We typically choose our accommodations based on location to the theme parks. This was a great choice relative to its location to Sea World and Universal Studios. We reserved a 2 BR unit through Interval International for the 2nd week in October. Driving into the property you realize it is like a sprawling college campus and absolutely gorgeous. Check in was about 10 minutes per person so we had to wait a bit, but the great thing was there was no attempt to have you schedule a timeshare session or get your parking pass from the concierge. No hassles at all.
Walking into the room you notice that it is expansive and well appointed with a full kitchen and refrigerator. The kitchen is well stocked with everything you would need to cook in. There are also BBQ's onsite for use as well which is nice. The bedrooms were large with a King in the master bedroom and 2 Queens in the 2nd with each having its own bathroom. The unit itself is amazingly quiet and insulated from your typical hotel / resort noise. The only complaint was that the carpets were clearly dated and a little tattered. We were on the 5th floor overlooking the lake in the center of the property on which you can rent battery powered boats, or paddleboats. Prices were reasonable and fun for the kids.
There are several restaurants on-site and several pools as well each with a restaurant/grill for drinks and snacks. Each day there are planned activities for kids and adults alike and clearly spelled out for you when you check in. The fitness center is better than some gyms I have worked out in with each treadmill having its own personal television with USB/Apple/headphone plugins. My daughter and I spent hours playing ping-pong and Foosball in the evenings and were never bored looking for things to do.
We loved this place so much that we are going to make this a regular vacation in October. We liked October because the weather is great and the parks are not nearly as crowded as other times of the year. Our biggest disappointment was that we didn't stay nearly as long as we wanted to! Next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Universal Orlando®, Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld®, this 164-acre resort features one- two- and three-bedroom Orlando golf villas and three championship golf courses. Villas overlook a scenic lake and feature spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, washer/dryer, and a master suite with an oversized soaking tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marriott's Grande Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Grande Vista Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriott Grande Vista Orlando