You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6451 Westwood to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6451 Westwood
Ranked #228 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
pdx
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

Overall a great place to stay at a great price. I've stayed at some nice hotels in the past the W, the Sheraton, etc. to compare. I found the service here to be well above par. Some of the items in the room were a bit dated but who cares it all works and we had a fully equipped kitchen. The only aspect i didn't like was that the shuttle transportation to Disney was infrequent and the bus was overcrowded. If you stay here and want to go to disney it would probably be easier to rent a car and park at downtown disney for free and ride disney transit. Also it would have been nice to have a hot tub, it was too cold to swim in the pool, but i will be staying here in the future if i come back to orlando.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
fort ann, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

We booked this room through priceline. We were on a budget for our trip to disney and this hotel had free transportation to disney (also, sea world and universal). We would be in the parks for every day of our trip so we weren't concerned about having a pool or any other extras - just a clean place to sleep and eat. The bonus? all of these rooms have a kitchenette! Stovetop, micro, and refrigerator. That helped with our budget since we were able to prepare meals. For the price we paid (we did a name your own price) we were more than satisfied with this extended stay. Sure, I've stayed in fancier places... also paid for it $$$. If you are like us and just need a place to sleep and shower in between your times at the parks, this place is great! we didn't have a car and would have paid more than the cost of the room to transport the 5 of us back and forth to the parks. There is a small store/gas station within walking distance, a restaurant, and a plaza with a subway and a pizza shop... I recommend Flippers pizza!

• Liked — free transportation to the parks/ kitchenette
  • Disliked — with no car, there is very little within walking distance. the lynx bus does have a stop right out front, if you need to get around - the routes are easy to navigate and offer affordable fares
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fergus Falls, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

We found the best rate of any hotel in Orlando. Less than half price of competeing chains. I was a little susicious. But, as it was just myself and my son.... and we camp in allot of pretty rough places... ithought if it has a lock on the door and a shower it's good for me. The room exceeded my expectations... as nice as anyting I'd find in my hometown of 15 thousand. It was right across from the convention center... walking distance... Right at the Jct of the 528 and I-4. Very easy access to WDW, Sea World, universal... even JFK Space Center. All major highways are right at your doorstep. We found it with ease. Checked in after midnight and got a warm reception. Room was clean and well maintained. We had a full size fridge, stove, microwave etc and cable TV. There was a pool but we didn't use it as we were gone at the theme parks and attractions everyday. It wasn't the Hilton but everything a father and son needed. Maid only comes once... but this place really "worked" for us. Not too nice and no extras we did not want. When I return to Orlando this place will be my first choice for value.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Next to highway
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

Date September 15 2008.
I have lived in Extended Stay America for months before (Once for almost 9 months) and always liked it because of value you get here which is more than just a pure hotel. I stayed here for 6 nights (Sep 10 2008 to Sep 16 2008) and loved it. I get full fledged kitchen included which is best for me as I am vegetarian and avoid eating outside. I got Internet for whole of my stay for small one time fee. Location is also good here in Orlando as its 8-9 miles away from Disneys. Staff is helpful. They also give shuttle to and fro to Disneys which means I save for taxi cab. Rate I got from Sidestep was best. I will recommend this to all my friends and every one who wants kitchen in hotel room.

jignesh

Stayed September 2008
South Royalton, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

This is a basic hotel with no swimming pool or restaurant but it's easily less than a mile to the main entrance of Sea World. The rooms are clean and have a kitchenette complete with 2 burner stove and microwave oven and coffeemaker. The front desk staff that checked us in was very friendly and accommodating. Most rooms only have one queen bed but there are some slightly more expensive rooms that offer two beds. This property is located immediately behind it's sister property the Extended Stay Deluxe just off Westwood Blvd and a short walk across a skybridge to the convention center.

• Liked — Location was excellent to all theme parks
  • Disliked — Initially hard to find as it is located behind the Extended Stay Deluxe property.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

I didn't expect too much but it turned out allright. Walking distance to convention center, lots of parking, convienent to disney and universal.

Daily rental even included daily refresh service to change towels, make bed, etc.

No frills, no breakfast, no pool. Just a place to sleep and watch TV.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2006

I was booked from the 21 Dec through the 25 Dec for 4 nights.
On the 23 Dec when we came back to our room we found that all our stuff had been put in big plastic bags and dumped in a corner. When we tried to sort out the stuff we found some stuff missing. A $ 100/- note, some food items from the fridge and some cosmetics were missing. When we called the reception they said that we would have to talk to the manager and they could do nothing about it.

We talked to the manager the next day who said that he is not the manager but as the manager is on vacation he is in her/his place. He said he could not do anything immediately but would investigate.

For the remainder of the two days we were not intimated about any development.

On the day of checkout I talked to a lady at the front desk and told her about what had happened and wanted to know if there had been any investigation. She told me that we had been booked for just one day so all our stuff should have been out of the room as per hotel policies after one day. When I tried to show her my confirmation no. and the confirmation that we were booked for 4 days she said that she would not see that confirmation and I should talk to the manager who was not in office at that time.

During our four day stay there was no room service offered. No room cleaning, towel replacement etc.

It was a very sad experience. The staff was extremely rude.

Stayed December 2006

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6451 Westwood? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6451 Westwood

Address: 6451 Westwood Blvd, Orlando, FL 32821
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #228 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6451 Westwood 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6451 Westwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orlando Hotel Orlando
Extended Stay America Orlando
Extended Stay Orlando
Orlando Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6451 Westwood, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.