“ANOTHER GRANDE VACATION AT THE VISTA!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #49 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago
“ANOTHER GRANDE VACATION AT THE VISTA!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

We have stayed at this resort and Cypress Harbour once before. I love the Cypress Harbour as well but nothing compares to the Grande Vista. The grounds are beautiful. The entrance into the resort is GRANDE. Before arriving to this resort, I called the front desk a week before to request a certain building(s). I asked for building 77 or 78 because when we stayed here back in 2006, I remember they were just building those two buildings and they were located in a perfect spot for me. And of course they were "newer". I am not a Marriott owner (at least not yet), so my request wasn't guaranteed. But of course, we received just what I asked for, which was either of those buildings in a corner unit on an "upper" level (nothing under 2). The view was beautiful. We arrived just when the weather was getting almost perfect again, between the dates of 05-29 thru 06-05. The first four days we had NO RAIN at all. Sunshine, warm and breezy!!! The last few days there was a bit of rain in the afternood for no more than an hour at most, then it went right back to being beautiful out again. The service was great. We stayed in a 3bedroom villa and whenever I enter for the first time, I have to do "my inspection". The only problems we had was in the second bedroom the cable wasn't working and the lightbulb on one of the lamps in the master bedroom was out. I called the front desk and within 10 minutes a maintenance man had the problems fixed. This man was so friendly. He gave us tips on where "the best" of everything was located. About an hour or so later, the front desk called to make sure our problems had been fixed. Great service. The only complaint that we had was on the last evening there, our neighbors just above us were really having a good time at around 1-2 a.m. in the morning. How annoying when you have to catch a 9am flight. We tried very hard to let it go, but after it seemed it was getting louder, I called the front desk and I guess it was taken care of, because the next thing I remember was the alarm clock going off. I immediately went into a major depression because I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE!!! I have read several negative reviews about this resort, but I do believe that where your villa is located and the newness or at least it being recently upgraded is a major key in having a better stay. From what I understand, all of the villas are undergoing upgrades and renovations, so I think this resort is only getting better. Keep in mind, this is a HUGE resort with a whole lot of buildings, so do your research before coming and ask for a recently renovated building. They have the flat screens and other little bells and whistles some of the olders ones don't just yet. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Arabic first
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

We stayed @ Marriott Grande Vista (Resort) 6/22-29, used this timeshare through Interval. We stayed n a studio, Villa. The studio was big n enough space 4 us, the mini kitchen was stocked w basic supplies 4 the wk, n could ask 4 more if needed. Superwalmart was just down street so could stock up on quicks eats. Recived pool n shower towels daily. The bed was so comfortable, that must b the Marriott part, LOL. Our studio, Villa was on the 2nd fl of building 79, which overlooked the pool, hottub n golf course. Beautiful Property n nice facilities. they have a nice bar n grill area called the "Copa Loca" where they have music lights n a ping pong table set up where people hang out. Ok tennis courts(clay) which i used daily. Fun activities, thats why i call it an resort. Most activities were complimentary(free). the best night was Tuesday, which they have the Polynesian Revue Show-Hawaiian Entertainment..Hula girls n an Torte man. Very nice property.. would recommend n stay again, also close 2 eveything.

Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Room:

We stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista on International Drive from May 21 to May 28th. We exchanged our timeshare through Interval World for a stay at this resort in a three bedroom.
We had three families consisting of 9 people, so each family had their own bedroom. The 3 bedroom was HUGE!! We had plenty of room, and the place was clean and had all the regular items found in a timeshare.
The master bedroom consisted of a king bed, two sinks, whirlpool tub, seperate shower, big screen TV, DVD, and a chaise lounge. Very large room and bathroom. An adult and a small child shared this room.
The second bedroom consisted of two queen beds, big screen TV, DVD, one sink and tub/shower combo. This room was a little small for four folks, but bigger than your average hotel room.
The kitchen and living area consisted of a table for six, large couch, and two chairs. It had a big screen TV with DVD also. The kitchen had a full size refrigerator and dishwasher, and had dishes/glasses for eight. We were supplied tissue paper, paper towels, dish liquid, dishwashing powder, and trash bags. It also had a coffee pot and toaster. Plenty of cabinet space for your groceries. We just had to move a few dishes around. There were also wine glasses, but no cork screw. The washer/dryer was the stackable kind, so very small loads only!! We kept it going the entire time!! This area also had a very nice screened porch with a table and chairs.
The third bedroom was a studio unit with a separate entrance door, but was attached to the second bedroom by a set of connecting doors and a foyer area. This bedroom had a king bed, sofa sleeper and a table and chairs for two, two ottomans, and a balcony with table and chairs. It also had a small refrigerator about half the size of a regular sized one. It was not your typical mini- frig, it was larger than that. It had a coffee pot and toaster. The bathroom was one sink and a tub/shower combo.

The bedrooms had plenty of drawer space for clothes and closet space was good too! The closets did not have many hangers.Each closet had a small safe for your valuables. You are provided towels, but they only change them out once during the week, so we had to wash them to have enough for a week.

Building:

Our unit was located on the third floor of building #80, the Main Building where you check-in. It was a great location. There was a huge pool area, kiddie pool and splash area, plenty of lounges and umbrellas. This area also had a Market Place to get a few groceries, wine, beer, souvenirs and snacks. They also had Krispie Creme donuts and Starbucks coffee. There is also a Pizza Hut and a small Deli type eatery in the buliding and a full service bar. The fitness center, playground and boat rentals were also in the building.

Location:

It took us about 20 minutes to get to Disney and about 5 minutes to get to SeaWorld. Outstanding location!!!

Negatives:

Pizza Hut Delivery was terrible! We finally had to go down and get it and they didn't have it ready! We got FREE Pizza for that one!

Hot Water: At night, we rarely had much hot water, it was only lukewarm.

Overall, it was a great experience and a great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

We traded our Marriott timeshare for this family vacation in Orlando. When we booked our trip we knew that we would have maximum Spring Break crowds and expected long lines and average service but we were pleasantly surprised. Only the day at Disney's Magic Kingdom was over-crowded and had outrageous lines. Most restaurants, shops and parks had fast moving lines.

The pools were great at the Grande Vista so we even skipped our planned time at the water parks (which were closed by 11:00 am daily due to crowds anyway). The lack of chairs was only an issue on one day.

Our room overlooked the Faldo driving range and was clean plus nice and quiet. The older model TVs didn't bother us as we didn't go to Florida to watch TV. We only used our kitchen for breakfast and snacks. We knew about the washer/dryer and that allowed us to carry less clothing on our trip.

The location was great. Right outside the gates from Sea World, 15-20 minutes west to the Disney parks and 15 minutes east to Universal Studios. Along the International Drive there were dozens of places to eat and dinner shows.

My 17 year old son can't wait to return. I guess he likes the concept of spring break in the sun.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I took my wife to surprise her and the concierge and front desk messed it up. They put me in the wrong room etc. Additionally, the AC did not work in the "wrong room" I was supposed to have a car reserved from the concierge but it was not. Good thing I had a backup plan with Avis. This club had several nice golf resorts nearby and sported the usual "Mariott Vacation Club" poor cleanliness and room odor complete with hairs and dust. The dishwasher did not work in our kitchen. The television was a 25" CRT old school tv. Astonishing that there was no flat screen at a resort. Mariott needs to focus on service and cleanliness in their vacation clubs. I love their hotels but the clubs need a serious overhaul.

Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

Wonderful staff, very attentive to the needs of their guests. Any complaints are dealt with immediately. Went to the Copa Loca bar and grill which is located right by one of their pools. Beautiful view of the lake and lighthouse. They had Karaoke there on Friday night with a husband and wife team. Never seen that before. They put on a killer show. Started with an idol singing contest and then had regular karaoke until after 9. The dj even sang a special anniversary song for my husband and I. Lots of props, and great song selection. Both the husband and wife team sing. Lots of interactivity with the singers.
They played the funniest birthday song I have ever heard for one of the guests. The karaoke monitor was cool, it had videos playing in the background behind the lyrics.
While we were there, we met a Canadian couple that has stayed at the Grande Vista for 8 weeks and they said they have gone to the karaoke show every week that they were there. The dj even gave out raffle prizes to the singers. The dj said that the pictures that the wife takes, sometimes end up on their website. I checked it out, but I didn't find mine. I guess they just put some of them on their website. Check it out at www.stage3stars.com they have the web address on their song slips that you sign up with. Truly the best show we've ever seen. Get there early if you want a seat.

De Pere, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

This is a beautiful property. We stayed here as part of a promo to try to get us to buy a timeshare (we didn't). The accomodations are great with beautiful grounds and facilities. Be ready for a fairly high pressure routine from the timeshare department (pleasant enough sales guy, just didn't want to take no for an answer). We did the whole Disney bit and rented a vehicle to travel back and forth to park (about a 15 min. drive). We had previously stayed at Disney properties and preferred that over this for the overall Disney experience.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Grande Vista? Share your experiences!