“Make every effort possible to eat anywhere but the hotel!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #122 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
“Make every effort possible to eat anywhere but the hotel!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel was decent itself but the food in the restaurant and the restaurant itself was very bad. I was here for a very small conference of only 13 people which was held at the hotel. We all ate lunch in the restaurant at the hotel and not one of us thought the food was even remotely decent. To begin with they did not have enough menus for all 13 of us to look at. I could possibly understand this had the restaurant been packed with people but we were the only 13 people in there eating! What restaurant doesn't have enough menus for 13 people to each have their own! Secondly once the food starting coming out it would come out 1 plate at a time with a few minutes in between when one plate would come out and the next would then come out. By the end, the first few people who had gotten their food were completely done eating and some others in our group were just finally receiving their food. Finally was the quality of the food, I can only speak for myself in saying that the chicken quesadillas were horrible. That is unless all you want in a quesadilla is very bland chicken, plain cheddar cheese and that is it, honestly! I can say that not one other person in our group was happy with their food or service.
Unfortunately for me, I have to come down in November for another conference at this same hotel and can say I am not looking forward to it and will be making ever effort possibly to eat anywhere but at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MarlonR2, Food and Beverage Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the hotel and our restaurant. We always strive for great hospitality and I sincerely apologize that your lunch didn’t go as smoothly as expected. I can certainly assure you that we have an adequate amount of menus in our restaurant and apologize if not everybody received one. We have addressed this with our servers. You are absolutely correct that not all the food came out at the same time. This was partially due to the fact that not everybody in your group arrived at the same time, and while our servers were trying to be conscious of your lunch window and brought individual plates out when they were ready rather than waiting for items which took a bit longer to prepare, such as well-done burgers, I can certainly see that this may have been perceived as substandard service from our end. We do use feedback from our guests as a training tool for our staff and please rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously to improve our operation. I am confident that you will be very pleased during your visit in November! Marlon Reyes, Food and Beverage Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a short night in August before taking our plane back home. We frequently stay at Sheraton hotels since my wife and I consider this hotel chain as one of the safest pick in terms of comfort and service. The service was up to standards especially the shuttle driver who was both friendly and very helpful. But this hotel is in serious need of renovations. The public spaces smell humidity and clearly have not been renovated for several years. The carpets on the floors need to be replaced and it is good to see that they are currently in the process of renovating. But in the meantime, the experience is not up to Sheraton standards. Our room also needed to be refreshed although our bed was still comfortable. The food at the restaurant was ordinary and this is really more for people who do not want to eat outside.

We have had so many good experiences with Sheraton that this stay will not affect our view of the chain. But during our next trip in the area, we will not be staying there.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brandon W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We regret to hear that you were disappointed with your overall experience; our staff however appreciated your nice comments about our service. We are planning on replacing the hallway carpet in the coming weeks and our public area renovation plans are in their final stages. We have also hired a new Executive Chef who is certain to bring our food quality to the next level. We would greatly appreciate the chance to serve you again in the future and show off the extraordinary property that we are in the process of creating.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The service at the restaurant was excellent, Luisiam is a great asset to the staff. I would say he was the determining factor in my rating. I am a lifetime Gold member soon to be lifetime Platnum member . On my travels around the globe service is the quality I look for when determining how and where I invest when conducting my buiness or liesure travel. This hotel meets all the needs and with staff like Luisiam this hotel will always gain repeat business. Here is what you get: big rooms, safe facility, and well managed. I will add it to my favs to book. Location is premium to all family locations(Disney,Universal Studios, Sea World,Malls, food)easy to get to in 10-15 min.

• Stayed August 2013
MarlonR2, Food and Beverage Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
It was a real joy to read your review and share with our staff, especially Luisiam! We too consider excellence our minimum standard and certainly appreciate your business and loyalty. Thank you for adding us to your “favs”!
Marlon Reyes, Food and Beverage Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Easy location near the MCO airport, especially for people on business, families who do not like to stay near Disney, etc. Checkin was fast and friendly.
The hotel common areas were dirty and in need of upgrade. The bar/restaurant/breakfast buffet area is very small and awkwardly laid out in a rectangle. Breakfast buffet was below average in food quality except for the real orange juice (burned bacon, undercooked sausages, cold scrambled eggs, hard and tasteless cantaloupe, etc). Service was very friendly.
Rooms are spacious but have a lot of furniture in it and looks very dark and cramped. Rooms need updating and sound proofing... way too noisy (road noises, aircraft noises, next door neighbor noises, hall noises, etc). The TV in the bedroom is too small for people to see comfortably (with two double beds).
Bathroom is small and cramped but adequate.
If you have no transportation then you can walk over to other hotels for dinner/drinks or eat at Sonny's Barbecue (great food!).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nelson S, Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to hear that you found our location so convenient and our staff appreciated your kind comments about the friendly service you received, both at the Front Desk and Restaurant. We have already completed the full renovation of almost 70% of our guest rooms, which look absolutely beautiful. We are also replacing the small TVs in the bedrooms that you are mentioning with up to 47” models. We will be addressing the layout of our breakfast buffet in the very near future and have certainly addressed your concerns regarding quality of food with our F&B team. We hope that you would give us the opportunity to serve you again. Please socialize with us on Facebook and Twitter so you may get advance information on special deals!
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Excellent sleeping accommodations, the extra bed is very comfortable, the hotel has excellent staff very helpful, the hotel was under renovation and did not hear any noise. The only downside was that the pool was not a pleasant temperature to be used. I thank all the hotel for good service in my stay.

Room Tip: The third floor uperiores are now all renovated and new.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sonja G, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and especially for your kind comments regarding our service. We cannot wait until your next visit! Please socialize with us on Facebook and Twitter so you may get advance information on great deals with us.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our family was in town for our bi-annual family reunion. Throughout the entire planning process, Kristina, Laurie, and Ray in the sales department made sure all of my questions were answered and that I was satisfied. They all went above and beyond for us. When I finally made it to Orlando, I couldn't wait to meet Kristina. She greeted me with a friendly smile and a hug! I felt like I had a new best friend lol :) Our banquet was poolside and the food was amazing! OUr catered breakfast the next day was wonderful as well. Luisiam was outstanding! Absolutely anything I needed, he quickly accommodated me. I would even say he spoiled me. Our newly renovated king suite was gorgeous! The bed was so comfortable and the shower was hot! Whatever we needed from the front desk arrived to our room promptly. They were all so very courteous. When we come back to Orlando, we will definitely be staying here. Thank you to all of the staff at this wonderful hotel. You made our trip even better!

Room Tip: Newly renovated rooms are gorgeous. However, do keep an eye on the air conditioner. If you turn it p...
Green Features: We were given the option to change the sheets/towels during our stay and opted to change them only once. We are all about conserving energy and water. It's nice when businesses practice the same.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lori R, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Taneisha S,
Thank you for allowing us to host your family reunion and for your kind words about our team! We all enjoyed working with you too and can’t wait to have you back for the next reunion. I’m happy that your banquets went well and that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms. Please give Kristina a call any time to inquire about the dates for next time!
Enjoy the rest of your summer,
Lori Rupp
Richmond, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The suite was a bit dark, but with ample space and comfortable beds, we enjoyed it. They provided a bottle of water which is always appreciated. There were two TV's one in the living room and one in the bedroom. They also had a wide variety of pay-per-view movies.

Room Tip: Pick a higher room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brandon W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with feedback from your recent stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds, complimentary bottle of water and our TV options. The hotel is currently going through a full room renovation which will bring a fresh modern appear to the property and certainly have a brighter look. These rooms will offer an even greater experience and we hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future to see these improvements. Thank you for staying with us!

Been to Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!