“Great stay if you need to be by the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #92 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada
“Great stay if you need to be by the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Stayed here overnight. The room was clean and it had a microwave and fridge with a mini sink. It doesn't have the 'new' Springhill decor but it was clean and it didn't look outdated at all.

The room had two queens (or it could have been a double) and a sofa bed. It's great that they have a divider between the two beds and the sofa bed.

They had free wifi and the hot breakfast was great. I really like their oatmeal. They also gave us two free bottle of water. You can also get extra ones at the fitness room.

I wouldn't mind stayiing here again if I need to be close to the airport. I couldn't remember if I hear the planes, I must have been very tired.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

The hotel may be wonderful... when you get in the room. However, beware, traveller! You may very well never see it. I had a non-refundable reservation, made on their own website over a month in advance. Got to hotel, reservation clerk says, "sorry, we overbooked." They did put me in another hotel, but I did not find it encouraging that this could happen in the first place. I asked the woman, "how could this happen?" She said, the reservation system keeps accepting bookings although they are full. So, despite the good reviews, you might want to reconsider committing to a booking at this hotel. I, for one, really hate coming to a place with full expectation that I have paid for a place, and finding that they didn't really mean it! OH, and according to tripadvisor, their hotel is 3 star, and the place they put me in is 2.5 star (Hawthorn, Wyndham, which is very close). Not having seen the hotel rooms here I can't compare the quality, but if your star rating system means anything, they put me in a lower standard place, and did not offer me any financial compensation for a price difference. Of course, this is extremely difficult to pin them down on, as the prices change day by day! So I guess they can get away with anything they want, attributing it all to their faulty reservation system? You be the judge... From my point of view, it looks a bit dicey.
PS Hawthorn was very nice but it seems to be closer to the highway than I had wanted.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Nice, clean and comfortable. Nice breakfast, better than most hotels. Safe area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel as a short stop before going to Miami on cruise.
Arrived at the hotel on December 31st/2010 we was welcome to the hotel by a very friendly and professional staff.
Everything was beautiful and clean – hotel lobby, rooms and location was great with a beautiful landscape and the lake, and restaurants in short walking distance.
That evening we walked to Chili's and celebrate there our New Years Eve.
It was great!! we got great service, delicious food and hats!!
Complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel was greatly appreciated, as well as the free wireless internet, coffee maker with complimentary coffee/tea in the room.
The next morning we awake to a very nice buffet breakfast with many choices, fresh fruits in a nice and pleasant breakfast area.
Parking was also free at this hotel – we rented a car next morning.
We love the hotel, the location and the surrounding area and will stay there again!!
Thank you everyone at the SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport!!

• Stayed January 2011
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Stayed at Springhill Suites In Feb. before a cruise. Had to get to Orlando a day early due to the snow storms across the country so had 2 nights at Springhill. Hotel was very nice, rooms were great, free breakfast was very good, and they have free transportation to and from airport. Staff was very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay a good one. A lot of nice places to eat close by and about 15 minutes to Florida Mall. Highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Saginaw, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Being a frequent visitor to Orlando, we have stayed at about different 10 Orlando airport hotels. This is the best. The room was spacious and immaculate. The breakfast buffet was generous and tasty (eggs, sausage, waffles, etc).

The staff was amazing. We arrived at the airport around midnight, and when we called for a shuttle we were told the next one was already fully booked and we would need to wait for next one. We were frustrated, but then delighted when the second shuttle came only about 5-10 minutes after the first. At the front desk, we were greeted by a very friendly Katie. Checkout involved dropping keys at the desk on our way to the shuttle.

Where the stay really became exceptional when I called the hotel the next day when I couldn't find my ultrasonic toothbrush I thought I had left behind. The front desk person Madeline made several calls to housekeeping to try to track down the missing toothbrush. The next day the hotel general manager repeated and intensified the efforts to sort through the lost and found items. To my embarrassment, I found the toothbrush myself packed in an obscure pocket of my carry-on. I felt the staff did a great job of handling a challenging guest situation, with continual pleasantness and courtesy. I only wish I hadn't created "the problem".

So....to answer your question, would I stay here again? Yes, in two weeks when I am next needing an airport hotel. Absolutely!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Kapuskasing, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

We highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay at the airport. It's within walking distance to restaurants. The breakfast is good, well set up, with plenty of seating. It looks like it's new and the price was amazing.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!