“Comfortable good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios

You added Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7110 South Kirkman Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Visa Gift Card Offer
Ranked #76 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Comfortable good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel has excellent bedding. You also receive a Good Comp Breakfast that includes waffles with the staff very attentive cleaning after guests finish their meal. There is a very nice atmosphere with complimentary coffee at all times.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
It was great reading your review and I’m thrilled that you had such a great experience for the time you stayed here. We do offer all the wonderful things you mentioned and enjoyed while staying with us. Please come back and see us again soon!! We love having you here!

Kelly Hutchinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Booked 6 rooms for my party all various ages. Very comfortable room and clean. Location good. Breakfast was a nice surprise and provided ample variety inc cereals, waffles, bagels and breads. Didn't use the pool but looked clean and inviting. Wifi worked fine in reception buts seems to fade the higher the floor your room on. I was on floor 5 and worked fine but my friends on floors 6-8 got nothing. Strange.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you had a great stay! I would like to apologize for the internet service, but am glad that you mentioned it so that we can make necessary steps to improve it. If you are ever back in Orlando, we would love to have you back! Maybe on your next visit you will get to use our pool or relax in one of our cabanas!

Warm Regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I Stayed at this hotel last week while we were on our honeymoon. Luckily we only stayed one night. The front desk was very rude. The room was clean but the curtain on the window wouldnt shuy amd directly in front of the window was a huge light. I didnt complain to the desk because I didnt think it was a big issue. The next morning I went to shower and the light in the bathroom burnt out mid shower. Later at the check out counter. I mentioned to the man that I was not 100% satisfied with my stay. And he said I'm sorry, have a nice day. I preceded to say that he should know that the bathroom light was burnt out and that I had to shower in the dark and he said that he would let maintenance know....

I worked as a guest service representative for hilton garden inn and that kind of response to a guest would have gotten us written up. I felt that this hotels standards was lax.

• Stayed October 2013
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us, Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unfortunate experience and know that it is always our goal to follow up with guests in situations such as yours. We are very sorry you did not receive the service you should have while attempting to resolve this issue.

I am just as disappointed to hear about your experience. This is not typical of our staff or service. Please contact me directly so I can gather more details and help make things right. Again, I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel is very well located, with a free bus going to the parks. The rooms are large. Breakfast is medium, not having many choices. The rooms are old and not so clean. The prices are good. In general, an option for a cheap stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a restored room, with new carpets
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our free shuttle however I was hoping you could contact me in regards to the cleanliness issue you mention. These details help me to coach our staff and ensure every guest has a positive guest experience.

In regards to the breakfast we offer I am curious to see what other items you were looking for in our free breakfast since this is usually a strong point at our hotel that guests love! Each day we offer a variety of eggs, sausage or bacon, toast in white or wheat, bagels in egg, plain or raison flavors, muffins in blueberry, chocolate ship or banana nut, Danishes in cream cheese or cherry, cinnamon rolls, waffles, cereal, and fresh fruit. We also offer 4 different juices and coffee in regular, bold or decafe. These are simply the main items we have every day but also add other items to give the breakfast some flavor!

We hope if you travel back to Orlando, you will give us another chance!
Montgomery, IL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I generally enjoyed our stay. We were comfortable in the room and felt safe on the property. The complimentary breakfast, however, was terrible. The scrambled eggs were dried up little chunks of egg and there were no breakfast meats (bacon, sausage, ham) available at all. Stay at the hotel, but eat breakfast somewhere else!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a great stay. I have shared this review with all of my staff so that they know they are doing a great job!

Hampton requires EVERY hotel to order specific products and our hotel follows them and I am sorry about the quality of the eggs you experienced. However, I did want to let you know that your comments, along with many other guests, are heard and acknowledged. Hampton is currently in BETA test for many new options to our breakfast and hopefully we will start seeing these in all the hotels soon!!

If your travel plans ever bring you back to Orlando, we would love to have you here again!

Warm Regards
Glasgow, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The location is great if you plan on visiting Universal or Sea World. The room was clean and fresh towels were brought in daily. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. There were only two minor problems that we encountered. Our refrigerator didn't work very well and the bath room was a little small (you had to stand beside the toilet to close the door) but nothing that would keep me from recommending it to family or friends. I've also never seen a hotel that puts so much effort into a continental breakfast. For the week we were there we had everything from biscuit and gravy, omelets, fried potatoes, scrambled eggs, muffins, bagels, cereal, waffles, etc. This hotel will be my first choice the next time my family plans a trip back to Orlando.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; I am very glad you found everything you needed right here at your fingertips, we have tried to think of everything! I do hope your travels bring you back to Orlando and to stay with us again very soon!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Love, Love, Love this hotel. Every time I stay in Orlando I always choose this hotel. Not only is the location great but the staff is by far the friendliest and most accommodating that I have ever dealt with, and I travel quite frequent. It's unfortunate to see any bad reviews regarding this hotel, but then again it's hard to please everyone, that is why I could never work in the hospitality industry. I honestly couldn't write anything bad about this hotel even for a free weeks stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We love to have return guests and appreciate your loyalty to our property! We see many repeat guests and it would be a pleasure to meet you on your next stay with us. It does take a special person to work in Hospitality and I am one that loves my job and look forward to coming to work every day. We love to make people happy and that is what we call HAMPTONALITY!!

Looking forward to your next visit when you are in Orlando!

Kelly Hutchinson

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios? Share your experiences!