“Amazing staff, great decor, covenient and priced right!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #193 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
“Amazing staff, great decor, covenient and priced right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

From check-in on, the staff was so helpful and engaged. They helped us with everything we needed. Our plans had changed due to pending storm. I was still packed to go running along the beach. Eve guided me as to where to go and she even stepped outside to point the way and double check there were sidewalks. Great staff!! Of course the decor was updated, rooms comfortable and clean...but the staff is what brought it to 5 stars. From valet, to Melinda at bar and Eve at front desk. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
ccssvb, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear MamaBee77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words, especially about our staff Eve, Melinda, valet team and front desk. We will greatly share this feedback with our team. It was also very nice to read of your wonderful experience and enjoyment with the decor of the rooms and cleanliness. It is pleasant to see that you were able to experience the true Crowne Plaza in downtown Orlando.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Assistant Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I really liked this "downtown" hotel. I stayed with my fiancee on Memorial day weekend, room 319. You will love the rooms, they are like one room apartments. The bathroom is AWESOME. They have a shutter bus that gives you service on a 3 miles radius, including the amazing downtown. Customer service was great. Very pleaseant place to stay. I will recomend it to anyone, even families.

• Stayed May 2013
Laurel, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent three days here, drove my own car. VALET Parking in SECURE area is $18 PER NIGHT. The valet staff were friendly, courteous and professional. Tipping them was warranted.
Parking in non-secure area is $15 per night. You DON'T have to pay, you can park out on the street "at your own risk" (see crime link below) with limited or no street parking (see Google map). There is an "empty lot" to the east which was suggested. Would you risk parking your vehicle in an unsecured, somewhat crime ridden area?
Express Check In? that's a laugh. Maybe it was just the staff on check-in day. The staff on the other two days were more accommodating. Supposedly the hotel was recently renovated but it's just window dressing, plain and simple. I talked to people who stayed here years earlier and they said the ambiance was much better and the balcony was not for show.
btw - the granite counter tops in the bathroom are nice but the table is not level, so don't put anything on the counter that might roll off or that you want to keep dry. If counter puddles and wet floors are your thing, your in. The bathroom lacks bath towel bars/racks.
I don't think bars to hang towels and a spirit level for the counter, another chair/bench for sitting in the room is too much to ask. Oh yea, one more thing - the ice machine and vending machine's are located on the second floor AND only on the second floor of a 13 floor hotel.
The CROWNEing Touch to my stay here was the fire alarm that was set off by work being done in the conference room. We (several guests) had to use the stairs from the top floor. It would have been nice if half way down someone had announced over the PA system "go back to your room and YES, you can use the elevator." Someone mentioned the cause of the alarm was not fire but hot water . . . no doubt in my mind, the hot water here will scald you, use caution.
The message from the manager in the room guest book states if you are not happy with your accommodations to contact management for resolution. REALLY? Having spoken to other guest, it appears my situation was not isolated, it was "status quo."
If all this sound good to you perhaps you should consider the hotels condominium, cheaper by the month/year. Just know that there are better places to stay for less money, you don't have to pay for parking and the crime rate isn't as high as it is in this neighborhood.
Crime source - Orange County Sheriff's office - Link http://www.ocso.com/CrimeInformation/tabid/122/Default.aspx

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ccssvb, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Greetings Elias2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with our valet team. Your compliments have been shared with the team. Please accept our apologies for any other inconveniences you might have experienced while at the hotel; like the fire alarm. It is crucial for the hotel to follow standard fire alarm protocol to make sure we are not sacrificing the safety of our guests. Once the alarm goes off, consequently the elevators are also prompt to stop working. Fortunately, the fire alarm did not pertain to actual fire, but to renovation taking place in our grand ballroom.

Our ice machine is conveniently located on the 2nd floor to accommodate guest from their intimate floors with a quick elevator ride. Considering there are 20 rooms per floor, and each room is only a short distance away from the elevator that will take you directly to access ice and vending services for various needs.

Also, thank you for sharing the crime link above, it was very interesting to us. In fact, we decided to check it out too. Based on the hotel’s address, the location is based on two zones. Zone 1 is ORL14 and zone 2 is ORL42. When the hotel’s address is entered on the same link you provided, it shows in the search results that actually no property crime or robbery cases have been reported in the zones above. The link is something that can be beneficial for other travelers when shopping around for locations for future travels within Central Florida.

Once again, your feedback is valuable to us and we take everything into consideration as we continually improve our services.

Kind Regards,
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We spent the night there so we could attend the Paul McCartney concert and Crowne Plaza had a shuttle service to the concert. The room was very nice and the staff all wished us a good time at the concert (we were wearing Beatle gear). Even though we got out of the show 20 minutes after the shuttle service ended, they sent a shuttle to pick us up. This was the Sunday night show and the lounge was open until 2 that night instead of closing at 11:00 so all the McCartney fans could unwind and show off concert videos & pictures.
This was our second stay at a Crowne Plaza hotel, the other in Fort Myers, FL., and both facilities are staffed by courteous and helpful people who will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. Would definitely choose Crowne Plaza as my first choice for our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ccssvb, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Greetings Glen D.

Thank you for taking your time to share the kind words on the nice rooms and staff. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for giving us your positive feedback! Our complimentary shuttle service is certainly a popular amenity for our guests. Our shuttle service team work very hard to accommodate our visitors attending events at the Amway center, so we are glad to be able to accommodate you after the concert. I hope you enjoyed it! We welcome you to contact the hotel on your next trip back to downtown Orlando and we will be happy to assist with any arrangements you need.

Warm Regards
Assistant Director of Guest Service
Port orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed there because it is close the a concert venue. We had to wait for our room to be ready but it was by the check in time of 4:00. They upgraded us to a suite, which was sweet. They were full the night before because of the Paul McCartney concert and knew they would be full the second night of the concert. I think they should have brought in more housekeepers to keep up with the crowd, because after we checked in, the line at 4:00 was very long. There should have been more clerks to check in the guest, also. Not good planning.
The hotel had a shuttle to the concert (and downtown at other times) which saved us money for a cab. You had to reserve a spot, which we did, but someone got on the van before us and took our spaces. The driver didn't want to make this heavy set woman get out, so he said he would make an in between run and come back and get us, which he did.
The room was very clean. The suite was really nice.
While we were waiting for our room to be done, we went into the bar for a drink. The bartender seemed stressed and the bar was pretty empty. I think she was worrying about the "before concert" crowd that would be coming in. I asked her what beer they had on tap. I didn't really expect her to rattle off the dozen or so brands, but she just turned around, picked up a list and handed it to me and walked away. We had thought about eating there before the concert but her attitude turned us off. If she was that stressed when no one was there, she would have been really rattled with a crowd.
But the hotel itself was really nice and everyone else who worked there seemed friendly and were very helpful. Would definitely stay there again if we needed to be in that area.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. they will put you away from I-4.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ccssvb, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Ms. Linda H.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We get very nice compliments on our rooms especially the suites. Our rooms at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown are thoroughly maintained and offer the highest in amenities. Also, our complimentary shuttle service is certainly a popular amenity for our guests and it operates from 7:30am-11pm. Many of our guests enjoy being within walking distance to downtown’s venues such as the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center and the Amway Center. However, we would like to extend extra apologies on your experience with the shuttle service and we have taken action to speak with our parking team to better assist large late night events in our guest future accommodation.

We will also take your feedback and share with our Restaurant team as we continue to improve our service. Your feedback has been an asset to our hotel we hope to have you back at the Crowne Plaza next time you are in downtown Orlando.
See you soon for another concert and another relaxing experience!

Best Regards,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

From the outside the hotel looks kind of outdated but the inside is very nice. It's been remodeled to a modern look which I liked. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Flat screen TV, large desk, comfortable bed, nice couch/sitting area, and a small wet bar. The only downfall of this property was the restaurant staff is pretty slow. At lunch my family and I were the only ones there and it took a while to get our food. Then at night, it took a while to get a waitress just so we could get drinks after a concert. Other than that, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ccssvb, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Skimsoflo1219,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We get very nice compliments on our rooms. All of the rooms at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown are meticulously maintained and offer the highest in amenities, including tile floors, granite countertops, wool carpets, real wood furniture and much more. We do apologize the restaurant experience was not satisfactory as you had expected. This information has been conveyed to our restaurant manager as we continue to improve our service.

Our Bite Bistro restaurant also offers In-Room Dining which is available for our guests to enjoy their meals directly in their rooms from 6:30am-11pm. I think it will be something nice to try next time you stay with us. We hope when you come back you give the restaurant another chance with a new experience when you are back in Orlando downtown.

We look forward to having you back soon!

Asbury Park, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was in Orlando for a business trip and chose the Crowne Plaza for it's reputation and great price. The staff was very nice. They upgraded me to a beautiful suite. It had a large eating and living area with a nice view of a lake. It also had a view of I-4. The suite was huge and modern. It would make most NYC apartment dwellers drool. I would have given it 5 points except that it was so noisy. The noise from I-4 could be tolerated. It could be a white noise if no one honked their horns. The main problem is the train runs by hourly and blows its horn several times very loudly. I downloaded nature sounds onto my iPad and finally got a few hours of solid sleep by keeping my earphones on. Might be nice if they gave those away when you checked in. My other con for this hotel was the lack of complimentary parking. Orlando isn't NYC. People drive there. Free parking would be appreciated. I was on a business trip so I ordered room service both nights I was there. My first night I ordered the Maytag salad. It was very good though there was no avocado as described. The second night I ordered the grilled sirloin. It was very fatty and salty. For the price it should have melted in my mouth. I also had the buffet breakfast. It was fine, but if you're on a budget I do think $11 is pricey for some scrambled eggs. I don't think I'll stay here on my next trip to Orlando. My back still hurts from the pillows. It would be nice if they gave different types to choose from. I've stayed at other Crowne Plazas and I do expect them to be nice. This one definitely is. It's just too noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the train.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello APJrzGrrl,

Thank you for all of the details of your experience here at our property! We are happy to hear that your enjoyed the staff and that the king suite upgrade was so enjoyable for you. As for the noise problems I am so sorry that your sleep was negatively affected. At our desk we do offer white noise machines and ear plugs for guests who might be sensitive to city noise. As a side note, our property has been working on some great sound reduction technologies that will only make future stays more pleasant. The idea of sound machines is a good one and I am now investigating the possibility for guest rooms.

I have given your notes on the Bite Bistro to our Director of Food and Beverage. We have put our breakfast buffet at $8.95 for business travelers who are on the way to meetings or flights. We also offer an A-La-Carte menu with many great options (Mediterranean Skillet is a personal favorite). We will use your feedback to evaluate and adjust our Maytag and Grilled Sirloin entrees as needed.

Thank you again for taking the effort to give us your comments and for the appreciative statements. Your support will help us improve even more.

Best Regards,

Austin Allen
Director of Guest Services

Been to Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown? Share your experiences!