“WARNING! DO NOT STAY HERE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando

You added StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando to your Saves list
StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7601 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Universal)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #166 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Spring, Texas
“WARNING! DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Let me start by warning you not to stay at this poorly run hotel, my family had a terrible experience. We were so excited to book a queen suite in June for our December trip to Disney. We arrived at the hotel, absolutely none of the employees were friendly, after checking in, and receiving our room keys we were called to the guest services counter by a hotel employee who literally harassed us about timeshare they were selling for discounted disney tickets. After telling the man several times we were not interested we went to our room on the fifth floor to get settled in, only to walk into a suite that smelled like rotten broccoli. It was disgusting, all the appliances are old, the hotel is old, and poorly maintained. The hallways smell like mildew, housekeeping never restocked complimentary coffee, which after seeing the water come out of the faucet that looked like milk, I was completely satisfied with skipping my morning coffee, housekeeping did not clean the room,the towels are cheap, they look like rags, hotel shuttles do not run on convenient times, the complimentary hot breakfast was nasty, it looked like dog food, with stale donuts, they offer bread to make toast, but the toaster was so old it didn't work, no fresh fruit, juice was not fresh, the plates were dirty, then the hotel staff stood around looking at you, not one of them ever smiled or greeted you, they consistently failed at any hotel hospitality. On the 3rd day we got up to shower, and the water was turned off to the entire hotel because of a water leak that flooded the 1 st floor, I called the front desk to find out what happened, and they never apologized for the inconvenience, nor did they have any idea, or suggestions of how we could even get water to brush our teeth. I was utterly amazed with the consistent bad service, the media room did not function, yet it charged me twice for computer usage. I was so glad to leave this hotel yesterday, and head home, I feel sorry for anyone who was checking in, as the entire lobby was smelly, it was hard to breathe in the hotel because of the water leak, and all they did was put fans in the hallway to try and dry ithe carpet, there was a large basket filled with dirty water sitting in the hallway by the elevator for 2 days, no one was concerned with cleaning it up! Did I mention the hotel employee also accused my son of stealing another guest hat, it was completely ridiculous. Save yourself a great disappointment, and stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, nor would I stay there again.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I loved the services that was given the stay was immaculate I would definitely come back and stay again
The room was very clean and it felt homely it was great that a little kitchen area was also un the room so we didn't have to eat out all the time I would love to come back or even consider moving to florid and obtain a job with you guys

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My Fiancée & I, did not expect to walk in the room & see all that we got for such a low cost....alot of room, a kitchen & the breakfast offered was even worth getting up for after a late night....& it seemed like the location has you in the middle of everything in either direction....Truly Recommend it

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hi Dwayne. Thank you for your recommendation! We are very happy to hear we exceeded your expectations upon arrival and throughout your stay. We are glad you were able to enjoy our delicious breakfast, accommodating suites and central location. Please make sure to come see us again soon; we can't wait to have you back!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Upon Check-in there where some female ladies getting hype at the front desk agent. I over heard the conversation and it seems like the agent knew what he was dealing with. Overall he check-in me in matter of seconds.

The room is was very spacious. I was only going to sleep the nights but extended it various of time.

My boy Mally and Michael made us feel like home. Overall stay was beyond affordable and value customer service.

Rate very depending on season but even there highest is well worth it.

Room Tip: No noise peace and quiet
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi Angel. Thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad to hear you had a quick and easy check-in upon arrival. It's also great to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms and attentive team members. Thank you again for your comments; we can't wait to welcome you back Orlando soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For the price and for the location, we can't complain. Hot breakfast daily, shuttle service to Disney and Universal. 1 bedroom suite worked for our family. Bathroom had two entrances so sofa sleeper kiddo did not have to walk through 'bedroom' to use it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so happy you had a wonderful stay as our guest. It is great to hear you enjoyed our hot breakfast, Theme Park shuttle and spacious suite layout. We certainly hope to see you again soon for another delightful Orlando vacation.
Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check-in was easy. I was assigned room 432. Quickly realized that the AC unit was not working properly. I called the front desk and they sent maintenance immediately. Maintenance determined it could not be fixed in a timely fashion so I was given another room - Room 335. I appreciated the quick resolution. Clean room. There was a noticeable lemony odor but it was not bad or good. I was glad the room didn't feel humid. No complaints on the bedding, I was comfortable. The bathroom was clean.

The hotel was one street over from the main street with all the eateries, shops and attractions. It was relatively close to Universal Studio Parks. Great location. Relatively quiet, yet close to everything.

The concierge gave out lots of discount coupons to the local restaurants.

Breakfast was OK, adequate. Grits, eggs, sausage, cereals, breads, fruit.

This hotel is well worth the money especially when you pay in advance. Great deal.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are delighted to hear you had an easy check-in and to know any issues were quickly resolved by our attentive staff. We hope you will come see us again soon for another convenient and comfortable Orlando vacation.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed over here for 4 nights 5 days for Disney parks visits.Overall stay is good.Neat & comfortable. Need to have more & speedy shuttle services to Disney Parks. Staff is friendly. Housekeeping can be improved.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your insight. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and our comfortable rooms. We will go ahead and pass your comments on to the appropriate department for review, and hope we can welcome you back to Orlando in the near future.

Been to StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando? Share your experiences!