“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Orlando Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Orlando Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Orlando Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   730 North Magnolia Avenue, Orlando, FL 32803 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #35 of 327 hotels in Orlando
Gulf Breeze, Florida, United States
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Courtyard on a few occasions. The personnel have always been the winning combination to make for a wonderful stay. The new renovations make it a first rate experience. The lobby is inviting, the rooms most comfortable. I am glad I have found a hotel that I can be comfortable and feel safe while traveling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for providing us with your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy the upgrades that were made to the hotel.

We hope that you will be back to stay with us again. Please call our front desk at any time when you are ready to make your future reservations. Thank you and have a great day.

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Weston, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

By all means a good hotel, Very clean and well furnished room, a little on the small side but good enough for a single guest or a couple.

Breakfast was a surprise, very tasty scrambled eggs with bacon cooked for you ( not from buffet), with freshly toasted bread slices.

The bad : for a sound sleeper or wear ear plugs this is probably no problem, otherwise walls are paper thin or have little noise isolation. The first night we had a "chatty" neighbor couple across the aisle from our room and I could hear all their conversation, late night, very early morning, Also, as the hotel is in downtown Orlando so are the train tracks ( 2 blocks away), and it passes through the nearby intersection blowing the whistle, it happened at around 11pm the first might and 9 pm the second night....expect noises from nearby construction sites and morning traffic.

Bed is comfortable, but sounds a little when you move around...my wife was woken up a few times from the noises I made ( the second night I slept with ear plugs).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your detailed experience at our property. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the new Bistro. The Bistro concept was introduced to provide fresh food options for our guest, without having to leave the hotel.

We understand that when traveling, you expect to have a good night sleep, without any interruptions. We do apologize for any inconveniences you experienced from chatty neighbors.

We would love for you to stay with us again. When you are ready to make future reservations, someone is available at our front desk 24/7, for your convenience. Thank you and have a great day.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The recent renovations were very well done and the facility is in top shape and nicely done. It couldn't be any cleaner. I never saw a single staff member (desk, maintenance, cleaning) that didn't smile and say hello. Every time. Makes for a nice experience.

I had problems with the wireless, which was frustrating. The network in the lobby was great, but in the room (we were on the third floor) it was spotty...and of course that is where I wanted to work. I kind of count on good wireless when I travel. Had this been a business trip instead of family it would have been more serious.

I gave the family party name when I checked in and asked if others had arrived. They said they had, but didn't give me the bag that was left for folks. As a result I took off for a family dinner at the wrong time and headed for the wrong place. Fortunately I ran into a relative and got corrected. My cousin called when she heard and when I got back they apologized when I entered and said the bag was already in my room.

So an error, but everyone makes those now and then. They responded well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Marriott and the Courtyard brand. We are very pleased to see that overall you had a great stay at our property. I do apologize for any issues you encountered with our internet service. We have recently increased our bandwidth, to help create a better on line experience for our guest. During your next trip with us, if for any reason you encounter troubles with our service, please contact our front desk. We will be more than happy to have our technical support resolve the issue.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope that you will be back to stay with us in the near future.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stay at this hotel for two nights each year while volunteering in the area. The organization that I am involved with books at this property due to it's close proximity to the event. I am glad they do. The rooms are well appointed, clean, and in very good shape. The room I was given this year had a balcony and a nice view of the skyline.

The lobby area is done very nicely and works well for groups or businesses. I say this because the lobby, which is quite large, is seperated into two main areas on either side of a bistro, and then further divided into smaller sitting areas. It is well lit, has a relaxed feel, and it's easy to add or remove chairs from another sitting area as needed. The lobby also had at least 3 flat screen TVs and they were far enough from each other that they could be on different channels and not be an issue, or you could just mute a TV if you were having a conversation in that area.

We used the meeting room facilities for breakfast and the breakfasts both morning were very good. I don't like scrambled eggs, but the ones here were good.

The area is interesting. It just off of Colonial Drive behind a bohemoth 7-11 that is clean, brightly let and stocks a wide variety of beer and ice cream! :-) It's in walking distance of downtown and is a few blocks from I-4. On the other side of the hotel is a nicer neighborhood. Right on Colonial, there is a tatoo parlor and a massage parlor. As you might imagine, some of the pedestrians on this section of Colonial seem a bit, um, ecletic. It makes for an interesting walk, should you chose to do so. Driving to the nearby asian restaraunts or the chains a little further down is a breeze.

If I had to pick on one thing about the hotel, it would be that there wasn't a nightlight in the room. We had to leave the bathroom light on which meant the loud fan was on too. A two dollar nightlight would resolve that issue. Maybe I will bring one with me next year. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a balcony that faces downtown.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing Marriott and the Courtyard brand. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Very refreshing to hear that our new upgrades met the expectations of you and your colleagues. Thank you for the suggestion regarding the night light. This may be something we can add to our supply of request items. We are always looking for suggestions on how we can make our hotel and services even better.

We can not wait for you to visit us again next year. When you are ready to book your next reservation, someone is available at our front desk 24/7 for your convenience.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The map location was good because of my appointments but as I turned on the street and pulled up I thought I made a mistake. Not a walking area at all The lobby was redone so it was ok. Not the typical 80s orange decor but new. I stayed and was surprised how nice the room was. Tall ceilings. New furniture. Typical courtyard. Only problem was the bed frame was really noisy and felt like it was breaking. No big deal. Until there's a nice reward program hotel in winter park ill probably stay here. I don't think it's downtown. More like the outskirts of downtown They should not be charging for parking. No space premium. Wish there was a Marriott in winter park.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Marriott and the Courtyard brand. It is pleasing to hear that we where able to exceed your expectations. I understand that while traveling you expect to have a good nights rest and we do apologize for the squeaky bed. Without your feedback we would not be able to research the issue, and make the repair, so the next guest does not have the same experience.

We hope that you will return to stay with us again. When you are ready to make future reservations, someone is available at our front desk 24/7 for your convenience.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here for business at Florida Hospital-wonderful, friendly staff; nice lobby area with starbucks and light menu items. Rooms are simple, spacious, clean. Internet access great. Would highly recommend for business travel and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your stay at our hotel. It is great to hear that you where able to enjoy the new Bistro, where we proudly serve Starbucks. The Bistro concept is a great addition to the Courtyard brand that provides our guest with more choices, freshness and additional healthy food options.

We hope that you will be staying with us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here while attending the Russell Bowl in December. We didn't want to be near theme parks and wanted to try a more urban setting. The staff and service here couldn't be better. The newly renovated facilities and rooms were first rate, in particular the gym. There is a 7/11 abutting the property so you can pick up food, drinks, etc. Two nice restaurants in walking distance were very good. Note; the neighborhood is gentrifying, but there is some dicey sections if you walk at night. Only two minor negatives: there was no easy or apparent way to connect a PC or lap top to the TV. Additionally when it was busy the combination cook, barista, server, and bartender in the bistro was overwhelmed (this a generic flaw in the Courtyard concept).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Marriott and the Courtyard brand. We know our guest have busy lives and we are thankful for the time you have taken to provide this feedback about your recent stay with us. Many families traveled to Orlando for the Bowl Game and it was such a delight for our hotel and staff to be here to provide a great experience for everyone.
I do apologize if the guest volume in the Bistro created an inconvenience for you and your family.

We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we hope that you will be back to visit us again.

Been to Courtyard Orlando Downtown? Share your experiences!