“Great place to stay while traveling on a budget” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #244 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
nc
“Great place to stay while traveling on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel is perfect for a visit to Orlando that is centered around visits to SeaWorld or conferences at the nearby convention center (less than 1 mile away). It's room rates are also a heck of a lot more reasonable than anything you will get at the larger hotels usually dedicated to these type of events (The PeaBody, Hilton, and Rosen). As others reviews have stated this isn't a five star hotel. if you want something like that you will need to look elsewhere.

But I just spent 8 days in this hotel and other than the first night (which I will explain later) everything about this property exceeded my expectations. I originally made a 2 night reservation for a King suite (which included a kitchen area, refrigerator, and den) but when we arrived on a Saturday a room of this type was not available. As a result, we were placed in a standard double room for that evening and offered a reduced room rate.

The next morning I spoke to the manager on staff, Kewal, and he was able to put us back into a King suite for the remainder of our stay. I also extended our stay for another 6 nights and he honored the reduced room rate throughout.

He exemplifies the definition of a manager who truly cares about his guests. This also extends down to members of his staff all the way down to maintenance.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a suite! They are worth the extra money over the smaller standard rooms and are much...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
gmwestwood, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando, Westwood Blvd, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear afarentino,
Thank you for taking the time to write your extensive review.I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.I will share your kind comments with all the staff here and look forward to having you back again.
Binta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Balch Springs, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

First off I read all the reviews on this hotel and decided why not give it a shot. We spent 3 days in Orlando on a Family vacation. We got in a little early then we expected so we thought we would have to wait to check in but we did not our room was ready and they also had our theme park tickets waiting for us... We were very tired from a long drive from Balch Springs, TX. We were hoping for a decent place. What we got was a lot better then what we expected the in room kitchenette was perfect which saved us a lot of money on dinners, the beds were clean even though my young daughter did find a couple of snacks tucked away in a drawer there were no bugs of any kind and the maid was very apologetic about the issue. Other then this we had a great time and would definitely stay here again. Last but not lease If you ever been to camp or any other place that serves breakfast you will be fine the breakfast is good everything from toast to pancakes. Just make sure to bring your own seasoning. This hotel has also been updated to include wifi in rooms and flat screen tv.s as well....

Room Tip: Get a room off the Parking lot that way you keep your eye on your car and there is no noise from the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear omm1028,
I am so happy to read that you decided to give our hotel an opportunity.I understand the difficulty in evaluating the mixed reviews and different perceptions and expectations of every guest.I am glad that you enjoyed your stay very much and hopefully come back when in town again.Thank you taking the time to let us know of your experience.
Janesville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Right off--if you are wanting a five star hotel, keep looking. I have stayed at some five star establishments. This is not one of them. If you are worried about it being a one star motel, don't worry, it is much better than that. I have also had to endure some one star drives.
I just spent a week at this hotel. I love the location. A short walk to the OCCC. Sea World is also within walking distance. The trolley stops out front. International Drive is nearby as well. Parking is free. That is a huge plus.
The pool is much better than most.
The staff goes out of their way to be helpful. Very friendly.
We also really enjoyed the large breakfast bar. Clean. Well lit. Overlooks pool area. Lots of window space. Bright and airy.
Our suite was very spacious. It had a full size frige. Nice kitchen area with sink and cooking area.
Combination safe.
Large sitting area.
Very comfortable bed.
The place even has a little store where you can buy a small variety of items including postcards and stamps.
Obviously, there is a lot to like about this establishment.
At the same time, it is dated. The restroom/shower area is well below what you would expect from a hotel of this caliber.
Our suite had two air conditioners. My daughter's suite next door only had one and it was in the sitting area. The bedroom was very warm at night.
The Wi-Fi works but is terribly slow.
The bedspread was stained. Yeck!!! I was afraid to get it next to my skin.
The lighting is poor. The restroom is almost dark and the sink area outside the restroom was so dim, my wife had a difficlt time putting on her makeup.
The couch needs to be replaced.
My wife and I are planning a return trip to hot and muggy Orlando. We would be happy to again stay at the Hawthorn. Maybe by then the hotel will have made the small changes that will at least move it to four stars. It does not have all that far to go.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Jackson,
Thank you so much for your honest and candid review.Let me assure you we are working on the minor details to improve the hotel and make the stay of all our guests most enjoyable.We hope you will be able to see just that on your next visit to Orlando.
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a very old hotel. The wifi is not in the rooms it is in the lobby only which was a big inconvience for us. The TV was outdated and kept cutting off. The maid was great but not worth the money, great location!!

• Stayed August 2013
gmwestwood, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando, Westwood Blvd, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Devon,
Thank you for your review.I am surprised to read that you were only able to get wi-fi in the lobby and not in your room.We do have 24hr support for any issues with the wi-fi and they would have gladly helped you out with any problems.I apologize for the issue with your tv and,again,letting us know would have rectified that problem too.
Kewal
Fort Lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Over all the hotel was okay. Very close to attractions and easy to get to it. TV in both rooms did not work properly but it did not concern us since we stay most of the time in the parks. The beds were clean and I like the fact that all the sheets and ever cover sheet were white.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Dear Kaila,
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us recently.I apologize for the issues with the tv's which I can assure you would have been fixed immediately upon your request.Thank you for letting us know of your experience and look forward to having you back again soon.
Kewal

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando, Westwood Blvd? Share your experiences!