“Very comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - Summit

You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - Summit to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - Summit
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1951 Summit Tower Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32810 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Orlando - Maitland - Summit)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #264 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Longwood, Florida
“Very comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Excellent staff clean tidy nice rooms friendly just overall great stay the staff could not have been more helpful and a great location. Very peaceful and restaurants in walking distance very well lit. A great vacation

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

First off the staff was AMAZING! They are all very personable and sweet! The cleaning staff is very sweet and helpful! If you need it they got it in the matter of seconds!! The hotel itself was just amazing! I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends!

• Stayed August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at this Extended Stay for a period of 3 months this summer for work. The room was pretty comfortable for one person with a large comfy bed, reasonable kitchen (no oven though), nice TV, and bathroom. However, there were two large annoyances during my stay here that I have to mention for others.

One is the roach problem (and I am a very clean person). As another reviewer pointed out below, there seems to be a roach colony inside some of the walls of this hotel. Within the first couple days of my stay, I found more than a handful of roaches throughout the kitchen and bathroom areas. It was disgusting. I informed the front desk and they requested an extermination in my room. Even after the extermination, there were still roaches throughout the remainder of my stay. I do appreciate the fast response to my roach complaint, but the overall dirtiness of the hotel does not help the roach problem at all. I ended up setting my own roach traps, keeping all my dishes away from the kitchen tables (if left on the drying rack, I would find little roaches drowning in the water of the drying water in the morning...no one wants to wake up to that), and taking my trash out every night. Who knows how bad the roach problem would have been without these measures taken.

The other major problem is the internet. Internet these days is basically a necessary utility, ESPECIALLY at a hotel meant for long stays. The internet here, even with the $30/month per device upgrade, with very subpar. Internet surfing was pretty slow, YouTube videos take quite a while to buffer at low-def, and any online gaming will be accompanied by ping spikes. Just keep that in mind if you tend to be on the Internet a lot.

The other aspects of the hotel were decent. Front desk staff is generally very friendly (especially Chris). Pool and grill were nice to have. Lots of parking. Breakfast was pretty lackluster; I stopped going starting around week 3 because I got sick of the muffins, granola bars, and apples. Room service was decently thorough. Location is very convenient. All major stores you could want within 5 min, work was 1 min away, and theme parks are about ~20 min.

I probably won't be returning to this chain of hotels based on my 3 month stay. Cleanliness (lack of insects) and internet are very important aspects of a hotel for me, and regardless of how good the rest of the hotel is, if these conditions are poor then I am not satisfied.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from the noise. Presumably higher floors would have less bug problems but I was o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Front desk called to make sure room was satisfactory. I was really pleased. Very helpful. Room clean. I love the little oven and stove so you can save money by cooking yourself. Coffee makers, microwave, iron, blow dryer, and iron board. You get more for your money...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The space of the room was great, but because of Luis at the front desk is why us and one of there regulars that practically lives here he states said he will never come back because him. When you talk to him he is the furthest thing from friendly. First problem I had is I said I don't care much about room not picky just need it to be quiet, says ok. Thdn as I'm loading my stuff in room I hear we are next to 5 rooms of baseball players and 7rooms of soccer players. Then my husbands truck gets a hit n run in the parking llot all is says is oh it happens not even a sorry anything I can do to help?. The extended stay up the road off pembrock dr is waaYyyyy better. I'm sorry I'm not paying over 350 $ 4nights later and u tell me we can't even have someone change our linens out we have to do it ourselves untill we hit day 7!!! They also don't offer late checkout and there breakfast is horrible. There rooms are more expensive and charge u almost 11 $ in tax a night were others offer a room for 7 $ in tax n cheaper. NEVER STAY HERE NOT WORTH THE Money thanks to , breakfast horrible , luis front dek leader is an u know what .no late check out, more mondy a night thdn up the road, poor customer service, no housekeeping for a week. NOT WORTH THE MONEY AND IM NOT A PICKY PERSON . LITTLE does luis know this is what I do fof my job is write major reviews on hotels and restaurants. Thank you room 217 aug 1st -5th. You deserve to get fired and when your manager sees my review not onk y on here but directly to him and in newspapers. I hope you do because your losing business from new and old clientele.

• Stayed August 2013
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I just got home from staying at this hotel and I was not impressed at all. At first glance my room looked okay, but the longer I spent, the more I noticed how unkempt it really was. There was garbage left under the recliner chair, the couch was stained and ragged, there were stains on the carpet and in the shower, and I'm honestly surprised that I didn't find a bug or two in the room. While I was lying down I felt something scratching me and noticed that there were fingernail clippings left in the bed. Made me wonder if the sheets were even changed. The grab and go breakfast was really just that. It was a very small continental breakfast with coffee and hot water to make oatmeal or chocolate milk. A couple fruit and granola snacks and muffins. It would have been nice if there were at least cereal or bagels. But what can I say, for the rate that you pay, you really do get what you pay for. Spend a little more a night and go to a much nicer and much cleaner hotel. You'll be glad that you did. Definitely never staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had to choose this hotel because of a last minute emergency. The minute I entered I noticed that the air in the lobby wasn't working. When we were walking to our room the carpets in the hallways were dirty and it had a weird smell to it. I've never been in a hotel where I'm afraid to walk on the floors in anything less than my sneakers. The air vents were rusted and the couch was ripped and dirty. The pillowcases and towels were a bit stained and I'm surprised that I didn't see any bugs. I didn't want to take a shower without flip flops on because it looked stained and dirty. So glad I didn't have to stay more than one night because I don't think I would have made it. Please. Save your money and go to a better hotel in the area. You really do get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - Summit? Share your experiences!