“Decent price but will never stay here again...” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7160 North Frontage Rd, Orlando, FL 32812   |
Ranked #156 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Winter Park, Florida
“Decent price but will never stay here again...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We checked in Monday afternoon to room 231. Mold/Crumbs in bathroom tub, floor. Yuck! Air conditioner was off. Called front desk only to find out that this particular Laquinta controls the air from the front office. The gal at front desk turned it on for us and told us we could control it via the in-room thermostat. Not true at all. We tried but it wouldn't work. Called again and asked to be moved. They moved us to room 129. The air worked, room was smaller but at least we had air. Room 129 is near the back of this Laquinta and near the exit door. All night long we heard the door banging shut, people shouting in the hallway not to mention the walls are thin and we heard simultaneous televisions from both sides. The people above us we think belonged to an acrobatics team as we heard every stomp clomp they did, sounded like they were bouncing off & on the bed! LOUD! Oh & the comfy pillowtop beds they advertise so often...LOL, what a joke that is! Pillowtop?? Maybe a little pillowtop. COMFY Bed?? NOT!!! Breakfast was not near as good as some of the Laquintas we've stayed at either. We've been a Laquinta rewards member since its inception and sad to say we would never stay at this particular Laquinta again. Once was enough for us and we couldn't check out "fast" enough to be on our way home!

Room Tip: Do not accept a room towards end of the hallway near the Exit door, that is where all the incoming/o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

415 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hotel was great, the staff was okay nothing special. It is located just a few minutes from Orlando International Airport. The price is very reasonable and the breakfast was very good. Quite location, great restaurants close by. 15 to 20 minutes drive to main attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Alamos, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for one night and found it adequately clean and cleanly refurbished. Breakfast was limited but good enough since it is included in the price (although I don't recommend the coffee). Unless you like the smell of smoke, make sure that your non-smoking room is not on the same floor as the smoking rooms. I would give it a 4 due to the value, but staying in a 'non-smoking' room on the same floor as the smoking rooms didn't work for me.

• Stayed January 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night. When my flight arrived late, I was told to take a taxi as the shuttle was no longer running. Naturally, I was disapointed, as the whole point in taking a place near the airport is to avoid taxi fee's. The front desk employee was very professional and got me checked in quickly. The room was nice. Breakfast was disapointing. Usual cereal, breads, boiled eggs. No yogurt or hot foods except make your own waffles. Overall, just OK. Probably better choices are available

Stayed January 2013
Medford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I needed to return a rental car by 9:00 a.m. and then catch a flight to Boston, so I booked the most economical hotel nearby. For $75, the place was a good deal. Gifty, at reception, was welcoming. Slept well in a comfortable bed and enjoyed swimming in the heated pool. Would have given it four stars if not for the dodgy plumbing (toilet required four flushes to achieve its purpose) and the fact that the fire stairwell was propped open, a safety hazard. I closed it twice and each time found it propped open again later. The room was clean and spacious with a nice big desk.

Room Tip: Room 215 had faulty plumbing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

In response to your request for feedback on my recent stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites at Orlando- Airport North.
My stay was anything but great. First off I would like to say the young man working the front counter did an excellent job trying to accommodate my concerns. I have never stayed at one of your hotels until this visit so I was just going off the internet pictures and reviews.
Upon my arrival I was greeted by the front desk personnel , who had just returned back to the front desk from assisting another guest who was having an air-conditioning issue. He then gave me keys to my room. Once getting to my room I walked in the bathroom through a set of French Doors. The first thing I observed was that the French Doors would not secure as they were intended to do. The next thing I observed was black colored pubic hairs on the bathroom floor.
I then went back down stairs and spoke to the front desk and was issued another room down the hall from the first.
I then walked into this room, attempted to turn on the air-conditioning and it did not work. The smoke detector was hanging off the wall and once again the French Doors to the restroom were broken at the top latch. The back side of the doors were also filthy with dirty hand prints that appeared to over time and never cleaned. Once again I went to the front desk and advised of the issues. The young man apologized again and advised he would over ride the air conditioning unit.
I had book this trip with my daughter and had the next two nights booked at LaQuinta in West Palm Beach and then my fourth night I was going to return to the Orlando hotel.
I cancelled the next three nights and stayed with other hotel chains.
I am firm believer that you get what you pay for , however I think what I was paying for should of been better than what I received.
I hope this review will assist you to make the next person's stay more enjoyable than mine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North? Share your experiences!