward to your next visit to the Orlando area!

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall? Share your experiences!