“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here for two nights. This is a nice hotel. Our room was very spacious and clean. Airport shuttle. Would visit this hotel again. Near the airport. Helpful staff. Nothing wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Georgetown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Located about a 5 minute drive from the airport, the hotel is perfectly located and has everything you need. It's not the most amazing hotel you'll ever stay at, but the recent renovations are quite nice. The indoor/outdoor pool is a great place to relax, and the restaurant is pretty reasonably priced. If you're lookig for a clean, nice hotel that's close to everything, it's a really great place.

Green Features: They offer the traditional don't clean my towels option, and also a $5 or 500 point credit if you don't have your room cleaned. They're saving money, shrouded in an environmentally friendly cloak, but it's a nice touch.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Arrived late in the night so did not have much choice of being upgraded as most rooms were taken inspite of advance confirmation from hotel that upgrade would be provided based on my gold SPG status. Stayed on the suite at the main level. Room felt kind of small and cramped for a suite. Pull out sofa was good and room appeared clean. Microwave was included. Washroom was located in the bedroom so the guests in the living room would go through the bedroom for acess to washroom. Bed was comfy.
Was surprised that hotel did not have club lounge. Overall average value for money. There are many other hotels near the airprot which offer better value for price. I chose this hotel due to my SPG membership status.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brandon W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We appreciate your business and value your loyalty as an SPG member. Due to the size of our property it is correct that we do not have a Club Level. We are sorry to hear that you found our newly renovated suites to be on the small side, as their size sets us apart from other area hotels. We hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Orlando, allowing us to provide you with another opportunity to make your stay excellent.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Check in was perfect and was a prelude to a very nice and quiet stay. Rooms are very well equipped. My stay was very short due to an early flight. Drivers of their airport shuttle were the friendliest I ever encountered. Even stopped for a guest to get some amenities. Can't find anything negative, so I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Chester, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is perfect for an overnight close to the airport. The rooms are standard for Sheratons. Having a separate bedroom for the suite is nice. SPG Platinum status gets you free buffet breakfast - plenty to eat and good quality. I would stay here again if I need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sonja G, Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated suites. We value our SPG guests and look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel does not look that appealing from out side, when I checked in there was Yolanda , she is the best of all the staff in the hotel, she is very friendly , the other staff members either they are rude, or not so friendly, now the good stuff, one day around 8 am, there was the fire alarm, every body must leave the hotel now, so my wife and I took the kids fast out side the hotel, some of them in there t shirt and shorts, it was fire in the kitchen , and it was raining and cold that morning, we could not get back inside to get our cloth , even they had the fire out, we had to wait tell around 12 noon, we where on vacation, our plan to go to Disney world, some day when you are late, they will turn people back, plus you loose half of the day, the next day at 8:01 am , the fire alarm went off again, then one minutes later they said it is falls Aram, plus finding a parking spot was a challenge, we had to park in fire lane and block other cars. we stayed for six nights the whole time the Spa was out of service.

Green Features: I did opt out of room service , they did give me 500 point for 5 nights for doing that
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are very grateful for your honest feedback, since it allows us to improve our service level. We regret any inconvenience caused by the fire alarm and the evacuation of the hotel, but your safety is our first priority. We are also sorry to hear that you had trouble finding a parking spot. Due to the Holidays there was a delay in receiving the necessary part for the spa, causing the unfortunate delay in bringing it back up. Please accept our sincere apology and we hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with an enjoyable stay.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was extremely disappointed at the recent two night stay in Room 117 on December 28 and December 29 2013. Although the room is quite tidy and clean but my wife and I was awoke by the emergency alarm system at around 8:20 AM on December 29 telling us to leave the building immediately without knowing what the emergency was. We were outside standing by the side entrance in the cold and rain for more than two hours. I found out later by talking to the fire official that the hotel kitchen was on fire due to the excess grease built up. This fire could be totally avoidable and I believe this is a result of gross negligence of the hotel management of not maintaining the kitchen properly! When I complained to the front desk on the evening on December 29 about staying out in the cold for more than two hours and the two men argued with me that it was only one and half hour and claimed that hotel personnel told guests to get back to their rooms. I complained to them that nobody came to the side entrance where we were and that the alarm did not turn off until 10:40 AM!!! Why would anyone go back to the rooms if the fire alarm is still on? When I asked to speak to the Front Office Manager and I was told he is not available. These two men at the front desk only offered me the option to check out at 4:00 PM which is totally useless since we were planning to check out at 9:30 AM. I did not appreciate the way I was treated at the front desk by these two employees. To make the matter worse, on the next morning on December 30 we were again woke up by the alarm system telling us to evacuate again! When we rushed out of the hotel room and then we found out that it was a false alarm!!! This is totally unacceptable and ridiculous to get this kind of service for hotel guests. I will seriously reconsider coming back to this hotel when I visit my cousins next time in Orlando!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!