“Average room but good beds” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #125 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Highlands Ranch, CO
“Average room but good beds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

We stayed in this hotel because it was close to the airport, offered free shuttle so I could delay renting a car for late night arrival.
Hotel rooms were very simple but we felt the beds were quite comfortable. Breakfast was good but wisked away at 9am--- a little early for my family and a Sunday. Wish they would have served longer. Make yourself mini waffles, bagels, muffins, cereals, Hard boiled eggs. Enough to fill you up.

Good value for a quick stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Niagara region
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

This was a great experience. Clean rooms and close to the airport. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance (e.g. TGIFridays, Chilis).
The pool was uncrowded and fun for the kids.

A minor incident involved one hotel staff. I asked her for some towels for the pool and she said she would send someone to bring us towels. We finished our swim an hour and a half later and still no towels. When we went to the desk, she got us the towels right away but I was unimpressed by her (other staff were much nicer and much more effective).

Their continental breakfast had waffles, lots of cereal and a variety of breads (croissants etc.) plus fruits, teas, coffees, more than enough to get us going.

Their hotel shuttle was efficient and quick.

Overall, a very good experience. Plus, if you like Chinese food, there's a small restaurant within walking distance called the Eastern Pearl, very good Chinese food, great service and reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stay here quite often and find it to be a reasonable value. The staff is great,very helpful whether we are there for business or to visit. The rooms are large and always cleaned when we ask for them to be-sometimes we prefer the afternoon or early morning depending on our schedule. Good variety at breakfast and kept clean;free computers in the lobby and a nice pool. One of the best hotels at MCO

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

I visited this hotel for a four days stay in July 2009. I was washing clothes in the laundry room, and some guy named "Sebastian" asked me do I have a room in this hotel. Innocent if the following fact was not available. Keep in mind that I have been staying here for three days and the front desk workers saw me coming and going the entire period. This hotel worker "Sebastian" (Not sure if he is legal immigrant though), asked me to prove that I was a guest and that I looked suspicious. I guess being black and standing with my wife in the hallway automatic equates into being suspicious The only thing that I was guilty of was standing outside a dilapidated hotel laundry room because the temperature was over 120 degrees in the laundry room. The dryer was not hooked up and heat and particles were recirculated back into the room. Sanitary right? Bottom line, if you are black find another hotel to stay in, they really do not want blacks here. Trust me. Call the corporate office and find out how many complaints they have.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
aliciacatubo, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2009
This is in response to the "Discriminates against Afro American" comment. As the General Manager it is my
responsibility to ensure a safe and secure environment is available for
my guests and associates. In order to accomplish this, we need to
ensure only registered hotel guest's are utilizing the facilities by
asking them for identification.
The couple was sitting in the hallway of the hotel, a guest phoned down to the front desk expressing concern about two people sitting in the hallway. Sebastian approached the couple and politely asked the couple for verification that they were guests of the hotel and the couple immediatly claimed discrimination against afro americans because they were asked to verify that they were guests of the hotel. There was no discrimination whatsoever to the couple by the staff or management of the hotel.

Howell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

I stayed here one night with my teen-aged son. I've never stayed at a Fairfield Inn so I was a little skeptical about staying overnight. However, it was free using my Marriott Rewards points and with the late arrival of my flight, it was a perfect opportunity to try Fairfield Inn. We arrived at the hotel after midnight and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel appears to be well maintained, the front desk clerk greeted us well and check in took about 2 minutes after I gave my name. There was a letter in the room thanking me for choosing their hotel for my visit to Orlando. The room also included a microwave and mini-fridge. My stay was quiet - no neighbor noise and I didn't hear any airplanes. To be fair, I did arrive after midnight so a country rooster wouldn't have been able to wake me up that night. My only semi-negative is that breakfast ends early at 9:30 a.m., but I do understand the reason why since most airport locations tend to have early risers. We were on our way the next morning with a quick 2 minute check out. The lobby was clean and has a stand up 2 computer business center. I guess the no-chair business center is used to deter guests from using the computers for hours on end. They do have free wireless internet in the room which I did use without a hitch. There is a TGIFridays and Denny's within walking distance. The hotel is located among a cluster of other hotels. I do recommend the Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport location when an inexpensive overnight stay near the airport is required.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Biddeford, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

We arrived on a late night flight and needed a place to stay for one night since our resort reservation didn't start till the next day. This hotel fit the bill exactly. Free shuttle was at the airport to pick us up within minutes of calling. Check in was swift and rollaway we requested when reservation was made was already in the room. Due to a delay in picking up our rental car, we had to ask for a late check out last minute. This was granted with no extra charge. Staff was friendly, breakfast was good, and our room was clean and comfortable. Didn't use the pool.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Dover, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

We stayed here on night when we got into the airport late. It was a nice hotel and the location to the airport was great. The rooms were clean and they had a shuttle. We were happy.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!