“Nice, but isolated for non-business traveler” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Orlando Downtown

You added Courtyard Orlando Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Orlando Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   730 North Magnolia Avenue, Orlando, FL 32803 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rochester NY
“Nice, but isolated for non-business traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

A $40 taxi drive from Orlando International. $10 taxi drive from Amtrak Station. Lovely hotel, with little balconies (though not much of a view) and really nice staff. Easy-to-access free wireless in rooms. NO free breakfast. Rooms had a teensy refrigerator; no microwave. Big flat panel TVs.

We stayed here twice, going and coming from Tampa over Thanksgiving. Only one restaurant within walking distance -- although we found it to be fabulous (Trastavere).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

The bad taste in my mouth is from the $10 parking fee, up $5 from last year for the same unprotected, fenceless parking lot. I asked a manager about the parking fee and he replied it was a corporate decision. He also remarked that a lot of complaints are directed to the parking charge. The staff was very helpful and friendly and with the convenient downtown location, the overall experience was positive. However, with the amount of available hotels I will probably go elsewhere. The penny pinching rubs me the wrong way.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We collect Marriott rewards points and try to stay at Marriott hotels whenever we travel. This was our 2nd time staying at this Courtyard Marriott hotel and both times our experiences there were great. They have a nice large pool that is barely occupied that we took full advantage of for a couple of hours every day. They even gave us a better rate for one of the nights because the rates we got online were not as good. Overall a very good experience and great value.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Beware of the $10 parking fee! I booked the hotel online with priceline.com. I arrive in and checked in. I was asked if I was parking a car and was given a parking pass. I was then asked for a credit card for "incidentals". I was never told by priceline.com or the hotel, who had ample opportunity, that I was going to be charged $10 for parking. It could have been mentioned when I was given the parking pass or when I was asked for my credit card. Instead, I awake to find my bill under the door with a parking charge without notifying me or without my authorization. They have a fraudulent scam going on at this Courtyard to steal $10 from every customer. Most won't complain and they get to keep it. I spoke with the front desk and manager who refused to refund the $10. They tell me a hundred times that I was notified by priceline.com and a sign in the lobby, but I've reviewed the priceline.com website and invoice I received and neither mentions the parking fee. See for yourselves. In the morning, there was a sign in the lobby pointed out to me by the clerk. But that sign may or may not have been there when I checked in. Regardless, who wants to enter a hotel lobby and start reading all their signs. I am exhausted and want my room to sleep in without getting robbed. That's the point of a hotel. It was a nice, clean hotel, but please add $10 parking fee to the price of the hotel when you're comparing prices. It's not a good deal.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I enjoyed the spacious, clean room. Having a love seat (actually a pull-out sofa) was a bonus. It's nice to have something to sit on other than a bed or desk chair. There's no mini-bar, but the tiny market next to the front desk is open 24 hours and very convenient. (Beer, wine, soda, snacks, and some microwaveable items.) Breakfast is reasonably priced and fresh. The staff was pleasant and very helpful, storing my luggage after checkout and reserving a cab for me for later in the day. The lounge has two computer workstations and a printer -- great for printing out boarding passes. The location is great for doing business in downtown Orlando, but it's a good half hour from the airport and not really near the tourist attractions. I didn't use the service, but the hotel has arrangements with local restaurants for delivery to the rooms.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I stayed here with my family (wife and 3 young kids) for one night, and we were very happy. Everything was above average and the price was below average. The location is very good with easy access to I-4 expressway and downtown Orlando. 24 hr mini-mart and free i-net access is nice, too. I would do it again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We used the gym while we were there which was nice and fully stocked with waters. We remembered that later when we wanted water too.

Only issue was getting the Marriott credit from the hotel after the fact.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Orlando Downtown? Share your experiences!