“Marriott Grande Vista” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Marriott Grande Vista”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Well were do you start !! we have being using this Hotel -Time share fro the last 10 plus years and after last years holiday stay we said we would not go back.....we had a three week stay and used it for two weeks you seem to get pot luck with the rooms first week was great went away for another week and came back for the last week ....HELL !!! dont check in late at night you get what you are given dont have that room or that floor we are busy you know ?? well sorry if you work on the front desk you are there to HELP people Not just fob them off with its after 12 dont you know ???Just take your keys and sut up......the best way to tell people about this place is dont use it again WALK away i dont think we will go back ....NOT all Marriott employees are like that but it leaves you with a bad taste ...AND I DONT LIKE IT!!!!

Room Tip: Dont check it after 8pm you get better service day time
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Marriott's Grande Vista, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Marriott's Grande Vista. We apologize the (level of service) did not meet your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us. In order for us to appropriately address your concerns, please contact our Customer Care office at Marriott Vacations Worldwide via email at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Arabic first
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family and I just loved this place, everything was so clean, picture perfect in everyway. Staff was remarkable helpful and knowledgable. My two niece's just loved the place, was amazed how nice the swimming pools were, loved the candy store. The pizza hut was awesome, best I've ever eaten in US or Canada. Loved the lady who checked me in, sorry I can't remember your name. I will definitely be back with my family next year, we all can't wait. Keep up the good job, it certainly shows and very much welcomed.

Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just returned after a I week stay (June 22-29). After reading reviews I asked for Building 96, execllent location. Right by Nick's Grill and 1 building from the pool. Lots of parking. I also asked for a renovated room. We were on the third floor. We had a 1 bedroom.. just beautiful with screened in porch. We had a great view of the golf course. If I had to complain..they should keep the garbage in a closet instead of down on the bottom floor because in the morning most of the time animals got in the garbage and it was all over. We had no problem with cell phone or internet access in our room. Met some very nice folks. So easy to get to the Parks. Did some food shopping at Publix. Wish there was one in NJ. We had rain because of Tropical Storm Debby, but made the best of it. Put on our rain ponchos and we were good. Also the outlets were great for a rainy Sunday. All in all we had a wonderful Florida vacation. We highly recommend the Grande Vista. We would go back for sure!

Room Tip: Building 96. Close to pool and a quick walk to Nick's Grill and a short walk to the Main area. G...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We are Marriott time-share owners and we love the high level of service always encountered at this resort. Because we were actually working, we requested a high floor so we could get cell phone signal - it took a bit but Marriott was able to comply. This is such a big deal to me. This resort was at capacity this week, but were still able to met my requests. Then for the first time, instead of running from park-to-park riding roller coasters, we relaxed by the pool. How sweet it was to relax by a well laid out pool across from bldg 100! Low crowds, palm trees and most importantly quality time with family.

Room Tip: Remodeled, bldg 100 looks over the golf course, bldg 97 and 98 over the smaller pool and golf course...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My family just returned from another stay at MGV (June 1-15th).

I had put in some room requests because....well....why not? I asked for a higher floor, end unit or near the end, renovated and walking distance to a pool. The most important ones to us were the renovated room and close to a pool. The others were gravy. I also notified them that we would be an early check-in. I didn't expect to get them all but it never hurts to ask! (well, only hurts a little)
Problem with so many requests is they did fill them all! That should be a good thing but my greed sort of messed up check in day.

Our flight landed at about noon and by the time we got our rental car and got to the resort it was about 1. I went to the desk and was told that they had everything I asked for but the room wasn't ready yet (expected). I was told that housekeeping was notified that we were waiting and that it shouldn't be long. We decided to go get some groceries etc. Arrived back at the resort at around 2:30 and was then told it would be about 5 pm until we could check in?!? Um didn't you say that housekeeping was notified and what was that about shouldn't be long? (regular check in is at 4) So in the pouring HOT rain we debated what to do. They did finally take our frozen items and put them...somewhere?

I'm not expecting special treatment and do appreciate the fact that they were trying to fulfill all our requests but then don't tell me that it will just be a short time and that housekeeping was going to ASAP our room! Obviously we would have found something besides grocery shopping to do in those 4 hours we had to wait! Or at least waited until later in the day to do it! I'm not saying they lied to us but there was obvious miscommunication going on. Something we've never had an issue with in the past when we have stayed here. Guess that will teach me to be picky!

All that said we did get everything requested. Top floor end unit (2bd/2 bath) overlooking pool and golf course. VERY nicely renovated. We've stayed here enough that although things were the same it was nicely redone same. Granite, new, clean, comfortable beds etc. This was worth waiting for. Especially staying 2 weeks.

The one negative that was really missed during the renovations was they did away with the screens on the porches. (except ground floor) In my opinion BIG mistake! We had wasp issues our whole stay. Called the first day and they came and sprayed. Wasps came back. We ended up buying our own spray and had to use it daily.

We didn't do any of the resort activities this trip. More than normal FL rain days so when it was nice we were out doing the tourist thing or trying to fit in some pool time.

We were in the Ponce de Leon building which is where the pool we like the best is located. It is "the medium" pool. Usually quiet. Big enough for my little fish to do her thing (deepest is about 5 feet). We did wonder over to the "kiddie pool" area one evening. Very packed and loud. My daughter had a blast but it was a bit crazy for the adults in our group. Never had the chance to check out the others this trip due to all the rain.

Notable things: Although we only received housekeeping once during our stay (because we were staying 2 weeks we had it mid stay) we would see the carts cleaning rooms every so often. If we were out of something or just needed something extra (a few more towels etc) they were always friendly and happy to help.

Was told to go to another desk for "our gift". I just laughed and said no thank you. Next day one phone call with a polite no thank you again and we weren't bothered the rest of the trip.

Wi-fi, while it's there and it's free is horrible. Nice to have for sure but it was like dial up speed. Also cell phones were spotty in places. Especially data usage. Balcony is your best bet.

Will we return? Yes! MGV has always been my favorite place to stay while in the Orlando area. We've tried a few others and probably will again but we always come back here as our favorite.

Room Tip: Renovated. If you plan on swimming a lot ask to be near a pool. BIG complex so could be quite a wa...
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The resort is beautiful, the staff is welcoming, friendly, and helpful. It is difficult to focus on business at this location. It really makes you want to blow off meetings and sit by the pool. Which is their business model, so well done! If you are on business, I recommend taking an extra day to enjoy the benefits of the property. I did squeeze out a couple early morning mintues to hit some balls on the Faldo driving range, which was fantastic. Great resort! Take your swimsuit!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Franklin, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This place is a crown jewel for Marriott with a lot of space, many pools (both busy and quiet) and lots to do. Multiple buildings surround a fairly large "lagoon" with a footbridge connecting both sides. Even more buildings line a couple of fairways of the Nick Faldo 9 hole golf course. I played...very nice course. Scenic and not too difficult.

There are 2 large "busy" pools on either end of the picturesque footbridge. Each large pool area has a pool side bar that serve light bar-type food. The first one we stopped at was the Copa Loca Bar & Grill. Nice atmosphere, but I must admit – less than great service. You are welcomed right away and then forgotten about. The area was not busy at all and the wait staff spent more time filling ice wells and cleaning things than attending to the customers. We thought it was a fluke until we heard the same complaint from other guests at the second Bar and Grill, the Grande Cove on the other side of the bridge. Great service there. Sharon, Sean and Tia were great!

The general staff here is extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. Not in your face or phony in any way.

Dinner one night at Nick’s Grille was “OK”. Nothing to rave about. Our server, Doug, was very good as well.

The spa is top-notch. My wife and I each had 75 minute massages and they were excellent. Beth and Jenny were wonderful.

We are Marriott Vacation Club owners and this was our first trip here. We will be back! You can’t go wrong.

Room Tip: We had a 3 bedroom Villa with a great view of the lagoon. 7548 was excellent. Super sunrise view c...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Grande Vista? Share your experiences!