“Review for Ramada Suites Orlando Airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Suites Orlando Airport

Save Saved
You added Ramada Suites Orlando Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Suites Orlando Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7500 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32822 (Formerly AmeriSuites Orlando Airport Northeast)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #182 of 328 hotels in Orlando
DENTON
“Review for Ramada Suites Orlando Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Excellent suites. The Ramada provided a free shuttle to and from the airport. All of the staff were pleasant and helpful. Suites were large and comfy. Anything that we asked for was provided instantly. Got a great deal on travelocity too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

gm_ramadasuites, General Manager at Ramada Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Suites Orlando Airport. I am glad the free airport shuttle was convient for you and that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the positive comments about our staff. And I am glad you found the suite to be large and comfortable. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Warwick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I want to take this time to tell you what an incredible staff you have at the Ramada, MCO location. My husband and I travel for a living. The night before our trips, we come into Orlando and stay at a local hotel. We decided a long time ago to make that hotel the Ramada. The reason for this is your staff. Many hotels in the local area will match their rates, ameneties and convenient location, but none have been able to match the incredible friendliness, hospitality and caring nature of your staff. Nigora has been an excellent addition to the front desk. She is ALWAYS smiling, accommodating and bubbly. She is always looking to please all guests. Thomas and Mary have always our favorites, We have spent almost as much time at the Ramada as we have at our home in recent years. Your above-mentioned staff members have succeeded in making my husband and I feel at home when we are there. This is so important to us, as most of our lives are spent in hotels that are chosen by our airlines.

Tom and I would like to thank them from the bottom of our hearts for making our stays less impersonal, and more comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you so much for the positive comments about our team. Its great when guests take the time to review and give such positive feedback about our staff. I am happy to share your comments with all of them. They are the people that keep this hotel going, and without them we are just another hotel. They are what make Ramada Suites special. I am very proud to have such a dedicated team. Also I am glad you feel that Ramada Suites Orlando Airport is your home away from home and we look forward to having you as our guest for many years to come.

Culebra, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised to find everything about my stay at Ramada Orlando International exceeded my expectations! Can't figure out why this place is rated 2.5 stars. I travel a lot. I would give it a 3.5 stars...with a five star experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you so much for your positive comments about the Ramada Suites Orlando Airport. unfortunately we are rated on here as a 2.5 star because we bought this hotel and it was in need of some attention. We have worked really hard over the past two years to update the property and train our team. Our efforts are now reflecting on trip advisor. I am please and proud that you thought of us in such a positive way. Please Remember us on your next visit to Orlando.

Zaandam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel is located just a few miles north of the airport so please do expect to have noise from the planes! The staff is very friendly and helpful. Also the free shuttle service to and from the airport was great, theres just a small sign at the top of the bus that says 'Ramada' so be sure not to miss it!

Rooms are spacious and the free WiFi is fast and is working great. The sitting-area of the room is quite dark however. The complimentary breakfast is just like you'll get it at other hotels in the area. There's just a lot of hotels in the area (and some fastfood restaurants) so you'll need to get out for entertainment. The hotel is great for the night before or the night after a flight. They do provide shuttle service to the major themeparks, I'd strongly suggest to find another hotel closer to the themeparks however if you like to visit them.

The hotel also offers a cruisepackage which includes a discount Port Canaveral Shuttle. We didn't book this package but it sounds great if you'll be taking a cruise.

Room Tip: Book this hotel just for a night before or after your flight!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Suites Orlando Airport. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that our location was perfect for you. As for the cruise package we have it is a great deal and lots of people enjoy flying into orlando and staying at the Ramada Suites and taking our transportation to the cruise port for one low price. Also thank you for the positive comments about our staff, I will be sure to share them with our team. I hope to have you as our guest again at the Ramada Suites.

Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hotel was spotless, but the manager goes beyond the call, I arrived 4 hours early and asked to leave luggage, the manager would not hear of it and allowed me to checkin early

great guy, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Great location for Orlando international airport
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for you positive comments about your stay at the Ramada Suites Orlando Airport. I am glad you found our hotel clean and comfortable. and enjoyed the service you received from our staff. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our family of four adults booked this hotel through Hotwire (mistake) and when we checked-in, we were given a room with a King Sized bed and a sleeper sofa. For four adults. It got worse, but let me start at the beginning.
We booked this hotel because it had free parking and free breakfast (plus we checked reviews -- it seemed nice enough for an overnight stay for a flight out the next morning). When we tried to check-in, we saw that half of the luggage carts were being used by the staff to haul supplies around. We had to scramble to get a cart for ourselves. Bad sign.
A noted posted next to the front desk apologized for a recent flood on the third floor that also flooded the lobby. Worse sign.
When I checked-in for the room, we received a single King bed (with a sleeper sofa) for four adults on, you guessed it, the third floor. When I asked about a room with two beds since two grown adults could not sleep comfortably on a pull-out bed, the manager (owner?), when he could tear himself away from chatting with his friend and also talking on the phone, told me that I could pay extra money for the additional bed. I declined (worst sign).
When we finally took a cart, we got up to the third floor, and it kind of smelled like SeaWorld (we had just visited the day earlier, so we had a good idea what wet fish smelled like). Luckily, our room was behind the elevator (seriously, directly behind the elevator), so the noise distracted us from the smell.
It was all about the numbers -- room for four, three sets of towels, three cups, one wet carpet, one broken lamp next to the bed, one King bed, one incredibly uncomfortable sleeper sofa with one sheet and one pillow. Caramba!
When I called, I was promised more towels, more sheets, fixed lamp, more cups, and I was told that there were no other pillows in the hotel. I was reminded that I would need to pay more if I wanted another bed.
So we waited. And waited. And waited. I called and was assured that everything would arrive shortly. We heard a knock on the door about thirty minutes after I called and got another sheet. And a surprised look when I asked about the other stuff. We got another promise to get the rest.
So we waited. And waited. Well, you get the story. After another 20 minutes or so and a few phone calls, we got the towels, cups, and somewhere in the world they found another pillow (it did smell pretty bad, though). As for the night light, the engineer went home and no one had access to light bulbs. And after we'd unpacked and were in our pajamas, about an hour and a half after we'd checked in, for our inconvenience, we were offered a different room with another bed. Needing to catch an early flight the next morning we declined and half of us slept uncomfortably that night.
The breakfast the next morning was okay -- make your own waffles, maybe (I don't remember, but it wasn't bad).
The moral of the story -- do not book a room for more than two adults on Hotwire. A king with a sofa bed was okay to them for four adults.
Stay at your own risk. Our room stank (yes, the flood), was noisy (yes, the elevator), and the service was more interested in serving themselves and their friends than their customers. Further, they were happy to rent us a room for four adults with one real bed.
After we left, we found that we were missing a sweater, but we decided not to call the hotel because they were so rude and not customer-focused, and since the experience was so horrible.

Room Tip: Run away from hotels with floods. Do not book hotels on Hotwire with four adults. I'm sure tha...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gm_ramadasuites, General Manager at Ramada Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear E.L.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Suites Orlando Airport. I sincerely apologize for all of the short falls in service while you were our guest. You were here during a difficult time for us and we fell way short of living up to your expectations. We did just have a sprinkler discharge on our third floor and yes the smell was not good anywhere from the third floor down that day. We were doing our best to keep our guest from being impacted by all of this but it was also a very busy time. Next when you book a room through Hotwire it’s for what's called Run of House. Which means any available room and it’s also for the cheapest room type which is a king room. We did offer you a room with doubles but you choose to keep the king. I am sorry if it did not live up to your expectations. And I also wish to apologize for the long wait to get extra towels and bedding. This was not the type of service we strive to give our guest. It's our goal to exceed you’re expectations and we fell short with your stay. I would like the opportunity to have you as our guest again and we will far exceed your expectations the next time. If you would like to call me here at the hotel my number is 407-240-3939. And we can discuss this further.

Ramada Suites Orlando Airport
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I got this hotel for $40/night via Priceline. We just needed a place to lay our heads after a day at the theme parks and before flying out the next day.

We were in a handicapped room with a king bed and a pull out couch. There were no linens for the pullout couch in the room. The staff was very confused when we called for linens and it took 3 tries to get what we needed, but it was no bother.

Loved having the "suite" with two small kids. It was nice to order in some dinner and be able to eat at a table instead of sitting on the bed. There are plenty of nearby restaurants. Affordable gas to fill up the rental car is not far away either--just be sure to pass up the first two price-gouging stations.

Breakfast was standard. Kids love the make your own waffles.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!