Let me start by warning you not to stay at this poorly run hotel, my family had a terrible experience. We were so excited to book a queen suite in June for our December trip to Disney. We arrived at the hotel, absolutely none of the employees were friendly, after checking in, and receiving our room keys we were called to the guest services counter by a hotel employee who literally harassed us about timeshare they were selling for discounted disney tickets. After telling the man several times we were not interested we went to our room on the fifth floor to get settled in, only to walk into a suite that smelled like rotten broccoli. It was disgusting, all the appliances are old, the hotel is old, and poorly maintained. The hallways smell like mildew, housekeeping never restocked complimentary coffee, which after seeing the water come out of the faucet that looked like milk, I was completely satisfied with skipping my morning coffee, housekeeping did not clean the room,the towels are cheap, they look like rags, hotel shuttles do not run on convenient times, the complimentary hot breakfast was nasty, it looked like dog food, with stale donuts, they offer bread to make toast, but the toaster was so old it didn't work, no fresh fruit, juice was not fresh, the plates were dirty, then the hotel staff stood around looking at you, not one of them ever smiled or greeted you, they consistently failed at any hotel hospitality. On the 3rd day we got up to shower, and the water was turned off to the entire hotel because of a water leak that flooded the 1 st floor, I called the front desk to find out what happened, and they never apologized for the inconvenience, nor did they have any idea, or suggestions of how we could even get water to brush our teeth. I was utterly amazed with the consistent bad service, the media room did not function, yet it charged me twice for computer usage. I was so glad to leave this hotel yesterday, and head home, I feel sorry for anyone who was checking in, as the entire lobby was smelly, it was hard to breathe in the hotel because of the water leak, and all they did was put fans in the hallway to try and dry ithe carpet, there was a large basket filled with dirty water sitting in the hallway by the elevator for 2 days, no one was concerned with cleaning it up! Did I mention the hotel employee also accused my son of stealing another guest hat, it was completely ridiculous. Save yourself a great disappointment, and stay somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5 minutes to Universal Orlando Resort featuring executive guest rooms and one bedroom suites. One bedroom suites come with fully equipped kitchens, separate dining and living rooms. All of our suites have been outfitted with the new "Sweet Suite Bedding" package. Outdoor heated pool & jacuzzi to relax in. Complimentary scheduled transport to major parks and free breakfast. staySky Suites I-Drive Orlando is now certified as part of the Florida Green Lodging Program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Universal Hotel Orlando
- Universal Studios Hawthorn Suites
- Hawthorn Suites Orlando
- Orlando Hawthorn Suites