“Lousy breakfast, Staff does not care” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7110 South Kirkman Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early - Save 15%
Ranked #73 of 327 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, United States
“Lousy breakfast, Staff does not care”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Breakfast was lousy (overcooked salty eggs), over oiled potatoes Staff gave me a handicapped room and did nothing when I complained about the bathroom - water leaking into the living room. Staff was speaking in foreign language- virtually everyone seems eastern European.. makes one uncomfortable...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us, Suresh A. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unfortunate leak you experienced and know that it is always our goal to follow up with guests in situations such as yours. We are very sorry you did not receive the service you should have while attempting to resolve this issue. We also received your survey and I have attempted to make contact you with via phone and email and awaiting your call or email as I would like to hear some details regarding your stay. I checked our logbooks regarding maintenance issues and didn’t see anything listed so I was curious as to who you reported this problem to so I can take appropriate action. Our Chief Engineer and myself checked the room you stayed in and were not able to find any leaks. I am hoping you can call me to better clarify this situation.

In regards to “Staff gave me a handicapped room”, I confirmed through your reservation history that we placed you in the room type that you booked through our central reservation center. If this was the wrong, again, I urge you to please contact me so that we can resolve this issue.

In regards to your comments that our staff speaks in foreign languages, we actually take great pride in this. We are a very diverse hotel and very fortunate that so many of our staff are able to communicate to our large variety of guests that stay with us. Our staff speaks a multitude of languages including Portuguese, Spanish, Czech, Estonian and Russian. While the majority or our guests find this very helpful when they stay with us, my apologies that this made you feel uncomfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to speaking with you.

829 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Booked this hotel for one night last minute due to the location being very near to universal studios! Very pleasantly surprised for the price. Lovely welcoming staff, excellent clean and comfy beds, great selection of coffee and good free breakfast! Free wifi and shuttle to the park extra bonuses! Will definitely recommend!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thanks for your great review and I am happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities including how close we are to Universal Studios and our On The House Hot breakfast. All Hampton Inns also offer our “On the Run” bags to our guests every day! These are perfect if you are in a hurry and don’t have time for breakfast. I am glad to see you were treated with our southern hospitality and enjoyed our accommodating staff. We love having you here and hope to see you again soon!!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great value and a clean room, just like they promise. However, nothing in the Hampton Service guarantee mentions that the bathroom should be fully functional. The shower head was so broken that the water coming out of it was minimal. However, a minor point and all-in-all I would recommend this hotel chain to anyone. Great location for Universal Studios, etc

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you had with our shower head and know that it is always our goal to follow up with guests in situations such as yours. I was hoping you could contact me with your room number so I can follow up on this issue.

However, I am happy to see you enjoyed our great location, clean rooms and great value.
Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to speaking with you.

Senoia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Ft Lauderdale. As always, we found the Hampton Inn clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast bar was well stocked and snacks available for the kids. There were nice amenities although we did not use them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your great review and I am happy to see you enjoyed how clean and comfortable our Cloud 9 bedding is. Our breakfast does offer many great choices and glad to see you were pleased with them. Our suite shop also has many options to please even the pickiest of snackers! We love having you here and hope to see you again soon!!

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This Hampton Inn provided excellent beds and great service just like I expect from a Hampton. This property has a bit of age on it, though. One of the amenities that I have come to expect from a Hampton is silence. Usually not a noise can be heard from the hall once the door has been closed. This hotel was a little less noise proof than that. I could hear the elevator ding until late in the night. Also the age has caused some degradation of the bathroom. Not too bad just not as large or as nice as I have come to expect.

Like Many Hamptons the Breakfast here was only adequate. The attendant kept moving so any quality issues were in the food and not the service.

I might stay here again if it was convenient, but I expect this will either need a renovation or a downgrade of its brand within a couple of years.

The biggest complaint I had was that the hotel did not offer secure wireless. I can't imagine a hotel at this price point without that amenity.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevators. The dinging is very audible from the beds.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thanks for your review and I am happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities including our Hamptonality service, comfy beds and On The House Hot breakfast. I am glad to see you were treated with our southern hospitality and enjoyed our accommodating staff.
In regards to the age of our hotel, we take great pride in staying within Hampton Brand guidelines and just completed a full first floor renovation. Many new plans in the works for this property as we like to keep everything fresh and what our guests come to expect from Hampton. I am curious about your room and the noise you mentioned. We do have just a few rooms close to the elevator however on a positive note, we have MANY rooms further away that are quieter.
My only concern about your review was that our wireless was not secure?? Although many other hotels require you to pay for wifi, ours is free and also requires an access code to Log In. I was hoping you could contact me for more details on this. We hope to see you back again soon!!
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Everything was great. Location, cleanliness, people at front desk. The best to me was the coffee available all time hot and free. The area of the breakfast is a litle small and sometimes we have to wait for a table available to have the breakfast, depends the time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! Our staff loves to help guest and are always full of information to share. We always provide a clean and comfortable room and glad you enjoyed the coffee. I see you mentioned there was a wait for breakfast, and was curious to see if you realized there were three large sections to dine in? Since our renovation it is rare that we have had anyone have to wait for a table. Hope to see you on your next visit to Orlando!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a reservation at another hotel up the road that did not provide us connecting rooms. We called the Hampton and they were able to accommodate us for all three nights. We left the other hotel and never looked back! The service and front desk staff are WONDERFUL! The breakfast is free and there is plenty of food: eggs, bagels, pastries, cereal, fresh fruit, and waffles. Kids and adults will love it. Close to Universal Studios and wet and wild- plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed April 2013
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your great review!! We love to take care of our guests and always go out of our way to do so! Just another way we serve up some Hamptonality!! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kelly Hutchinson

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando-S. Of Universal Studios? Share your experiences!