“happy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Suites Orlando Airport

Save Saved
You added Ramada Suites Orlando Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Suites Orlando Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7500 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32822 (Formerly AmeriSuites Orlando Airport Northeast)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #182 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Syracuse, New York
“happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

This hotel was great in every way..the staff was great, dianne took me thru my reservations step by step..nice soft beds..nice breakfast forfree..and great pool..next to airport..loved it..will travel there again

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We booked this hotel through Priceline. I called the Ramada directly 48 hours before the trip to confirm and put in a request for beds. They said they had our reservation and made note of our bed request, all was fine.

We arrived in Orlando just past midnight. I called and requested the shuttle, the woman who answered sounded quite surprised. She asked if I had a reservation, I told her yes, through priceline and that I had confirmed it. She then toldl me that they had given away my room and no room for me. She wanted me to take the shuttle to the motel anyway and she would find me a room. I told her, I wasn't happy but it was past midnight and we had limited choices. I told her we needed a room at the airport since we were picking up a car at 8:00 am.

After waiting for the shuttle for 20 minutes, I called back which rang and rang and rang.... she finally said just take a cab to the Ramada Gateway in Kissimee, which was a 45 min. drive away. Told her NO we booked a room at the airport, long story was that she would not look for another airport hotel and would only re-book us through another Ramada. By this time it was past 1:00 am. We took the $60 cab ride to the Ramada Gateway, which was a DUMP. We slept for about 3 hours to find that the Ramada Gateway was out of hot water. So we had a miserable night sleep from the stress, no hot water for a shower and then another 45 minute cab ride to get back to the airport to get our rental car.

NEVER TRUST the Ramada Suites at Orlando airport. There were at least 3 other groups who also prepaid and did not have rooms for the night of Feb. 23, 2011. Have called to speak to a manager and have not received a call back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Keller
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I did not feel like the room was clean, The toilet was the loud and ran a long time. The furnishings were old and dated. The lobby area was nice and the location great. I did not want to touch anything as it looked dirty. I would not stay here again. Booked thru ***wire. The AC unit looked like it was an afterthought to add to the room

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
rpaul56, General Manager at Ramada Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
We apologize if you experienced discomfort during your stay, we encourage our guests to notify us right away of any displeasure to fix it on the spot. The new Amana heat pump were installed in all suites October 2010 . Each suite is equipped with individual wall controlled centralized thermostats. The bedrooms are equipped with new Simmons Pillow top mattresses, duvet covers and triple sheeting. We are pleased you liked our location and our wide open lobby.
Rochester, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Reserved 2 rooms and paid in full via Priceline. Called the hotel the night of the reservation to let them know we would be arriving late and was told as long as we arrived before 2:00am, we were fine. Upon arrival at 12:30am, we were told they had no rooms. They actually did this to 8 others as well! They sent us to Ramada Gateway in Kissimee, 30 minutes and many tolls away, with no offer of compensation for the trouble. Priceline offered nothing as well. Never again will I use either.

• Stayed February 2011
Unfortunately you experienced Orlando at its fullest occupancy. Our policy is to accommodate each guests that has to be relocated with complimentary comparable accommodations. That evening we were able to find the closest hotel that had available rooms and provided transportation to/from with compliments of the hotel. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

I got this room through price line bid for a 2&1/2 star hotel, after which I looked up the reviews on Tripadvisor and for 3 days I was upset that I would get such a terrible place from Price line for a 2&1/2 star choice. But, I was stuck so we went and I found out that most of the reviews below must be a mistake and really for a different location Surly not here ( Thank God)!!

I travel for business combined with pleasure, my wife & 5 year old always come with, we stay in hotels almost every week for 2-4 nights across the SE so we have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & we are picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). My 5-year-old takes his shoes & socks off the minute we hit the room and believe me if the carpet is a little dirty we will know within minutes (I have checked out of hotels because his feet were black with dirt). Overall this place is very clean.
Regardless of your reason for visiting the Orlando, FL area, this hotel is a great choice 1 mile from the airport about 10 miles from the tourist sites. The hotel is close to restaurants, and freeway. The hotel is quite. The rooms are good size, with a living room area that has a love seat size couch (pull out bed) an easy chair desk, and sink with mini frig & microwave & coffee pot. The sleeping are was comfortable the beds were very nice, plenty of room to move about. The staff is OK polite & helpful, did I mention the place is very clean. On the 1st morning we had no hot water for the shower I called the front desk told them I was in a hurry for work, maintenance was there in minutes it was a simple problem he fixed in about 5 minutes. The lobby is large and the breakfast area very spacious. Breakfast is above average including scrambled eggs, sausage, hot cakes & french toast that you pop in the toaster fresh fruit (bananas, oranges & apples) Yogurt pastries & 2 waffle machine + more.
The area is safe typical airport hotel area, coming onto the hotel street you are on a one way circle going around a large pond with ducks (saw numerous people walking & jogging around it) you turn right off this loop into your hotel all the big guys were there Sheraton suites Holiday Inn Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport, Marriott Orlando Airport, Crowne Plaza Orlando Airport, Wingate by Wyndham, Hampton Inn Orlando, Hilton Garden Inn etc within 3 blocks there was a TGIF, Tony Roma's, Applebee's and others nothing abnormal or scary about the hotel or area! What I did not like, the breakfast had sausage every day I was there (I don't like sausage) bacon would have been nice at least once, & the TV had only about 18 channels (inc HBO) I missed my sy-fi & History channel Must stay elsewhere next time(LOL).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hamilton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Had a great time great price would stay there again

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are continually improving our staff and the guest experience! It is so nice to know you had a great stay at a great price and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel soon!
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

From checking in to checking out ,completely satisfied. Staff were friendly and helpful and very accomadating. Did not have an iron but within 10 mins of calling front desk one was delivered. Breakfast was hot and good. We were very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful remarks; I have shared this with our staff! Our team continues to improve each day and we are pleased to see your really enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Ramada Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!