“Nicest Staff I have ever encountered in a hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #217 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Philadelphia
“Nicest Staff I have ever encountered in a hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

The staff at the Courtyard Marriott were by far the friendliest I have ever come across at any hotel. From the front desk to the housekeeping to the breakfast buffet. Everyone that I interacted with at the hotel during my 4 night business stay far exceeded my expectations. Ricard and Nicole were extremely professional and did everything they could to make sure that my colleagues and I we were comfortable. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone traveling to the UCF area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
maxx6689
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

We stayed just one night here when we went down to Florida to watch the space shuttle launch and believe me this is where I would stay every time for that event. The room and staff was awesome and very nice. It's a really quick and easy drive to Titusville from this hotel and the price was perfect. And I had this sick 42 plasma TV in my room it was awesome!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocala, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

I was at UCF for a seminar over the weekend and I did a ton of searching to find that this was a very affordable hotel ($90 after tax for a Saturday night stay). It is conveniently located basically across the street from UCF but on a side road so as to avoid the busy-ness and noise of Alafaya. There is an Applebee's in walking distance as well as a few other restaurants, shops and a Dunkin Donuts (also close is Starbucks, which is great for us coffee-lovers!). The area itself is quite safe (or at least it appeared to be).

We checked in at about 5pm and the front desk people were extremely nice and helpful. He took my credit card then so I didn't have to worry about all that on my way out in the morning. I had done an Internet reservation and requested a room on the third floor and that's exactly what we got. It was a wheelchair-accessible room, which was fine with me but the clerk asked if it was okay since apparently some people have a problem with that. The other clerk told me they're actually cleaner than regular rooms since they're not used as often.

The room was fine but it did not have a fridge or microwave, which I was expecting. It did have a small TV and Internet as well as 2 double beds. Wifi is free but you can set up on the desk if you need wired access for some reason. There is also a recliner in the room. The beds were comfortable as were the pillows. One thing did strike me as odd, though: the comforter did not have a cover on it but was sandwiched between two sheets. The sheets were folded around the comforter so I didn't notice this at first, but I noticed after I got in the bed and started moving around. It's not a problem, just something that was kinda strange, in my opinion.

The hotel has an outdoor pool and hot tub (not too hot, though). It also has a microwave downstairs if you need one since they're not in the rooms. There is a dining room downstairs for breakfast but the prices were too much for us. They had fresh cookies by the front door which was a nice touch, and there was also a pantry that had some food items you could pay for.

Checkout was a breeze, I just told them my room number and name and handed back our three room keys. They had slipped an invoice under my door to give me a receipt and let me know my card was charged so I didn't have to deal with a line at the front desk at 8am.

Overall, it was a great value and although it wasn't perfect, I think it's worthy of four stars. I would definitely stay here again, without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

Stayed overnight as had family in the area. We lucked out with check-in clerk who was extremely personable and helpful, but we subsequently discovered he was the only one! Courtyard usually have great beds, but this one was tired and needed replacing. Bath towels were almost threadbare. We didn't need to get up early, and fortunately had the bar over on the door when the maid rapped and used her key to try to enter at 8:30 am. Front desk and management told us that if we didn't want to be disturbed we should have the do not disturb sign on - at 8:30 in the morning when check-out wasn't till midday. Management didn't care, so our next visit to Orlando east will be to another hotel, as we won't bother with this one again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Just stayed for 2 nights last week. I read some reviews and went in with an eyebrow raised. Was welcomed late as weather delayed our arrival. The front desk attendant was very helpful and friendly!

Room was a nice size for two days. Comfortable bed, nice desk/couch/work area. Internet was free and very fast. I was looking for a comfortable room at the end of each long day and I most certainly got it! Even though it is off of a busy intersection, you coudl barely hear anything.

Breakfast was nice. Lots of options for meals and beverages.

Only area of opportunity (and I feel this way about a lot of hotels) - when you turn on the light in the bathroom, the fan comes on and it is a bit loud. But, hey, I got over it!

Will most certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

Stayed here back in December 08 (but couldn't find this place on TripAdvisor for the longest time).

Clean, quiet and comfortable room. Internet in room worked fine. Also in biz center in lobby. Convenient location to UCF and the technology areas around it. About the only negative was the breakfast was a little steeply priced.

Could do a lot worse than this place for sure.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

After 3 other hotels this week, this bed was by far the most comfortable. The room was a suite, the living room area was much larger than a typical room.

The room was clean, the staff was friendly. The front desk has a 'market' which sells soft drinks, beer wine, snacks, even frozen dinners for the microwave. A basic breakfast buffet was available for a charge.

The coffee maker in the room confused me. It had no pot. Found out it is a 'by the cup' coffee maker.

The screen door to the patio was leaning against the back of the room. We had to keep the door closed to keep the frogs, lizards and bugs out of the first floor room.

Staff was available to bring extra bedding for the fold out at 11 pm.

The university is only minutes away. We attended a 'rock' concert there and were parked within 10 minutes of leaving the hotel.

Every imaginable chain restaurant is within minutes. Two large strip malls are adjacent to the hotel.

• Liked — Located near everything UCF
  • Disliked — Parking was limited but available.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area? Share your experiences!