We stayed at Marriott’s Grande Vista (MGV) from June 10 to 17, 2006. The unit assigned to us was a two-bedroom condo located on 4th floor in Building Number 85 “Christobal” facing the lake. MGV is a timeshare property rather than a regular hotel, so our unit is equipped with a full kitchen (with tableware and cookware), living room, dining area, and washer/dryer. Our party consists of four adults and one two-year-old child. During our trip, we encountered Tropical Storm Alberto and it rained heavily at times for a couple of days. We utlized the kitchen to make a few meals together and played some games in the living room. If we have stayed in a regular hotel room, it would not be possible.
Our experience with MGV was positive on the whole with a minor annoyance as described as follows.
1. Location: MGV is located next to a golf course on International Drive. It is 12 miles away from Walt Disney World and right next to Sea World. We tried both I-4 and State Route 536 to get to Disney. We would recommend State Route 536 since it is more straight-forward (just two turns) and faster (never congested).
2. Check-In and Check-Out: Both went very smoothly. It took us less than five minutes to check in and one minute to check out. Since the check-in time was 4pm and we arrived at 12pm, the room was not ready. The staff helped us store our bottled water and apple juice that we bought at local supermarket. When we returned to the hotel close to mid-night, the bell service personnel retrieved all the stuffs for us. We were pleasantly surprised that they have put the apple juice in the refrigerator although it was not necessary.
3. Rooms: The rooms were equipped with nice furniture and screened-in balcony. The rooms, especially the guest bedroom, were a little bit smaller compared to other Marriott timeshare properties we have stayed before, but they were still spacious enough for five of us. The rooms look clean as the building is new. However, while I was busy putting the stuffs into the refrigerator right after we first got into the room, I heard my wife calling for help in the master bathroom. There was a two-inch long cockroach in the shower stall. I killed it with my shoe. Three days later, my wife found another one in the closet, but this time it got away. I placed a phone call to the front desk. The staff apologized immediately and asked us whether we want to change to another room. Since I knew that our room probably was located in the best section of the entire hotel, I declined. Then the staff told me that she would tell the maintenance department to spray the room. I did not really know if indeed anything has been done, but we did not encounter another bug problem inside the rooms. Since the main purpose of this trip was to attend a conference, I also went to Disney’s Contemporary Resort. I saw a two-inch cockroach crawling on the floor just outside the convention area. So I guess bug is a common issue in Orlando during the summer season.
4. Maid Services: Since we exchanged our stay from one of the timeshare we own rather than paying for it, we did not receive daily maid services, which was a standard practice in timeshare industry. However, we did place a phone call asking for fresh towels while we were in Magic Kingdom. When we got back to our rooms, a pile of towels was placed on our couch with a note telling us if we need anything else, just give them a call.
5. Facilities: There were a few swimming pools, whirlpool spas, paddle boat/bike rental, lighthouse bar, a couple of restaurants, convenience store “Market Place”, and Activities Center on site. There were many planned activities such as fishing competition, paddle boat racing, etc. We did not use any of these facilities as we spent most of our time in Disney except one morning my wife brought our daughter to the playroom, and she has lots of fun there.
6. Noise: We did not notice any noise from the construction of the two more buildings at Grande Vista.
7. Wireless Internet Access: MGV offers free wireless Internet access. The connection was excellent throughout our stay.
We would go back to Grande Vista and recommend it to others. We also have taken some photos. Hopefully they would be helpful to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Universal Orlando®, Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld®, this 164-acre resort features one- two- and three-bedroom Orlando golf villas and three championship golf courses. Villas overlook a scenic lake and feature spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, washer/dryer, and a master suite with an oversized soaking tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marriott's Grande Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Grande Vista Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriott Grande Vista Orlando