I stayed here for 5 days after exchanging my timeshare. I went with some girlfriends for a bachelorette spa get away. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite and it was great. The beds were comfy and I slep well. The bachelorette however did not sleep well. She did not like the bed and stayed in the main bedroom (I stayed in the second bedroom). It was the weekend of Hurricane sandy so it was windy and apparently being a light sleeper the howling wind kept her awake. I on the other hand did not hear a thing as the second room seemed to be a different angle (you could hear it in the main area and master bedroom). Also, we were on a top floor.
The elevator had a mat that smelled like a rubber factory so we used the stairs the whole time. It was a good 6 floor workout:)
The facility has a lot of amenities such as a pizza hut, half size golf course, several pools, a spa, kids area and gym.
We ate at the golf course bar and the food was good. The bartender was very nice, attentive and personable.
We used the spa for a few treatments. The staff was wonderful and the spa itself was nice. They have a steam room (we didn't use it since it is like walking outside in Florida during the summer) and a few treatment rooms. I had a stone massage and a pedicure. The therapist was great and the pedicurist was wonderful. She even gave me a touch up the day I went home as one of my toes was cracked (I kicked something running around).
Now, here is the deal. In order to get to the spa you have to walk past the kids activity center, public computers and down the hall from check in. I had my massage in the couples room and the entire time I was there I could hear some wretched woman screaming at her children. They need to reinforce the walls. It was terrible.
Also, I know it is Orlando so it will not be a kid free environment but putting the spa right next to the kiddie corral was irritating. They did not put any thought into the placement. Even my friend that has two kids thought it was stress inducing. If she had her kids with her she wouldn't want a treatment to then be bombarded by her kiddos right away.
Overall, the stay was nice and the staff was really friendly. The rooms were clean (we did not opt for room service as it is an additional charge and we can clean up after ourselves each day) and were decorated well. I would definitley stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Universal Orlando®, Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld®, this 164-acre resort features one- two- and three-bedroom Orlando golf villas and three championship golf courses. Villas overlook a scenic lake and feature spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, washer/dryer, and a master suite with an oversized soaking tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marriott's Grande Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Grande Vista Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriott Grande Vista Orlando