“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #233 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times over the last 6 years. I love Marriott, but this property overall is average. The lobby and bistro area are chic and comfortable. The lobby area is inviting for conducting meetings and cocktails. The meals are affordable. The location is excellent in close proximity to the campus of UCF and all the research park companies. The rooms are dated and just average. The last remodel was focused on the lobby area and they did a great job but the rooms were not addressed. The wall A/C cycles in and out, so if you are a light sleeper it could be a challenge. There are ample outlets. The staff was pleasant, but I did not receive my wakeup call the last day of my stay. I am glad I used that as a backup. A staff member should always be at the desk to welcome the guest. I noticed about half the time, no one was behind the front desk. The in-room coffee and complimentary coffee in the lobby is just average. Starbucks is offered in the bistro during dining hours.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our new lobby and were satisfied with our bistro. I do apologize for the inaccuracy of your wake-up call and have brought your experiences during your stay with us to the attention of our management team so that we may address any operational errors that had taken place during your stay. We hope we have the chance to have you once again as our guest so that we may "wow" you.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

For 139 dollars you would expect a breakfast, think again, so try to get breakfast before 7 am on weekend , once again think again. This is a older hotel lobby revamped 2005,but halls smell, and room musty, bed sank to the floir and I am not a big guy. JUST NOT WORTH IT, LOOK FOR HOMEWOOD SUITES A MUCH BETTER DEAL. IF YOU aRE GOING TO JACK UP YOUR PRICES FOR ODYSSEY IF THE MIND COMPETITION THAN AT LEAST PROVIDE A EARLY BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
While we are pleased to hear that our location at the entrance of UCF was perfect for your needs, it seems that our "refreshing business" model was not for you. We do offer fast casual, fresh food options in our Bistro during set hours on any day of the week, however these are not complimentary. As for our lobby being revamped, the "Courtyard Refreshing Business" program did not begin until 2008 and our lobby was completed last year in 2012.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Staff were indeed very friendly, a highlight of the stay here. The swimming pool and spa were lovely. We had a decent meal at the little cafe onsite, although they had run out of sides and rather than telling us, served up the meal without, leaving us to ask about it and seek an alternative. I arrived after dark, and in spite of his local knowledge the taxi driver took me to the 2 other Marriotts nearby (both within a mile) before we finally arrived here! There was no obvious sign, and the address number 12000 was not easy to spot in the dark. Pretty confusing to situate that many in one area. The room was comfortable, but the lack of a fridge was a pain. Couldn't keep any food leftovers and milk (for tea and coffee) had to be kept cool in an icebucket. The location is incredibly handy for the university, and there are lots of great places to eat nearby. It's off the main arterial route (University Boulevard) so I found it nice and quiet (I was on the 4th floor). On a local note, I really enjoyed watching NASA TV while in Orlando. Would love to come back to Orlando, but I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff, amenities, and our location near the university, we are sorry to hear about your negative experience in our Bistro and that your taxi had such a difficult time in finding our hotel. We have discussed this occurrence with our Bistro staff to correct any operational errors.
For future reference, our King Suites are equipped with mini-refrigerators, however for those staying in our other rooms we do have mini-refrigerators available upon request, complimentary for the duration of your stay based upon availability. I hope that if you return to our area that we have another opportunity to "wow" you as our guest. If you do find yourself willing to give us another try feel free to contact us and we will be glad to connect you with taxi service whom we know knows the area well.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, your staff is great. There's just nothing special about this hotel or Courtyards in general. Its just a stripped down full service Marriott. The bistro breakfast is an interesting concept, but it takes too much time. It took me over 30 minutes for breakfast while the old buffet would only 15.

• Stayed November 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

After booking online, I was pleased to have someone from this Marriott contact me regarding any special needs. Having recent knee surgery, he suggested a first floor room. It proved helpful. The hotel is located very near the UCF campus. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. While there is signage directly on University Blvd, it gets lost on a large sign shared with many other un-related business's. There is no signage at the entrance of the hotel, which is hidden behind a thick canopy of trees which made it less than easy to find. The check-in was quick and easy, the staff was prompt and cordial. The room appeared to be well appointed with fridge and microwave. Unfortunately, the room itself was musty and stale. I thought turning up the A/C would fix that, and it did to a degree. My daughters sinuses started going haywire. I didn't immediately connect the dots. Only after a later closer look, did I notice entire valance was covered with pea sized dust balls, as well as the upper walls. Shameful for a Marriott. I didn't realize how this would impact my daughter and myself, but it did ultimately make us ill. I'm sure had we requested another room, they would have been accommodating. Only afterwards did I resent the shoddy housekeeping. Since this is a Marriott property, I'm sure this will be rectified. I will be more careful next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel was very nice and comfortable and they accommodated our every need well! A great place if you have a student at UCF, it is within walking distance and perfect for parents weekend especially if parking is an issue on campus for the festivities. When we arrived they offered us a goody bag with the schools colors and refreshments...That was a very nice touch. The rooms were nicely decorated and very comfortable with plenty of room to spare. Made you feel right at home. The hotel is tucked behind a large apartment complex kind of out of view from the main street...so when pulling in you have to drive further than the sign position to see the entrance of the hotel. Very quite calm and serene and a nice haven after spending a hectic time on campus for parent weekend. Staff were friendly and very accommodating they were able to confirm an extra night for us by checking all the time and making sure we would get the confirmation when a room was released or cancelled.

Room Tip: If the coffee service is out by the coffee counter in front of the main check-in counter go proceed...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Usually, you think a renovation of a hotel is a good thing. The Courtyard Orlando East UCF is somewhat the exception to the rule. While the new look of the lobby is nice and more appealing (I don't think the rooms have been renovated, just the lobby area), there is one major problem after the renovation: The breakfast area was now turned into the new Courtyard bistro style setup. Before, you walked right up to the breakfast buffet and got your food in the morning. Now you need to wait in line and then wait some more until your breakfast dish is ready. That can easily add 15 minutes to your breakfast time. So busy business travellers, plan accordingly.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area? Share your experiences!