Spent one night here using SPG points. The hotel is undergoing a complete renovation and I knew this beforehand as it was mentioned on the hotel's website. Said renovations would take place Monday through Friday so when we checked in on Saturday, I was surprised to see a bulldozer putting old carpet padding into the dumpster.
We were told where to park and to take the elevator up to our room on the second floor. This also happened to be the construction entrance so it was dirty and dark. Turns out our room was closer to the lobby so this could have been avoided.
The lobby was nicely decorated and reminded me of the Sheraton LAX Gateway in decor. Our room was not updated and did smell like someone had smoked in it previously though the hotel is 100 percent non smoking. They do allow pets and think there was an animal residing in 210 at some point. The bed was comfortable.
The decor is very outdated and I did call to see about getting one of the rooms that was already renovated. Was told there was nothing as the renovations were not complete. I really felt trapped in 1991 with the odd pictures and colors.
Couldn't take a bath as you couldn't release the little thing on the bath spigot. Only a shower.
No free wifi in the rooms, only the lobby. We were able to print our boarding passes there so this was good.
The pool area seemed nice but only contained a few chaises. What was most alarming was while sitting pool side, a little boy and his brother were roughhousing in the pool causing one to throw up. It was an accident and the father went and told the front desk. No problem. I have kids myself.
Problem is maintenance came and only took a net and removed the vomit from the pool (had floated to the inside portion of the pool at this point). We were in our room overlooking the pool and saw everything. The maintenance man also dumped the contents of the net over in one of the vinca/rock beds. Yuck. On the front page of my local newspaper this morning, our local public pool has been drained five times in three weeks because of vomit etc. in the pool. I cringed later when I saw a lady swimming laps. I understand this would probably be cost prohibitive and it probably goes on more than people know but I am really rethinking swimming in hotel pools because of this.
That said, I think when the renovations are completed, they will be awesome and will bring this hotel into the year 2013. Will stay here again but will never use the pool.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport Hotel Orlando
- Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Orlando Airport
- Sheraton Orlando
- Orlando Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the middle of the action at the Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport. We are just a mile by complimentary shuttle from Orlando International Airport, available 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.