This is really not a review of the Marriott property itself: beautiful grounds, clean units, and, especially for golfers, nice facilities. Our experience is based on arriving for a week using our Interval timeshare exchange. Based on availability and desire to see a bit of central Florida in mid-winter, we chose this property. It is close to Seaworld and a short drive to Disney World, but if theme parks aren't your thing, you also have easy access to the Interstate to go to other places that are, in my opinion, more authentic and interesting. Cape Canaveral wildlife areas and Kennedy Space Station, Daytona Beach, St Augustine, Tampa, and Ocala National Forest are some examples.
Checkin was efficient and courteous, but when asked the receptionist told us we had no kitchen in our unit, only a toaster and microwave. We were surprised because we have a 2-bedroom, 2 bath unit in Hawaii that allows us to exchange for similar units in Interval's system. We asked if they could upgrade us somehow to a unit with a kitchen, but Marriott told us they had no control over our booking and couldn't help us. I understand they didn't make the booking; it came from Interval's system. However, no traveler, especially at the end of a long travel day, likes to be told that the buck is being passed, and there's nothing to be done.
We went to our unit, and it was essentially a hotel room with a small sink area and counter to hold the toaster and microwave. There was a small fridge and we had a lake view, very nice. However, due to our disappointment, we didn't enjoy it very much, and called Interval the next day to get moved to another unit in another area with a full kitchen. This they did for us the next day and remainder of our week. In the meantime, I would say that, as a hotel room, the beds were comfortable, the kitchen area was convenient for coffee and light meals, and the overall property was very nice. Housekeeping costs were extra.
Just pay attention, timeshare owners, that if you choose Marriott Grande Vista and expect a full condo, you need to verify with your timeshare exchange service what kind of unit you are actually getting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Universal Orlando®, Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld®, this 164-acre resort features one- two- and three-bedroom Orlando golf villas and three championship golf courses. Villas overlook a scenic lake and feature spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, washer/dryer, and a master suite with an oversized soaking tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Marriott's Grande Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Grande Vista Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriott Grande Vista Orlando