“Bad nights sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park

You added Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park to your Saves list
Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12101 Challenger Parkway, Alafaya Trl. & Challenger Pk, Orlando, FL 32826   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #124 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
“Bad nights sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Horrible bed, blankets and pillows so small that only children can use. The worst sleep ever trying to use these marshmallow sized things. Shower didn't drain either and the curtain wouldn't go across the stall. I'd rather pay more if it meant I could get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2012
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Pillows have been changed, not just in our hotel but across the U.S. Choice Hotels International has changed the requirements for the pillows to be used in all Comfort Suites - YEAH! So thanks for your comments and we do hope that you try us again so that you can use our new pillows. They are not only a LOT Bigger but they now come in 2 types per room - some firm and some softer. I also want to personally apologize for any inconveniences you may have incurred during your.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It is a pleasant surprise to be pampered in a value chain, like the Comfort Suites. The services exceeded my expectation and will gladly tell my colleagues to stay there whenever they are on business in Orlando.

The check in was seamless. The Customer Service Representative was friendly and helpful in getting me a room fast and in providing me with information about the surrounding area.

The bed is fairly comfortable, I would have preferred firmer pillows, but it did not really affect my sleep, I was just too tired to be bothered by it as the room is well unkept.

The room package come with free breakfast. The spread is simple, yet presentable. They do have a good choice of healthy foods available.

One lesson learnt about the location and the inconvenience if you are not driving in US. Cabs are expensive. Here are some indication: The location is about a 20-30 minutes drive from the airport. Taxi from airport to the hotel would cost about USD50. This hotel is away from the direction of Disney World. It will take USD90-100 for a taxi ride to Disney World.

If you plan to stay in this hotel and also plan to extend your stay to visit Disney World, a cost-sharing suggestion is not to do day trip but to spend at least one night in a Disney World Hotel. you will be able to take the Disney musical bus express from the airport to Disney World.

I have a wonderful experience in Orlando, it was made wonderful by people around me who extended their best services to make my stay a pleasant and Memorial Day

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Your kind evaluation of our services is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our entire staff. Our team enjoys going above and beyond expectations and everyone enjoys hearing they have done a good job - so thank you very much.
tallahassee, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I arrived at the hotel after midnight. We were exhausted from a long day of traveling. The night auditor met us with a smile and quickly had us in our room. The suite was beautiful and spacious. The decor was relaxing and the bed felt like heaven.
I left an item in the room and the staff quickly located it and mailed it to me.
I look forward to staying at this property again soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Once a lady left $500 cash in her purse in the parking lot and one of our staff found it and returned it to her - our staff is very good at returning items left in guest rooms to customers and very honest which as a Manager makes me very proud of them! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit. Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments of our staff and hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

After another visit to this well-run gem near the UCF campus, I wanted to comment that the staff of this property is one of the best I have encountered recently. As a frequent Choice property guest, you expect to have courteous, helpful, and friendly front desk people. But everyone I have encountered at this hotel has been great on both my visits here. From the GM, who I met at check-in to the housekeeping to the lady who was setting up the breakfast. All, were top rate.

I definitely will plan on returning when I go back to this area. Well done.

Room Tip: Great shopping and restaurants at Waterford Lakes shopping area just down the street and BBQ place n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
It is so encouraging to our staff to hear compliments about their performance, they work very hard and they truly are concerned about our customers. We all thank you very much for your kind words.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The service from this hotel was fantastic...you couldn't ask for a more customer focused establishment. My daughter had left some valuables in the room. When we arrived at the airport and realized they were missing, we contacted the hotel. We assumed they would ship the items to our home. Instead, thew hotel manager, knowing how valuable the items were, drove them to the airport to get them to us before our flight departed. I can't say enough about their friendliness and service. I weould recommend this hotel to any family member, especially parents traveling with their children for visiting/attenmding UCF.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Our entire staff thank you so very much for your wonderful comments. Our team goal is to exceed the expectations of our guest each and every day. We look forward to your next visit.
Nicholasville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I really liked my stay on September 24th. Te bed was very comfortable, the staff was awesome, and the fresh baked cookies were unexpected! However, I do have 3 issues. The first is that the pillows are TOO SMALL! They look like throw pillows foryour sofa! You get like 7 of them, but they are annoying while sleeping. Second, the refriderator made rattling sounds most of the night like pipes loose. I thought it was the AC, but listening closer it was the fridge and I finally had to turn it off to get sleep! Lastly, there is no ice machine on the first floor! I got ill in the middle night and needed some ice. When i wnet to the lobby to ask about it i was informed that I had to go up to the 2nd or 3rd floor. I had to wait on the elevator, go up and get the ice, then wait for the elevator again (it had decided to go to a different floor to wait for me I guess).

Overall I really liked the hotel itself and the staff. But those three issues kept me from enjoying my stay as much as I would have liked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for saying good comments about our staff and our hotel. You also mentioned our pillows and we are excited to anounce that Choice Hotels International has completely altered their standards on the types of pillows we are to offer, therefore we are now in the process of purchasing all brand new ones by the end of the year. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts and we will take every comment to heart and work on them. Please come visit us again.
Dunedin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I normally would give Comfort Suites a "5" because I've been to quite a few different ones, I have an issue with the one by UCF. We stayed there about four times and while it is clean, my small complaint is about the small pillows, but my big complaint is that every time we stayed at this particular hotel, there was spoiled food at the complimentary breakfast buffet. Every single time. We never encountered this at any other Comfort Suites. This last time it was the cream cheese, one other time it was the milk, the yogurt. One time the batter for the waffles smelled bad. I don't know why this is a problem at this particular Comfort Suites. Disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We are glad you like our staff and hotel but your comments about our complete full breakfast did cause us some concern. Haven't heard very many complaints about our breakfast. We are looking into this matter very closely because we may have a new person that is not going all out for our customers and that would need to be addressed. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts.

Been to Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park? Share your experiences!