“below brand standards” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #250 of 328 hotels in Orlando

488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay here, its a rip off!!! A/C was molded and mildewed..and I had at least three extra charges on credit card over three hundred dollars and I used nothing extra and I cleaned the a/c myself. Stay far away from here is about all I can say...it may be in decent location but not worth the hassle.

• Stayed January 2013
gmwestwood, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando, Westwood Blvd, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
Let me sincerely apologize for any inconvienance you encountered during your stay here.I can assure you our staff are here to make your stay hassle free and most certainly correct any problems promptly and satisfactorily.If there was any issues with your billing please feel free to contact us so that it can be resolved appropriately.
Kewal
West Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over Christmas 2012 into the New Year. We arrived on Christmas day after a very long flight and outside sat a young man smoking he said "checking in", we didn't take much notice, it turned out the smoking, beanie hat wearing young man was the receptionist. Although we were seen almost straight away the welcome wasn't exactly what I expected and not very professional. That's the thing with this hotel the staff are either really friendly or really not! The rooms were of an ok standard, nice clean comfy beds, ok bathroom. There was a small kitchen area which was dirty and the electric cooker should not be allowed to be used due to loose connections and faulty parts, this aside the kitchen was well equipped. Maid service 6 out of 7 days. The breakfast is a big plus, its complementary so remember its free! Good selection of hot and cold drinks, toast, cereal, fruit and some hot food such as scrambled eggs (which are served daily) plus another savoury hot item which changes from day to day. French toast and pancakes, enough to set you up for the day. In the hotel there is a concierge who can sort you with tickets etc he is very helpful and friendly. This hotel is off I-drive so not very close to bars/resturants but we did spot a resturant next door. There is a I-trolley stop right outside (passes available at the hotel) which will take you onto I-drive to a bigger choice of resturants. This hotel is probably suited to those with a car (plenty of parking) who want to use this as a base for exploring the local area. It's also good for people who want a self catering option. Not sure if I would stay here again due to location and service.

• Stayed December 2012
gmwestwood, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando, Westwood Blvd, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay.I am happy to read that you, in most parts,enjoyed your stay.Let me apologize for the negative first impression upon your arrival.I can assure it was not the clerk's intention to be anything else but professional and being new may require more training and I will most certainly address this with him.I hope you are able to give us another opportunity to show you our normally excellent services.
Kewal
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The worst place I have ever stayed. Carpet ripped on floor near main isle by gameroom. Room had dirt and grime in bathroom and kitchen. Dirt came out of faucet when we turned it on. Pool nasty and dirty after they cleaned it. Even workers hate working there wbe. I asked how they liked their job. Main entrance smells bad when u walk in. Weather strips loose on rear door. Someone is gkibg go get sick in that place. Planned on staying ghere 3 days. Cut my stay down to just 6 hours. Horrible!!!! Gives Hawthorne a bad name

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

gmwestwood, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando, Westwood Blvd, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am greatly surprised to read your comments regarding our hotel.I am even more surprised to read your comments regarding the staff who I can tell you most honestly love working here and to that reason have been here for over five years and many over ten and fifteen years.I can assure you we have ongoing,in-house carpet cleaning maintenance year round and pool cleaned every day.Let me apologize if your perception was anything else and I hope you give us another opportunity,at least more than six hours,to show you our excellent services.
Binta
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been in Orlando for More than a week, I booked firstly on Hilton Orlando for 5 days then move to this hotel, It just amazing, frindly staff, large rooms, complimentry breakfast and much more, You want regret if you staying for your holiday in there espically if you are family with kids,

The room is huge with living room, full supplied kitchen.

ALso the parking and Wi-Fi are free of charge,,,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
gmwestwood, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando, Westwood Blvd, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Faris,
Thank you for taking the time and letting us know of your stay here with us.We are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility.I will most certainly share your comments with all the staff who will be equally pleased that they made your stay most enjoyable.
Binta

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando, Westwood Blvd? Share your experiences!