“Very helpful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #192 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Very helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights after surgery and everyone went out of there way to make sure we had everything we needed. I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay for any reason. Very close to the hospital.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris T, Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Comfort Suites
407 228 4007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights for a football game. The desk person has family from our own and my wife knew them! - small world. Room was comfortable, clean and neat. the Housekeeping staff needs some training as after the first night - the bed made, toiletries replaced but coffee cups left, and the room not tidied. We had a bit of an issue on the desk as a letter was delivered to me to be held for arrival and it took a bit to find it- or confirm that it had arrived. Bit of a scare.
Very convenient to Winter Park!

Room Tip: get a back room - we were 245
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris T, Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our on line survey.

Comfort Suites
407 228 4007
Sebring, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were in town to spend the night just prior to my husband's heart surgery. Needless to say it was a rather stressful time! The hotel is located practically across the street from the hospital and even has a shuttle service if you need it. The room was clean, with a very comfortable bed, pillow options and was surprisingly quiet considering it is downtown! The staff were very friendly and there was a Florida Hospital information packet available for us as we checked in. Since my husband had to be at the hospital at 5am we didn't take advantage of the breakfast buffet, but there is coffee, tea, water, and juice available 24/7. We actually rested comfortably and were both feeling ready in the wee hours before leaving for the hospital. While we were there for a non-fun reason there are several restaurants and shops nearby and many activities within walking distance. We would definitely stay again when we are in town for a more relaxing experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chris T, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

C0mfort Suites Downtown Orlando
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

First off, whenever I have to visit Florida Hospital of Orlando on Princeton/King, this is the hotel I stay at. It may not be a typical orlando 'resort' hotel but that's ok by me. I stay here because:
1) you cannot beat the location for the hospital - you can walk to the hospital across the street
2) the price cannot be beat. Usually I am a Marriott loyalist but there is no marriott nearby that is anywhere close to the rates for this hotel.
3) the parking is free
4) the rooms are a good size - standard room has sofa/desk and good space to relax
5) there is a fridge and microwave + coffee machine in standard room
6) free breakfast
7) free internet
8) good service
9) the rooms are clean
10) plenty of channels on tv
11) tons of cafes, etc to eat at nearby (within a mile or two)

Really you cannot beat the value for this hotel given it's location. Even though my company pays for my hotel rooms and I get points for staying at marriotts, I would rather stay here because it is so convenient. Give it a try if you are in the area and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chris T, Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your positive coments regarding our Comfort Suites. I am glad your stays are enjoyable and do appreciate your business.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great location for the FL Hospital, but I wasn't there for that. Not sure why I selected this hotel, other than location to my customer, which was about 20 minutes away. The hotel was clean, friendly people working there, the parking lot was small, but you could also park across the street in another hotel designated parking lot.
Breakfast was, eh, nothing great, but I'm really a morning coffee guy, not much of an eater.
I did find that if you go about a mile south on N Orange ave, there is a nice park, and a couple of restaurants down there. I enjoyed sitting at the patio bar at The Hammered Lamb. More on that in their review.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chris T, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at our Comfort Suites.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit with us again on your next trip to
the Orlando area.

MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed for 9 nights - and several family members also had rooms for various number of nights because we had a family member having surgery at Florida Hospital. The rooms were clean, housekeeping was very accomodating of our needs, and the sofa area was great when there were several us staying at the hotel - we could gather in one room and not have to sit on a bed! Thank goodness for the laundry facilities - we stayed longer than we anticipated, so we needed to use them. The breakfast was great - very well stocked and an attendant was there to restock as needed. Front desk staff was helpful - we extended our stay several times. The Business center was great - I needed to keep up with some work activites, and the ipad wasn't enough. Loved the free WIFI though! We used the shuttle service to the hospital - at 5:15am! They were very prompt and courteous. Even though we were there for surgery, we felt like we had a safe, comfortable place to retreat!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris T, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay ay our Comfort Suites.

I appreciate your business and glad we were able to make your stay a pleasant one.

General manager
Maidstone, Kent.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband was taken seriously ill whilst we were on holiday in Florida (From the UK) and admitted to the Florida Hospital Orlando right next door to this hotel. I stayed for 13 nights and my husband was with me for 9 nights following his surgery. I had no car (My husband did all the driving) so was relieved that there is a free shuttle which runs between the hotel and the hospital and is available upon request. Wendy's was right next to the car park and there is a 7 Eleven petrol station on the corner so I was able to get everything I needed. Having the fridge in the room and micowave was also very useful. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff whether it was getting extra pillows or faxing my insurance documents to the UK. What I needed most was kindness and I certainly got that from everybody we had dealings with. The rooms are a good size and I had a sofa for my husband to sit on and a desk where I could work. The showers are really good and the bath was most useful for my husband. The large King beds are out of this world -the best beds ever! The breakfast is more than adequate and we appreciated coffee being available all the time.
Whilst a number of people stay because of the close proximity of the hotel to the hospital this hotel is a happy safe place and we had lots of fun around the pool whilst my husband was recovering.
Yes there are no doubt better hotels in Orlando but not at this price and I doubt whether the beds will be any more comfortable.
If you want excellent value for money in a safe friendly environment then book this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!