“We chose this because of FREE shuttle & we ended up using once only!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7110 South Kirkman Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early - Save 15%
Ranked #76 of 329 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hong Kong, China
“We chose this because of FREE shuttle & we ended up using once only!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I used Hilton group a lot and I chose this Hampton Inn because it provides FREE shuttle to Disney & Universal studio (probably only one among Hilton group, at this price range). Turned out the shuttle service is time consuming (60+min each way as there's a long route passing many hotels before going to theme parks), not on time (45min late in freezing cold ~11pm) & lousy attitude driver (no apology at all).

At the end, I opted for taking the public bus from my 2nd day onwards, which works OK. But this Hampton is very far away from Disney resorts. So I end up spending long time commuting by ourselves and defeat the whole purpose choosing this Hampton in the first place.

I feedback to reception the problematic shuttle service and he promised me passing the comments to GM. Unfortunately, I received no words from the GM after my 9 nights at that Hampton. That's disappointing.

It's a pity that the lousy outsourced shuttle service ruined the hard earned credits of the hotel staff. The receptions are cheerful, and breakfast serving & house keeping are all very very hard working.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with our shuttle services. Reliable transportation is an important feature here at our hotel and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. It is also our goal to follow up with guests in situations such as yours and I apologize for the delay. I would love to speak with you and help alleviate some of your concerns. Can you please contact me at 407-345-1112

Kind Regards,

699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here for 10 days in April.The hotel was pretty good, the staff were friendly and informative.The room was clean and well presented.The pool was not very clean and the breakfast was ok.The hotel was 5 minutes drive from Universal studios and was 5 minutes walk from international Drive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hi Kevin! It looks like you reviewed our hotel twice and was curious if you stayed twice or you were just so excited about staying with us??  We are so happy you were able to spend your honeymoon with us! Great to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean hotel. We offer a large variety of breakfast items and I would love to hear how we can improve on this. Was there something specific you were looking for? Please feel free to email me at kelly.hutchinson@hilton.com or call me at 407-345-1112, we love to hear how we can improve!! We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

For most of my stay I use Hampton Inn or Hilton Hotels, and I am always happy... But I will definitely not staying in this one again. Bathroom was smelly... My daughter found a dirty toothpick in the headboard of the bed!!! Disgusting.. disgusting... Rooms are smaller to the conventional size we are used to.. But I do have to admit that their staffs were very friendly and always smiling!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the cleanliness issue that you experienced and know that it is always our goal to follow up with guests in situations such as yours.

However, I am pleased to hear that our staff was pleasing to you as we take pride in providing a friendly and welcoming hotel to all of our guests.

Orlando, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Breakfast was lousy (overcooked salty eggs), over oiled potatoes Staff gave me a handicapped room and did nothing when I complained about the bathroom - water leaking into the living room. Staff was speaking in foreign language- virtually everyone seems eastern European.. makes one uncomfortable...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your review with us, Suresh A. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unfortunate leak you experienced and know that it is always our goal to follow up with guests in situations such as yours. We are very sorry you did not receive the service you should have while attempting to resolve this issue. We also received your survey and I have attempted to make contact you with via phone and email and awaiting your call or email as I would like to hear some details regarding your stay. I checked our logbooks regarding maintenance issues and didn’t see anything listed so I was curious as to who you reported this problem to so I can take appropriate action. Our Chief Engineer and myself checked the room you stayed in and were not able to find any leaks. I am hoping you can call me to better clarify this situation.

In regards to “Staff gave me a handicapped room”, I confirmed through your reservation history that we placed you in the room type that you booked through our central reservation center. If this was the wrong, again, I urge you to please contact me so that we can resolve this issue.

In regards to your comments that our staff speaks in foreign languages, we actually take great pride in this. We are a very diverse hotel and very fortunate that so many of our staff are able to communicate to our large variety of guests that stay with us. Our staff speaks a multitude of languages including Portuguese, Spanish, Czech, Estonian and Russian. While the majority or our guests find this very helpful when they stay with us, my apologies that this made you feel uncomfortable.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Booked this hotel for one night last minute due to the location being very near to universal studios! Very pleasantly surprised for the price. Lovely welcoming staff, excellent clean and comfy beds, great selection of coffee and good free breakfast! Free wifi and shuttle to the park extra bonuses! Will definitely recommend!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thanks for your great review and I am happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities including how close we are to Universal Studios and our On The House Hot breakfast. All Hampton Inns also offer our “On the Run” bags to our guests every day! These are perfect if you are in a hurry and don’t have time for breakfast. I am glad to see you were treated with our southern hospitality and enjoyed our accommodating staff. We love having you here and hope to see you again soon!!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great value and a clean room, just like they promise. However, nothing in the Hampton Service guarantee mentions that the bathroom should be fully functional. The shower head was so broken that the water coming out of it was minimal. However, a minor point and all-in-all I would recommend this hotel chain to anyone. Great location for Universal Studios, etc

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you had with our shower head and know that it is always our goal to follow up with guests in situations such as yours. I was hoping you could contact me with your room number so I can follow up on this issue.

However, I am happy to see you enjoyed our great location, clean rooms and great value.

Senoia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Ft Lauderdale. As always, we found the Hampton Inn clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast bar was well stocked and snacks available for the kids. There were nice amenities although we did not use them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your great review and I am happy to see you enjoyed how clean and comfortable our Cloud 9 bedding is. Our breakfast does offer many great choices and glad to see you were pleased with them. Our suite shop also has many options to please even the pickiest of snackers! We love having you here and hope to see you again soon!!

Kelly Hutchinson

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios? Share your experiences!