“Brill basic and bad breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #249 of 328 hotels in Orlando
wigan
“Brill basic and bad breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Located at the quiter end of I drive we were a little wary but the transport links are phenomenal with a great lynx bus stop outside (including going to florida mall and disney) and the i trolley. The hotel is clean and you can help yourself to coffee any time night or day. Pool was great and staff were super. The breakfast was a bit off but just about edible and the village inn next door easily makes up for it. really adored it and was great taking advantage of the disney and universal buses.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in an ajoining suite and Honestly I can't complain at all, the rooms were clean, the staff were very friendly, the beds were comfy (and huge), breakfast although lacking in variety was suitable for being FREE (cereal, toast, pancakes, sausages, youghurt, fresh melon and yes, scrambled eggs) and if we were late for it or fancied a change you can easily head out to Village Inn (Vi) just 200 yards away. The pool and bar area were always clean and tidy with plenty of fresh towels.

Those reviews that slate the place either went their looking to complain or were expecting far more than this hotel could offer... If your expcting the Ritz then pay the sort of prices you would at the Ritz. For the price you pay at the Hawthorn Suites you get what would be expected and then some!!

Room Tip: If you want extra space contact the hotel in advance and pay for ajoining sites.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for a 14 day stay in September 2012 and all I can say is DO NOT STAY HERE. The first room that I was given was filthy. When I turned the tap on in the bathroom to wash my hand the water came out brown and when I came to take a shower that first night I didn't even want to stand in the bath in bare feet as it was filthy, they had glossed the bath with gloss paint and it was flacking. When I came to get into bed, well, I don't think the fancy cover had been cleaned for about 6 to 9 months at that it was covered in bits and I also found an hair in the bed on the sheets and it wasn't mine.

The following morning after breakfast, I will get onto that later. I went to reception to see if they had an other room, they asked why and I told them the problem, but they didn't seem all that surprised or bothered. They gave me a key to another room to see if that was ok. It was but still not brilliant, bath still gloss painted, but it was in a better state than the other room and the water was clear instead of brown when I turned on the tap.

Breakfast, well 14 days I stayed and all there was was Scrambled Egg, Scrambled Egg, Scrambled Egg and again Scrambled Egg, this was with a selection of Scrambled Egg and burgers or sausage. You could also have cereal and toast with coffee, tea, apple juice, OJ and water. There was again another problem all the staff were interested in that was cooking breakfast was talking at the back of the counter instead of wiping the tables as they were covered in bits from cereal and toast. This was served from 7am till 9.30am, which I thought was not long enough especially when you are on holiday as you were rushing to get down before 9am. I know that you are probably thinking well you can cook in your suite, well I wouldn't say that. The hotel advertises a well equipt kitchen, but I wouldn't say that either. When you walk into the suite you have a little kitchennette that consists of a 2 ring electric top, microwave, dishwasher (this never cleaned properly in the room I had), coffee maker and a fridge. There was only a frying pan and an ordinary pan and four knives, forks, spoons etc, these were stored on the top shelf of the cupboard, so if you are short you have no chance.

I would also like to say that if you have seen the youtube video then you will be really shocked when you see the real thing. There is no one to open your car door when you arrive, which I didn't think there would be as it isn't the ritz's. They also advertise that if you would like a relaxing night in then why not rent a DVD and stay in the room and they also say that there is a playstation in the room, but again these things were missing and there was not DVD's to rent in the shop at the back of reception, so I don't know where they wanted me to play the DVD if there was one available.

I went out one day and one of the toilet rolls had finished and when I returned it had not be replaced. I also started from the first room checking the towels before using and it is a good job that I did as I came across one which was clean from the maid that day and it had a brown stain on it, so I am glad that I didn't us that one. The maid never hoovered either for the full 14 days stay (they were supplied by the hotel as they were on the maids trolley) and I don't think that it had been cleaned before either as there was a toy under the bed when I was looking for something that I had dropped. The carpets were also very thin as everytime I walked into the bathroom I court my feet with the spikes holding the carpet down.

Please take advice and DO NOT STOP HERE

Room Tip: High rooms are always better in most hotels
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

hotel staff are so helpful and if you needed extra items like loo paper or tin opener it is no problem.the little shop was great for a mircowave dinner,ice creams or snacks and drinks and perfect for first night.housework was great never had old wet towels for long.the washer and dryer was so perfect as we stayed 3 weeks this time at just 2 dollars each to use.the only downfall is it is outdated but clean.pool was so perfected for my mum her used a wheelchair and me,whirlpool was so great to relax those muscles after those theme parks or shopping.i ride trolley stops outside and 2 stops to seaworld and 3 stops to aquatica,plus 14 miles of food,play,shopping and you can buy tickets at hotel.free shuttle to seaworld,universal studios and epoct,disney world.perfect location,cost and service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando, Westwood Blvd? Share your experiences!